August 2021 Moms
Options

Questions thread

Re: Questions thread

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy Ahh!  Thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I would! I feel like I’m working my mental health more than physical lately haha
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I think that’s a great idea!
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy 100%.  Maybe even biweekly?  Lol
  • Options
    TW just kinda weird I think?

Has anyone blead from a pap/speculum? I kinda have some trauma relating to it, but I still didn't expect to bleed. They also had to switch to a smaller speculum.

• Options
    @doodlemom131i think it is normal to have some spotting after any the of probe based exam- especially if they took a cell sample. As long as it isn't a lot of bleeding I wouldn't be worried but maybe just send your doc an email to be sure. 
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 The vagina and cervix can be very friable during pregnancy.  A little bleeding or spotting after some sort of internal exam is normal.

• Options
    Thank you so much @ladyk127 and @surrenderdorothy <3
  • Options
    For this that did the Materniti21 testing in last pregnancies how did you receive your results? I finally got my blood drawn after trying to schedule for a week but they gave me no info- literally just sent me down to the lab. I don’t know if it will go through my normal patient portal or if I will get my results some other way? I sent a note to my doc but haven’t heard back. 

We want to do something special as a fam to find out the baby’s sex and I don’t want to accidentally open it with my other test results. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I did the panorama when pregnant with DS.  The nurse gave me a code off of the box that I could track the results.  The results did not go to my portal, the nurse called me to give me the information.  Then she asked me multiple times how I wanted the sex, email? Envelope at the front desk?  Wait? I asked her “can you just tell me right now?” 😂 she did.  Once we hung up she posted it to my portal.  
  • Options
    Ok thank you! That is helpful. @emily1052
  • Options
    My hips are hurting already and I was wondering if this could be pregnancy related since it’s so soon? I remember my discomfort with my 2nd but I’m certain it was within the last 6-10 weeks. I’ve also been getting random pains in my hands which also happened with my 2nd. My first appointment is Thursday but can’t believe I already should buy a pregnancy pillow😅
  • Options
    @alexa_94 I've already had some bad back pain so could be normal? 
  • Options
    alexa_94 I've been having awful hip pain. Especially at night. This is my third baby, and I remember having hip pain early with my second as well. I've been taking baths, doing some yoga, and rolling on a tennis ball which has helped some. 
  • Options
    @alexa_94 I've had hip pain too! I talked to my midwife and she suggested seeing a physical therapist to learn some exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor. Of course they are closed because of the pandemic, ha so that was cool.. so I've been stretching ever since. This is my third baby, and I also didn't think I could have pain this early but I do!
  • Options
    For all of you with SUVs, do any of you have an SUV with a third row?  After # 3 comes I will need a bigger car that can fit two car seats and a booster.  I was looking at the Telluride and Palisade (online) and was wondering about the trunk space with the 3rd row up.  Does anyone drive either one of those?  Or, again, anything else with a 3rd row?

• Options
    I have a GMC Acadia with captains chairs in 2nd row and a walk through to the 3rd. The walk through was my “must” when looking at SUVs so that it felt roomier. I feel like there is enough room for groceries. Lots of room with the third row down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emmylou78 That's great, I hadn't considered that one.  I will add that to my list.  Thank you!

• Options
    @alexa_94 I had an active job when I got pregnant with my first. I had horrible hip pain show up around 9 wks that was so bad I had to quit my job. After trying one or two others I found a great prenatal chiropractor who helped me immensely! IDK how anyone can go through pregnancy without one but maybe not everyone is as prone to knocking things out of whack while pregnant lol. I’m away from home right now and my rib keeps going out. :persevere: Just a word of caution though... make sure you do your research first. I wouldn’t trust just any chiropractor while pregnant! Look for one who is trained in prenatal care. 
  • Options
    @jynjer3 thats so good to hear you got so much relief from the chiropractor! I had so much pain with #2 that I couldn't work by the end, nor do anything else. I promised myself this time I would do everything possible so that wouldn't happen. I've never been to the chiro, but I have high hopes!
  • Options
    @ladyk127 I have the new Dodge Durango with captains chairs in the middle row and 2 roomy seats in the back row. We love it and feel like there is a ton of space. 
  • Options
    @alexa_94 the relaxin hormone kicks in right away so a lot of pains  from previous pregnancies and other issues can come back right away.  Sitting on an exercise ball can help and just changin what you’re doing frequently.  Sitting then walking then stretching,etc. 
  • Options
    @mrspants0809 Thank you! I will also add that one to my list as well.

• Options
    MegStarkMegStark member
    edited January 2021
    @surrenderdorothy  I got my results via phone call and she asked me then if I wanted to know the sex, I said YES and she told me. 

imageimage

• Options
    ladyk127 said:
    For all of you with SUVs, do any of you have an SUV with a third row?  After # 3 comes I will need a bigger car that can fit two car seats and a booster.  I was looking at the Telluride and Palisade (online) and was wondering about the trunk space with the 3rd row up.  Does anyone drive either one of those?  Or, again, anything else with a 3rd row?
    I have a Tahoe with Captain chairs in the middle and I love it. I'll also have three car seats (the oldest is currently in a high back booster). 

imageimage

• Options
    @megstark I really like the Tahoe.  My neighbor got the Yukon which is similar and that is also a nice looking car.  After reading all of these I think captain chairs in the middle is the way to go.  Thank you for responding!!

• Options
    We went to look at suv too (saw telluride) but there didn't seem to be enough space to walk through to 3rd row between the captains chairs. Is that just bc telluride is not a full size suv? Or do you have to fold down the captain's chair to walk through in the other cars?? I liked the idea of having the car seats live in the captain's chair and having people walk to 3rd row if needed but not sure if that's feasible. 
  • Options
    @hannelorre I haven't seen it in person but it's on my list to look at, and for that reason mainly.  I need something roomy because my son will be in the third row permanently so I can fit the two car seats in the middle.  He's only 6 so hopefully there would be at least enough room for him to walk through

• Options
    We went to look at suv too (saw telluride) but there didn't seem to be enough space to walk through to 3rd row between the captains chairs. Is that just bc telluride is not a full size suv? Or do you have to fold down the captain's chair to walk through in the other cars?? I liked the idea of having the car seats live in the captain's chair and having people walk to 3rd row if needed but not sure if that's feasible. 
    In my Tahoe, there is room to walk through to the second row. Easier for kids, of course. And I have two car seats in captain chairs right now but generally keep the passenger front seat moved forward so it's easier to get to the back (not much legroom between captains seats and front row)... I'll have my oldest permanently sit in the back after baby comes and have the infant seat behind me. You can't get to the back around a rear-facing seat, and you can't fold the captain's chairs to get to the back if you have any sort of car seat in them. If we happen to have another adult ride with us, I'll also move my 5 yr old back there to open a captain's chair.  

Hope that makes sense! 

imageimage

• Options
    TMI Alert

Does anyone else feel more "damp" than usual?  I mentioned it to my friend and she told me she had a leak with her daughter, so of course now I'm worried about that.  I mean not like very worried, because I guess discharge is normal but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.  I might call my dr tomorrow just to be sure.

• Options
    I've read that you can (and experienced) more cm as you enter and progress through the 2nd trimester. Its sometimes at the point where my urine is a little cloudy, but haven't had any issues related to it.
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 I think part of the problem was the pants I was wearing.  They were not made with a breathable material and once I changed it wasn't as bad.  

• Options
    Just looking for some encouragement. I'm currently 11 weeks and have been SO sick. This week, I'm way better. I should be happy, but I'm so nervous that symptoms are going. I saw the baby on Monday and heard on the doppler Wednesday, but yesterday couldn't hear it at all. 
    Someone tell me this is normal. I logically know it is, but just need others to tell me. Lol 
  • Options
    @sparks31211 hi, yes, totally normal! Symptoms come and go. I was also puking a ton week 10 and then week 11 only threw up once or twice. Now at 12 weeks feeling nauseous but haven’t puked in a bit.  Also, Doppler before 12 or 13 weeks is tricky for this reason! But i totally understand your fears - I have PGAL brain often. Just know that your feelings are valid and we’ve all been there. 

Has anyone had the covid vaccine yet? How did it go? I’m scheduled to next week. I’m not looking to start any controversy, just wanted to know if anyone had had the experience while pregnant so far. 

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I'm scheduling mine in the next few weeks too! Very excited, but nervous about the possibility of fever with the second shot. Following along for anyone who has gotten both!
  • Options
    @sparks31211 totally normal. I was freaking out last week because I wasn't nauseous and yesterday I was so dehydrated from throwing up all day the day before. Hopefully the nausea is just easing off for you 💕💕💕
  • Options
    @sparks31211
    Had this experience earlier in the week where I all of a sudden felt better for two days.   I don’t have another appt for 3 weeks so I was kind of freaking out!  Then I had a huge dinner and felt awful again that evening, it was a huge wave of relief feeling awful. 😂 I’ve had several friends tell me it’s time to start feeling better (I’m almost 12 weeks) and also it comes in waves.  Hoping you find some emotional relief, the anxiety is so hard!