July 2020 Moms

*Symptoms Thread*

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• @blaf322 It's the best, and the titles are super descriptive so you can find pretty much exactly what you want (or listen to everything! ... And I'm not just saying that because I'm episode #283) 
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited December 2019
    My emotions finally hit. A little last night I started crying because I didn’t put enough water in the stuffing and it was crunchy. So I apologize For this venting but have no one else that knows that’s been through this. 
    Today my emotions are a million times worse. I am a FTM and having mini freak outs. We tried for 5 months before finally getting this positive. My husband was always “on the fence” with such a big change but states that we would’ve changed things if he wasn’t okay with this outcome. I’ve wanted to be a mom for a long time, and even more the last couple years. I’m excited. But so nervous/scared about everything changing in life, The less sleep, “less freedom” to pick up and go do things. Then I start ugly crying. Then I feel bad for even thinking that way. And cry harder. :#  
    Not to mention it started when I was trying on holiday party dresses yet almost all show my bloat like I’m not only pregnant, but a jiggly 5months pregnant.  :/
  • Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 it really does help, thank you! 
  • Just started listening to The Birth Hour podcast and started with the episode where they received a Down Syndrome diagnosis at birth (as an AMA FTM I have some anxieties around these diagnoses). It was SO moving and beautiful and I was a crying mess on the light rail home. I’m not usually someone that cries easily (and certainly not on a public train) so I guess I’m chalking that up to a combo of beautiful/poignant story and hormones. Whew. Hopefully I get it together before DH gets home. He is at a complete loss when I’m crying, poor guy. 
  • I want to die. DH had work commitments all day so I had to be full time parent. All day nausea has kicked in with a vengeance. I attempted to take b6 today, and promptly threw it all up in our kitchen trash can while my daughter watched, it was horrible. No food sounds good. It was so not like this with my first, this is horrid!
  • so what exactly does round ligament pain feel like?  I have these weird twinges that are like if my kidneys were on my front instead of my back.  They're not *painful* per se, just uncomfortable.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Random bouts of restlessness and insomnia, anyone? I feel like I toss and turn all night because my body physically feels restless. Currently in a hotel room with my husband, toddler-free, and I’m unable to sleep in like I wanted to 😑. 

• so what exactly does round ligament pain feel like?  I have these weird twinges that are like if my kidneys were on my front instead of my back.  They're not *painful* per se, just uncomfortable.
    Sounds like round ligament to me. It was always kind of like a cramping/pulling sensation for me. Worse on my right side than left 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • I’ve been lurking for a bit because I’ve been nervous. I’ve been having intermittent morning sickness.  Usually I can still eat as long as it’s not something that I have an aversion, too.  My biggest complaint, and I’m hoping someone has some advice, is I’m so thirsty.  I am so so thirsty, but as soon as I drink any water, I gag.   The only the that I can drink a large amount of is Coke and obviously I try to limit that.  I let myself have a can a day because it feels so good to drink something cold.  Sparkling water doesn’t work.   Any tips?  This is my 3rd so surely I should have some tricks of the trade, but except for waiting til the evening when I usually have a nausea free window, I’m at a loss. 

• I had terrible insomnia with my first.  No advice except to try unisom if it gets too bad. 

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited December 2019
    @kboydbowman that actually doesn’t sound like RLP to me. You’ll known it’s RLP if you feel more of a sharp pain (not necessarily terrible pain, but sharp) and when you bend over, it gets better. For me, it typically happened when I’m first getting up or out of beds. So the ligaments were quickly stretched when I stood up taller. 

ETA- I dealt with a lot of kidney infections when I was younger so I know what kidney pain feels like and where it shows up. This is lower for me. Middle of the RLP is as far side to side as kidneys but maybe a few inches above where your pubes start/at the bottom of your belly.
  • kc0711 said:
    I want to die. DH had work commitments all day so I had to be full time parent. All day nausea has kicked in with a vengeance. I attempted to take b6 today, and promptly threw it all up in our kitchen trash can while my daughter watched, it was horrible. No food sounds good. It was so not like this with my first, this is horrid!

stuck in the quote box ...

hey my kids watched me puke in the kitchen trash a few days ago, too!   I needed my inhaler but, of course, it made me gag.  I’m obviously raising monsters because they thought it was funny. We didn’t tell them about the baby yet. So they just thought I was sick.  Little buttheads. 

• @MrsTiger123 I would try gatorade or body armor so at least you're getting some good electrolytes with all the sugar. I have also found lemonade to be a really good thirst quencher when I feel queasy. Also a lot of sugar but you could mix with seltzer to water it down. Also herbal tea, while not exactly thirst quenching, will keep you nice and hydrated. 
  • @MrsTiger123 I’ve been having water intake issues as well. I need to pick up some Gatorade as @zande2016 suggested. It helped a lot last time! So I second this! I tried lemon water and it did help in the moment but then later I realized that was a terrible idea for my reflux and was pretty sick that night. 

• zande2016 said:
    @MrsTiger123 I would try gatorade or body armor so at least you're getting some good electrolytes with all the sugar. I have also found lemonade to be a really good thirst quencher when I feel queasy. Also a lot of sugar but you could mix with seltzer to water it down. Also herbal tea, while not exactly thirst quenching, will keep you nice and hydrated. 
    I don’t know why I didn’t think of Gatorade.  Because last week I basically only drank kool aid.  That would be a slightly better choice.  It’s frustrating to feel so parched. 

• @MrsTiger123 you can also mix Gatorade with water if that is manageable too - that’s what I do to try to keep the total amount of sugar down when I’m struggling with water. 
  • @blaf322 first baby I had a hotspot so I could feel everything too. Stupid epidural.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @mehugg your description alone of that ride made me want to vom. Props to you for making it through.

@KatieEl I have heard of that podcast but haven't listened to it yet! Definitely going to subscribe!
  • @rachelredhead same. Every morning when I get dressed, I put on my normal pants and think "I'm fine, they totally still fit." And then I eat lunch and the rest of the day is agony while I hide in my office with my pants unbuttoned.
  • @rachelredhead I started doing that this week too. Mine are find when I'm standing but I can't sit at a desk for 8hrs with them buttoned anymore. It made my nausea worse 
  • I only have two pair of jeans that I even enjoy wearing anymore.  I packed maternity pants for this weekend.  We will be eating a lot and sitting at the concert--so I am going to be comfortable! No shame. 
  • @blaf322 yeah, it’s the sitting that does me in. I’m new at my job and I don’t have an office yet so I had to clandestinely unbutton my jeans in my cubicle. Reason #425791 I need an office. 😂
  • @bluguitarhannah super exciting! Sounds like a great visit! 
  • @bluguitarhannah that's so exciting! Congrats on the good visit!!
  • What are you all doing still wearing jeans and pants with buttons? For me, it's stretchy pants and leggings from here on out. 
  • @bluguitarhannah yay for the good u/s!

@zande2016 it's the worst. My work has a professional dress code except Friday's. I have a pair of leggings I could probably do on Friday's but even those have a weird band that is kind of uncomfortable. I just can't wait until I come back after the holiday and can tell everyone and start wearing maternity pants. I LOVE maternity pants.
  • We are business casual but I often wear leggings tucked into nice boots with a long sweater and I think that helps disguise the fact that they are leggings lol
  • I’m full on wearing maternity jeans today. No shame. I’ve eaten some pretty bad food over the past few weeks so it was needed 😂. They’re gap jeans with side panels, so it’s not totally obvious, and way more comfortable
  • @coffeeandcookies84 I wore maternity jeans to Turkey day.  The PIO bloat has been killing me. No shame in my game. 
  • Leggings. Yoga pants. And scrubs are my life now. 
  • @bluguitarhannah I'm so glad you got the US and got some peace of mind! 
  • I am living in leggings and sweats as well. I hardly ever wear jeans as it is. I try to just dress up my leggings so I’m not looking forward to my maternity clothes since all I have are jeans but at least they’re more comfortable than my normal ones...anyone have recommendations on a brand for maternity leggings...like in the 10-20 range... this is our third, I can’t go too crazy 😂

• Sorry for TMI, but does anyone else have a warm/hot crotch? Every once in awhile I get a sudden wave of warmth in my nethers, and then I think it’s something like warm blood coming out of me. When I go to the washroom to check, the toilet paper is clear from any blood/discharge. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m thinking it must just be the increased blood flow to that region. 
  • @elk90 I haven’t experienced this myself, but I would also guess it’s related to the increased blood flow 
  • I put some hair oil on after the shower. I’ve used it a million times before but tonight it smells like pickles. 😂😂😂 I can’t decide if I want to shower again now. 
  • Not specific to pregnancy at this point since I no longer have a pelvic floor (thank you 3 kids in 3 years), but the snissing is really ramping up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I know everyone is tired (thanks, first trimester!), but wtf is with this feeling of being so exhausted and then I get in bed and cannot for the life of me fall asleep?? I just toss and turn for an hour, get up and pee, come back, toss and turn, and eventually fall asleep, but not until well after 11pm. I'm taking Diclegis which is basically unisom so what gives??