June 2020 Moms

October Randoms

Re: October Randoms

• My kitty is always needy—especially when I'm working from home and need to join a video call—but I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • Me at lunch: Mmmm! Banh mi!
    Me now: So many regrets.  

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @hayhay2501 haha oh wow that's crazy! And kinda cool
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• When I was talking to my 3 1/2 year old niece on Sunday she asked me if I had a name for the baby in my belly. I asked her what we should call it and she said matter-of-factly “Pirateship Sea Wall” lol 
  • @hayhay2501
    That is so fun! Where does your sister live?  I hope you can enjoy your pregnancies "together" as much as possible!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 how exciting!!!! That is so amazing. 
  • @hayhay2501 That's super awesome. I hope as they grow up they get to spend time together!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today isn't warm at all but it feels like a dairy queen day to me
  • @diagonalley- Boston! So not close but hopefully one day we live nea4 each other again!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 That's awesome! My sister and I were pregnant at the same time in 2017 (boys born 5 months apart). We live really close to each other and our sons are inseparable. It's so cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welp...I just ate way too much candy. Again.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• thank you! I looked at the abbreviations thread but it didn't explain DH and DS. Do you know what those are?
  • cfawcett2 said:
    thank you! I looked at the abbreviations thread but it didn't explain DH and DS. Do you know what those are?
    DH-dear husband. dear son, dear daughter is DD also.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Saw this and laughed because both my husband and I are Geminis and now we’re adding another Gemini to the family. I’m anxious! Lol
  • @julzy Two stubborn Taurus parents, Gemini first born, and the middle is a virgo. So another Gemini, lol, or even potentially in my case, another Taurus (we deliver early generally, my first was 5 weeks early). 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @saladflambe What kind of candy?  I usually have such a sweet tooth and I miss candy sounding good.  Actually, I miss anything sounding good.  Chocolate chips by the handful are usually my jam!
  • @saladflambe hahah you and your freaking candy addiction lol. You crack me up girl 😂

• @sheshe3386 hah that’s so funny 😆 your niece is cute lol

@hayhay2501 omg that’s so cool and fun that you and your sister have the same due dates. ❤️ 

@mariabele your cat is adorable. What’s your cats name? I have a cat too. He’s needy also haha. His name is Rupert. He’s a black and white tuxedo one. 
  • @mindyb2019 Awww, I had a black and white tuxedo growing up. My kitty's name is Claudius. :) Hubby want a "strong" name. I talked him down from Zeus.
  • @mariabele lol omg Claudius. Yesss.. I LOVE that. Great name pick 😁👍 this is my cat 

• @kberm3 uhh I had a fun size snickers, 2 mini snickers, and 2 fun size baby ruths... and then last night I went out to dessert w/ my friend so I had dessert and fries for dinner lol

• @saladflambe Ohhh duh Halloween candy!!  We don’t ever get trick or treaters at our house so I end up eating all the candy myself if we do buy any...
  • We buy full size bars for Halloween, we're in a small neighborhood. Also get an extra box from Costco to make sure we have plenty. For us too. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I got a few hours away while our friends watched DS on vacation. He’s having a beer. I ordered a Twix milkshake with Carmel sauce and oh man it’s delicious. Zero regrets. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee I need one of those now 
  • @pourmeanothermocktail we’ve talked about going the full-size candy bar route before so we could really reward anybody who actually bothered to trick or treat at our house!  In 5 years, we’ve had 1 trick or treater.  
  • kberm3 said:
    @pourmeanothermocktail we’ve talked about going the full-size candy bar route before so we could really reward anybody who actually bothered to trick or treat at our house!  In 5 years, we’ve had 1 trick or treater.  
    We're on a 3 block long dead end road, with only one other similar residential road nearby. So only the kids of those two streets go on those streets. We love our full size bars.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail
    This is surprise baby #3 for me. You'd think we would figure out how to avoid this! Lol. I am nervous to tell my brother and sister in law. They have been trying for 2 years with no luck. I know they'll be happy for me, but I dont want to cause sister in law any pain. I feel for all the mommas that struggle. Its gotta be so tough.

I am also a homebirth mom. My first was born in a birth center. 2 weeks 2 days late. That was a hard birth. Compound birth(arm came out with head) and sunny side up(back labor) he took 5 minutes to start breathing. The midwife did CPR on him. They knew exactly what to do, stayed calm. Son just turned 7. Decided on homebirth for #2. Daughters birth was quick and easy at home. I'm ready for waterbirth #3.
  • I have known I am pregnant for 4 weeks already.  4 WEEKS! I so need to see this baby.  Next Thursday cannot come soon enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley I WISH someone would invent an ultrasound app so you could just scan yourself at home whenever you wanted. The wait is so horrible! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 that would be amazing if someone made a ultrasound app. Good idea. It would make life sooo much more easier and stress free scanning at home whenever you wanted. I have to wait forever for my first ultrasound appointment ☹️ 
  • @mindyb2019 billion dollar idea right there! But I’m sure way too complicated lol. Where I live you generally don’t get a scan until 12 weeks! I can’t handle that so I’ll pay for an early one at 8 weeks. I cannot wait until December 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 it is a billion dollar idea. Get on it girl haha create wonders lol yes I’m sure it would be way too complicated. Aww that sucks. I live in Canada so I don’t pay for any of that. I get my 8 week scan late next month. Ugh feels like forever away. Waiting till December would be horrible. 
  • edited October 2019
    @mindyb2019 billion dollar idea right there! But I’m sure way too complicated lol. Where I live you generally don’t get a scan until 12 weeks! I can’t handle that so I’ll pay for an early one at 8 weeks. I cannot wait until December 
    I mean, you'd have to make a Bluetooth ultrasound wand to do it, just have the phone act as the display....

eta posted too soon

while I might be able to talk them into a dating scan early, it might not happen, and then my first scan will be anatomy scan at 18-21 weeks, lol. 8 and 12 week scans aren't the norm by me.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I’m in the UK so our system is very similar to yours! Minus the 8 week scan lol.

@pourmeanothermocktail ahhh that’s a really long wait! I assume you have midwife/drs appointments before then?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I’m in the UK so our system is very similar to yours! Minus the 8 week scan lol.

@pourmeanothermocktail ahhh that’s a really long wait! I assume you have midwife/drs appointments before then?
    Yes! First usually at 10 weeks, then again at 14, 18, scan in here somewhere, then 22, 26, 28 weeks. They're every 2 weeks then until 34 or 36 weeks. 

But we generally only do one scan unless something comes up. I ended up with 3 last time, due to a placenta placement concern at 20 weeks, so we checked again at 30 weeks. That was resolved, but then baby had settled breech. My first did that too and NEVER flipped over, so we did another check at 37 weeks for position so we could make plans for a breech delivery.

But, had placenta been perfectly placed originally, we might have only had the one scan. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am finally caught up. @pourmeanothermocktail
    suffice to say that seems absolutely ridiculous. I can’t  imagine waiting that long and if something went wrong not even knowing?

also ladies, please get on the ultrasound want idea. My doc told me last time that she used to scan her baby every. Day. Before leaving work just for reassurance. How lucky is that?

we also get hardly any trick or treaters but what’s extra sad is that chocolate sounds revolting right now. Coffee went away earlier this week. Life in this first tri is hard. 

Im so impressed by how many international moms we have on here!! That’s so cool to hear how the systems are different? Has anyone ever listened to the Birth Hour? She sometimes interviews people who had babies in different countries and I always love to compare. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • I got the anatomy scan with mine 19 weeks with my son. 2 more, during the my 41st week and 42nd week(hospital charged me $6k for,those last two appointments, and I didnt even get to look at baby) so we could check the placenta and cord werent deteriorating/calcifying. And that there were enough fluids. 
    With my daughter, only the anatomy scan at 18 weeks. 
    I dont do any extra, cause I dont have insurance. And since we had our Last child 5 years ago. I gotta buy baby stuff we will need. And it won't tell me anything of value to me. Only thing it would tell me I would want to know, is if there is more than 1 baby. 
  • This is so crazy to me. I have kind of a unique case where, because I see a high risk doc for total care, they do an ultrasound every single time I come in. I had my first one today (6w and was able to see a heartbeat which we weren’t expecting but how exciting) and then I’ll have one every two weeks until we deliver. Every single time. I asked if we’ll ever go longer than that in between visits today but she said it’s probably going to stay pretty consistent. On one hand I loved seeing my daughter so much more but it also takes a long time each time when I’m already having lots of appointments. I’ll just know this baby really well before they’re born 😊

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20