September 2019 Moms
Options

April Randoms

Re: April Randoms

• Options
    DH and I were just talking about women who didn't know they were pregnant the other day. I just can't wrap my head around it. Like you have something that MOVES inside of you. How do you miss that? Not saying I dont believe them, i just can't process it lol
  • Options
    We were at a market yesterday when a passing woman made a rude comment about how “disgusting” it was that my son was eating off the tray on his stroller. I swear people will find any reason to mom shame. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @phillyftm haha I wish labor just felt like a stomach bug. 😂 I guess when labor starts it’s kind of stomach bugish... it felt more like strong period cramps for me at first, and then went from there. Wish I was missing that gene! Lol
  • Options
    So I kind of hate the phrase "pregnancy brain" but I forgot to bring my driver's license to the airport on Tuesday.  I'm usually very organized so this was so out of character for me.  I didn't want to bring my full wallet so I pulled out a couple of credit cards, my insurance card, and forgot the license.  On the way to the airport, I even joked with my husband wondering what I forgot. Luckily I was able to fly but had to have a full pat down at security.   
  • Options
    @sparkles5275 oh wow, I'm shocked that they even let you fly! I'm always so paranoid that I'll forget my license while traveling. I gave mine to DH to go pick up a package for me on Friday and then I forgot to put it back in my wallet (he left it on our dresser). We went out Saturday to celebrate a friend's birthday and our group got turned away from two bars because I didn't have my ID. Luckily, they took pity on us at the third place and let me in when I explained that I'm pregnant and wouldn't be drinking anyway.
  • Options
    I'm surprised too.  I figured I'd have to go home to get my license and rebook to a later flight.  The woman at bag drop said I was the fourth or fifth person that day with no ID and it was only like 9:30 am!
  • Options
    @sparkles5275 I hate the phrase pregnancy brain to, but I definitely have it. Or something. Two weeks ago I left for work without my wallet. Last week I left my phone at work and then the next day I forgot to bring my name badge to work. 
  • Options
    So this just happened... 
    (screenshot of the story I texted to DH because I don’t want to type it all out again) 

I mean, what the hell? I already checked in and everything. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel for real!? They better not make you reschedule. What dumbasses. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom a nurse just took me to the room and took my vitals so hopefully the OB will be in soon. I’m shaking my head so hard right now. I have a bunch of questions too; I hope she doesn’t rush me. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel I’m sorry you had to deal with that, but I’m legitimately laughing in my work bathroom at your saga!!! 😂🤣

How the f*ck does that happen?!?!
  • Options
    @themadcamel Haha SERIOUSLY? Did the OB rush you or say anything about the mixup? Report back!
  • Options
    @themadcamel what dafuq?????  Lol that is ridiculous!  But I’m glad little bean is doing well!
  • Options
    @mommyshark13- I honestly can actually get it. With my first, I had an anterior placenta and I am a little heavier to start with. I honestly didn’t gain any weight (ended 5 pounds less than I started) my entire pregnancy and had very few symptoms that could be easily explained with just feeling off. Due to having the anterior placenta, I didn’t really feel much movement until almost 3rd try. And even the movement I did feel was very muffled for lack of better words. I could totally see how someone could explain it away if they were in denial at all. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mommyshark13 yeaaaahhh with how sick I get, it’s legitimately not possible for me to comprehend people not knowing they’re pregnant, but I know I’m just one of those ‘lucky ones’ who gets all day sickness instead of just morning sickness and with DS it lasted until 36 weeks... with DD now I’m almost 17 weeks annnnd there’s no end in sight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @themadcamel Super late to the convo, but that is so weird! And annoying. How do you they not communicate who has signed in and what not? 
  • Options
    LilyASF42LilyASF42 member
    edited April 2019

Does anyone here use dishpans.....for like actual dishes?

I have them but I've never used them for dishes, they are what I use for soaking clothes with stains or anything that needs hand washing.  It's what I've always used and what I've grown up seeing my mom use.

So I needed to get another one the other day and I'm at Target in the laundry section and I couldn't find one.  I go to find an associate to help me and as I'm talking to them I realized.....I don't know what the English word for this item is!  I've only ever needed to refer to it while speaking to my mother, I guess, and she only speaks Portuguese.  Eventually we work out what it is that I'm looking for and they say "Oh you mean a dishpan!"  "Um, sure?"  We wander over to the kitchen section and there it is!  It was in that moment that I had a flashback to some middle school home ec class and I go "Oh yeah, I think I have seen these used for dishes."  But that's probably the only time I have! lol  I haven't felt that foreign in a while :-D  Just an odd life moment for me :-)

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @LilyASF42 can you post a picture? Do you mean like pots and pans you cook with? I will say I’ve always just used the sink for soaking laundry.

ETA: I just googled “dishpan” and now I realize what you’re talking about hahaha. I’ve only ever used those as a make shift sink while camping, but they would make great laundry soakers!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @LilyASF42 (also had to Google) - I have never used said item for dishes.  In our house they are referred to as 'puke bucket' and only used as such.  ;) 

eta spelling
  • Options
    @kgg2241 it really was bizarre. I'm thinking maybe they have an online system to check people in and she just forgot to check the box that I was there..?? There are at least 5 different people in the office area at once.
    @LilyASF42 I'm chuckling at your story. My grandma used a dishpan for dishes because they never had a dishwasher. My other grandma (who lived with my parents and me) used one to wash her "unmentionables."
  • Options
    @themadcamel Oh no! It reminds me of my friends story of waiting in a room for 1 hour, she finally picked up the phone and paged the Dr.  She would have left the room but she was sitting naked under the sheet they give you. 
  • Options
    You guys, we're supposed to get another bomb cyclone tomorrow and Thursday. It's currently 80 degrees outside. What the eff, Colorado? @mamaber2204 @blitzybee stay alert, stay alive. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom It just started snowing here  :'(. I bet we are sending it your way. Good thing I still have my snow tires on!
  • Options
    mamaber2204mamaber2204 member
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom YUUUUP and it’s headed my way after you guys! We’re supposed to get 12-18 inches between Thursday and Friday... It’s been so sunny and pretty and spring-y that I don’t wanna see the snow agaaaaaaain 😢😢😢😢
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We apparently have a blizzard coming tonight into tomorrow here as well @zuuls_mom! Some places are expected to get 24+ inches. We are in the area set for 18+ inches. I am sure hoping they are wrong. Yesterday it was 73 degrees. What the fresh hell is this??????
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @LilyASF42 we use dishpans for gardening! Bringing in the veggies and washing. Or washing feet.

I feel bad for everyone getting snow. I don't think we are suppose to get any, but the temps sure dipped below freezing again making me want to cry.
  • Options
    This is Maine, 1 day apart.... I feel for you all getting the blizzards! Because this sucks with just a couple inches! I need Spring and warm sunshine!
  • Options
    I think that same snow storm is hitting us here in Minnesota. Earlier in the week they were saying 17 inches for us. Thank god they downgraded it to only 8 possible. The western part of the state could get up to 20+ inches. I just want it to be summer!!!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    I feel for all of you getting these snowstorms! I can't believe we haven't been hit with 5th winter up here in the middle of Canada yet. Although I am sure it is coming. We always get a good dump in April. I'll be thinking of you all!
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    Whaaaaat?! Maine and Colorado, I'm so sorry! And here I was complaining that it went from the mid-high 60s to low 40s and raining.
  • Options
    Anyone else stoked about the live action Lion King?!??!  I watched the trailer this morning and got goosebumps!
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom heavy apps sound so good and I’m not even sure what they are!! 

@mamaber2204 yes!! I’m also SO excited for Aladdin even if Will Smith as genie gives me the creeps lol
  • Options
    I feel for all you guys getting snowstorms, I really do. The weather here is rough, too!! 😜🤣😎

@zuuls_mom So are you not going to work then?? Does YS’s daycare/school have snow days like a “normal” school also? This is very interesting to me. Also because of you (and something delicious smelling on the train) I could go for a tiny slider right now, lol.
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 so excited for it!! The music of the trailer was enough to give me chills!
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @LJMoon6-how you holding up. My family is all in MN and they said they got hit pretty good. We are in WI so it is currently in the middle here now! Looks rough outside right now! 

@mamaber2204 yes!!!!! I am loving all the Disney remakes but this may be my favorite so far!! Baby Simba is the cutest thing ever!!! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options

I always joke about how New England doesn't have a spring but this crazy weather out there is definitely taking the prize!

I love Disney.  Love the Lion King.  LOVE the musical.  This latest rendition?  It's not grabbing me for some reason and I don't know why!  I'm trying to get into it, and I'll very likely see it anyway, but it's really just not speaking to me for some reason.

• Options

@cateyes543 I don't know how much snow we got total but holy hell that was one of the worse commutes in to work I've ever had. I was over an hour and a half late for work. I thought for sure my bus was going to crash. And it dawned on me that I’m riding in a vehicle with no seatbelt on while pregnant… My anxiety went through the roof! The roads are pure ice. We were stopped, stuck in traffic and at one point our bus just started sliding. This road wasn’t on a large hill but enough to cause people to just slide into the ditch. They ended up closing down this part of the highway. Ugh I’m just over this state. Move me to some place warm year round please!!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022