May 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 1/6/19 - 1/12/19

Re: Randoms Week of 1/6/19 - 1/12/19

• Options
    *Possible TW* Well, just received an email from my principal that one of our 4th graders fell through the ice today and was in the water for about an hour before being pulled out. He was air lifted to a bigger hospital for treatment. We have no idea what kind of condition he’s in. I have no idea how to handle this with my kids tomorrow. If you are the praying type, I’d really appreciate it, for the kiddo, the family, and our students and staff. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh @mrskoz428 I hope he is ok. Sometimes the cold water can help. I hope his family has good news. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 How terrible! I will be praying for him and his family.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @mrskoz428 praying! I hope the school counselor can meet with staff tomorrow morning to provide some guidance on how talk with the students. 
  • Options
    @alexva2017 I think that’s the plan. We have extra counselors on hand since he has siblings in 5th, 6th, and 9th grade. 
  • Options
    Oh @mrskoz428 that's so horrible. Definitely praying. That poor kid and his family.

• Options
    @mrskoz428 omg. Every parent's worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. I'm praying for that family, that boy, and everyone who knows them ♥️
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 oh wow, that is horrible. Good luck with today, and hopefully you will get some miraculous news about his condition.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Update in the spoiler (TW):
    After some Facebook investigation, it appears that he did not make it. I am terrified for today. My PTSD and anxiety don’t allow me to handle these situations well. Continued prayers please!

• Options
    What terrible news. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you, your kids, and the boys family.
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 my heart hurts so bad for his family. Sending you lots of thoughts & positive vibes for awful Monday.  :(

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    What awful news, @mrskoz428. Hoping there are other counselors on hand to help you and the students. It will be a tough road. 
  • Options
    That poor family. What a nightmare. Wishing you strength today, @mrskoz428.

• Options
    Thank you, all. We have counselors from all the elementary schools and the intermediate and middle school in hand. Lots of tears shed, from staff and students alike. This was so much harder than I ever imagined. I don’t even know how to continue teaching.
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 that's so awful. I'm so sorry ♥️
  • Options
    Absolutely heartbreaking, @mrskoz428. Praying for that poor family, for you, staff, and the students.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 that is really awful. So tragic. Prayers for his family and classmates <3

• Options
    bumbly_bbumbly_b member
    edited January 2019
    @mrskoz428 I'm so sorry. I will be praying for your students, the family and you. 

Tw: We are dealing with an unexpected loss in the family today as well and there just isn't anything good to say. End Tw

Grief is such a strange thing and we all move through it so differently. So creepy internet hugs to you. 
  • Options
    It would be really helpful if Excel had a way to highlight duplicates instead of just delete them. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    That that is horrible news @mrskoz428.  Glad they will have grief counselors on hand.  Don’t be afraid to talk to one for you.
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 how awful. Praying for the family and for you and your school family. 
  • Options
    @bumbly_b I'm sorry for your loss as well. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds men are so bad about being sick! Ugh! Glad you got a nap! That sounds perfect!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That must be an incredibly difficult thing to deal with. I am so sorry for your student's family. 

@bumbly_b I am so sorry for your loss, too. Man, what a junky Monday. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @mrskoz428 @bumbly_b so sorry for your losses. 
  • Options
    Today was a lot for me, we were out most of the day but it was a good day. I was really emotional because ************TW************ a woman in a parent support group I'm in for other parents dealing with similar conditions to DS, shared her son passed away due to a repeat of this condition. It seriously messed with me and I spent most of the night crying and I wouldn't tell H why. I emailed one of DS's doctor's explaining why I was upset and what could I expect in the future and she assured me his medical history is much different and I don't need to worry about that worst case scenario any more than any other parent. As he grows there are certain precautions we'll take but nothing that requires extra monitoring. It was so relieving to hear. After I got that email I told H why I'd been upset because I knew it would make him sad and worry and he had to go to work today so i didn't want to do that to him. I also had therapy today and it was sort of heavy. I asked when she usually sees patients with PTSD from their birth experience move past it and she basically said a long time and I didn't do myself any favors by getting pregnant again so quickly. She was very kind about it but I guess I'm going to therapy for the foreseeable future.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I am so so glad your doctor reassured you that you have nothing to worry about.  

Also I love that your son picked out an outfit.  I have to get my son (few months older than yours) to do the same!  Pretty sure he won’t understand what’s happening until the new baby arrives though, womp womp.
  • Options
    Everyone is dealing with some heavy stuff today. Hugs to all. 

Abrupt subject change in 3...2...1. Anybody do curly girl method? I kind of loosely followed it but just found out some of my products are not compatible. So I did a clarifying shampoo and am sitting around with a towel on my head deep conditioning with honey, olive oil and sauve naturals. My hair better be soft as a baby’s honey after al this trouble!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz I have straight hair that would not work with the curly girl method, but I did do No Poo for about a year and a half. It helped repair my hair and I went from having super oily hair that had to be washed every day to now I can go every three days. I still use products that kinda fit, but I don't do no poo anymore.  It got to be too much of a hassle of trial and error.
  • Options
    @lovelybabybumpz I have naturally curly hair and would say I follow it when I wear my hair curly. I have a bunch of the DevaCurl products that I love. I keep telling myself I'm going to do a deep condition on it but have yet to do so. What clarifying shampoo did you use?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers