June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 12/3

1235»

Re: Weekly randoms 12/3

• Options
    Does anyone else wrap decoy gifts? Or boxes? I took all the Amazon boxes we have been getting from the grandparents and wrapped them last night after I emptied them out. So it looks like we have a ton of gifts for the kids. All the actual gifts are in my craft closet. I just know DS2 will tear into them and spoil all the surprises so I had to get creative. I also don't like a tree without gifts underneath.
  • Options
    Put me in the horrific dream category. I’ve been having some off and on, but last night I had a dream that I had a raging kidney infection and they had to do surgery. Woke me right up. I’ve been worried off and on I had a UTI (mostly just back and pain, General acheyness, and some could be standard pregnancy bladder problems, could be a UTI. I haven’t had any burning or abnormal urgency) so I got at home test strips last night. 
    100% negative this morning, and yet I’m still freaking out that I have an undiagnosed kidney infection and I’m going to end up hospitalized. 

Thanks pregnancy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 that’s pretty genius wrapping empty boxes haha I don’t like nothing being under the tree so that’s a great idea. Also I feel you on the broken ornaments.  We switched to plastic ones last year cause I have some really nice glass ones I don’t want broken. 
  • Options
    @mkfolse22 this is the first year I have felt the need to wrap fake presents. The toddler/baby has already picked a few up and thrown them so actual breakable things are not going under there. I figure it will be a great surprise come Christmas morning when the fake ones are replaced with all the actual presents. Plus I already told DS2 if he opens any of them I will take that present and promptly put it in the trash. Never to be seen again. 😂 the kid backed away and hasn't touched one since. 
  • Options
    RE: the newbie threads... I get it when the appropriate threads are kinda buried (did that myself on accident, albeit in a Randoms thread, not a one-off original) but the right ones are awfully close to the top...like, slight scrolling and you're there.

As far as decoy gifts, that's genius. I actually have some wrapping to do today, but I'm not all that concerned that DH will get into his gifts early. But filing that tip away for future reference!

I have my niece and nephew coming over Monday afternoon for a bit (with their mom, of course, since they live almost an hour away). My house is nowhere near toddler-proof. Anyone have fun, toddler- and preschool-appropriate things you do with your kids, for Christmas or otherwise, that can be done on a carpeted floor? Like crafts and such (but I wouldn't have them decorate cookies there). I can get on Pinterest for ideas but you gals are so good at this stuff, figured I would ask here too.
  • Options
    Cutting snowflakes 

Making Christmas trees from felt and cutting out felt ornaments and gluing them to the tree. 

Making bulb ornaments with a picture of them inside or paint their hand white and have them grab the bottom of it and then you have little fingerprint snowmen (don't do this on your carpet). 

Cut out white circles and have them build a snowman. Add the hat, face, etc. 

Get a  Christmas sticker book and let them put stickers on the scenery. <<will keep a kid busy for sure! 

That's all I got off the top of my head. I could probably think of some more though.
  • Options
    I might be the only one and sympathetic to newbies since I’m a newbie.. but the announcing to sibling thread seemed legitimate and like other STM+ would have good advice. But just my opinion. For sure I do think it comes from not reading the read this first thread and it largely innocent. It’s a bummer the bump won’t let those one of threads gets deleted somehow when they are repeats though. 
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone noticed this, but our “read this first” post isn’t on the first page anymore. Despite the fact that it’s pinned :/
  • Options
    Are we sure it's still pinned? 
  • Options
    I just checked and it is at the top when I'm viewing it in the app. 
  • Options
    It’s not at the top but it’s up there !
  • Options
    Is it in poor taste to put a sticker on my stomach to go out in that says "this is a baby, not a muffin top"? I can't suck it in but it just looks like I ate too much pizza. Normally I wouldn't give a flying fig about it (for work I'm either in sweats on my couch, or just wearing whatever is comfortable in the office...literally our receptionist has worn yoga pants to work, it's that casual) but I actually wanted to look cute tonight and instead it looks like I found all the cookies.
  • Options
    Weird..mine was on the second page until @wearyfuzzball commented on it 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @ki1244 I hear you! Since I hid the pregnancy from all of my fam and friends until thanksgiving I was wearing looser shirts so felt normal— tried to wear one of my going out dresses for a bday party and was like woahhh. Hate the awkward stage before it actually looks like a bump 😂
  • Options
    So normally when DS gets up motn I hear him turn on his bedroom light and that wakes me up. Tonight he decides to just wonder in the halls like a fucking duranged drunk dictator. Scares the shit out of me. I attempted for a solid 2 mins to get him to go back to bed without making me get up. I finally get up and say ok bud let's go back to bed. Open his door and get smacked in the face with puke stench. DH takes him to start cleaning him up while I change/clean the bedding. DH: hey babe I don't know that this is puke. It may have come from the other end. Me: it probably came from both, and it doesn't really change the course which end it came from. After we finish and get DS back to bed. DH I want you to take an extra florastor after that. (Probiotic) me: you know that's not how it works right? DH just do it. Me: ok? (I have a tendency to get really bad gastrointestinal issues and end up in the hospital but not from just being around someone else's)
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing poor guy, that must have been so horrible for him. I hope he is feeling better this morning.  

I slept for almost 10 hours. I went to beat 8:30 and woke DH when DD2 woke at 2:30. I feel like I can conquer the world. Hopefully I can actually be productive today. 
  • Options
    @ki1244 @whitney812 I’m so sad about my new muffin top—I’m hoping it transforms into a cute bump. Last night DH asked if I had a bump, to which I replied, “Maybe? But it’s probably a food baby.” I did eat ALL the pasta and desert last night so I probably shouldn’t be questioning the existence of my muffin top. ;-)

@dntstpbelieving Oh your poor baby! I hope he’s feeling better, AND that you don’t catch any gastrointestinal issues. I did giggle at “deranged drunk dictator,” though!
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing I literally laughed out loud at your description of your son's nighttime wanderings, but girl allllll the sympathy in the world for the cleanup. Hope you steer clear of any issues, and he feels better!
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing oh no I'm so sorry, your poor LO. I hope he's feels better soon. I do understand your DHs worry though. My H is the same way with GI stuff hes been in the hospital too so I usually try to pump him full of probiotics, Florastor is our brand too. Though I know it usually doesn't happen by just being around it I do hope you stay clear of any of it 
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing oh man that sounds like a rough night for everyone. I hope your kiddo feels better soon. 
  • Options
    Do we have a new randoms thread somewhere? Also, do we have any twins on the board!? 
  • Options
    I know we have at least one set of twins but I can't remember who is having them.