June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/12

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/12

• Options
    Love my king bed. I like to starfish when DH is working nights. 
  • Options
    We are moving just before Christmas and will be getting a king bed. I *cannot* wait.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want a king size so bad. DH and I love going to hotels that have king sizes. 

Also, I relate so much with those of you who say DH likes to be touched much more than you. MH loves being rubbed anywhere, but when he rubs me on anywhere but my arm, I immediately want him to stop. I don’t know why, but I have sensory issues with touch. I love cuddles, just not repetitive movement.
  • Options
    @kjr9519 yes its that repetitive motion and like he doesn't get how hard or light he is rubbing... how we got pregnant talking about not liking being touched certain ways i will never know lol
  • Options
    I'm so mad right now. A few months back I had to get some work done on my van. We sent it to a body shop that my insurance uses. Now that I am on the road traveling, I realize that my bluetooth headphones for my van are gone. I never take them out of my van because they don't work without being in my car. I do not like when people steal from me. It makes me so mad.

When I got my van back I also felt like someone had been driving around with it. The job they were doing didn't require them to drive my car for any reason but all of my headrests in the backseat were up. I drive a 2018 Honda Odyssey and you have to lift the headrest to sit comfortably in those seats. 
  • Options
    @kjr9519 I am so with you on repetative movement. It's like it hurts my skin. I feel bad, but I have to tell MH to stop all the time. I tell him he has twitchy fingers - he can't just rest his hand on me, his fingers have to move. Drives me crazy.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 how frustrating!!

All of you with king beds are making me jealous! I don’t mind our queen size but with a baby it’s going to be tight for me. Our major issue is that I prefer a firmer bed and my SO prefers a gross soft bed, lol. My SO also has central sleep apnea so he has a breathing machine. Lately it’s been making a lot of noise and waking him up to adjust it is impossible. He is such a heavy sleeper. I’ve been going out to the couch to sleep. It makes him upset but I sleep really well *shrug*
  • Options
    We have a king size bed, but when DS gets in there too there just isn't enough room.  Fortunately he doesn't do that often, but last night he was up at 1:30 in the morning and then proceeded to sleep right up against me with his knees in my back all night.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 I would be furious! I'm so sorry. Are you going to call the body shop? I know it's been quite a bit of time, but letting management know might be a good thing. It could prevent it from happening to someone else. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ I'm going to call my insurance company and ask them to replace them. I will also call the body shop as well. 
  • Options
    @whitney812 these look absolutely amazing. 
  • Options
    @whitney812 hi! I’m up with insomnia lol. Your pies look amazing!!! I also don’t like green bean casserole. But that’s probably because I’m allergic to mushrooms. So I can’t have it, lol. 
  • Options
    @whitney812 Umm those look amazing!
  • Options
    @whitney812 Those pies really do look amazing! I’m also not a fan of green bean casserole. I love green beans, but it’s the fried onions on top that are really gross to me.
  • Options
    @whitney812 I will eat everyone's green bean casserole...YUM. But not if those pies are the alternative! Holy smokes those are gorgeous, but I bet taste even better!
  • Options
    vv826vv826 member
    edited November 2018
    @whitney812 seriously those look amazing!🤤🤤
    I'm with you @ki1244 I'll have all the leftover green bean casserole! I love mushrooms and green beans so it's perfect! 
  • Options
    I want pecan pie now @whitney812
  • Options
    I don't care for pie. I have just never been a pie eater. Also, sweets are not something I want to eat this pregnancy. 

I will eat green bean casserole but I love sweet potato casserole. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 You don't like pie??  We can't be friends 🤣. Haha pie is my fav thing and pretty much the only thing I want to eat today!  

I used to hate green bean casserole and I love it now. I hate mushrooms but like the cream of mushroom soup in it for some reason.
  • Options
    Green beans make me want to vomit. I got it from my grandpa. Also in Canada I dont think green bean casserole is really a thing. Nor is yams for Thanksgiving. At least not in my family on either side lol
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited November 2018
    I've never had green been casserole, I think @canuckbaby is right, it's not really big in Canada.
    Someone mentioned shepherd's pie in a thread and I've been craving that since...
    I love all kinds of pies, but my favorite are butter tarts, which are a Canadian thing...  They're not too difficult to make.

They are a bit like British mincemeat tarts but SO MUCH better.

• Options
    @marijaa333 butter tarts are the bomb! Youre making me want to run out and get frozen tart shells and a jar of mincemeat to make some mincemeat tarts. There is a place called fionn macools here (assuming cdn chain) and they serve sherpards pie in yorkshire pudding cups. 
  • Options
      @canuckbaby yep, there are at least two Fionn MacCools that I know of! Never had shepherd's pie in Yorkshire pudding cups but that sounds perfect!! If only they delivered to the US....  :'(
  • Options
    @marijaa333 yah it was awesome. Even had a splash of creamed corn which was a nice touch
  • Options
    What is mincemeat made out of?
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond A very good question! It used to actually contain meat, now it mostly does not, but beef fat is still a common ingredient. It also contains candied fruit and spices https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mincemeat

By comparison, butter tart filling has butter (!), sugar, vanilla and egg, and sometimes raisins. I think it's *far* superior...
  • Options
    @meatballs37  Luv the playroom. It is adorable!! We are in the same boat....our half finished basement is a saving grace because we have very limited closet/storage space. But I luv our cute little home non the less. We just make it work for us. And your organization skills are incredible.....it looks like a show play room.