June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/12

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/12

• Options
    I'm preparing for a road trip to CO today. We leave tomorrow and will be gone for 2 weeks. 
  • Options

@nmbrcrnchr1 For the longest time, I thought QFP was "quit f*cking posting" and I still read it like that every time!

I'm not sure that they use the term MFM here, but I'll be asking my OB if I need to see a high risk doctor this time around.  With DS, my water broke at 33w3d, and we had a ton of complications.  I delivered with a fever of 104 and he and I were both very sick with a blood infection that they think I contracted at the hospital.  It was terrifying.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited November 2018
    @TJtheGoat How are you doing with the air quality? Now that I'm back at work, I've got my mask on. Our building is really old and the HVAC pulls the air from outside. It's not helping the nausea.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys if you've talked about that before, I missed it. That is terrifying. What a nightmare. 

They're re-surfacing the tile/linoleum etc floors at my work, and the smell is KILLING ME. I Just want to tell my partner doc that I'm pregnant but I have been wanting to wait until 2nd trimester. People probably are starting to guess... I've been drinking ginger ale every day haha!
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys that freaks me out! I'm so sorry you went through that. Maybe I should ask this question in the 'Ask a STM' thread, but it makes me think about how I'm already concerned about delivery and how that all goes down. This is my first so I know that unless any other concerns are unearthed over time that most likely I will deliver really close to term. But I work in a secure facility on a base that's about 30 min away from the hospital. So will I know to stay home or be able to drive myself safely home or to the hospital? If I have to be taken away in an ambulance will they take me to my hospital or just the local hospital? Ah! It stresses me out and it's so far away still. :anguished:  
  • Options

@shadesofgreen816 I haven't mentioned it on this board before; it still makes me emotional (especially with the pregnancy hormones), and two years later, I still have a hard time looking at pictures of DS in the NICU.  Thankfully he's a happy, healthy, and big two year old now!

@chrssyms I've had four vaginal births, and all four experiences were different!  I don't think that you can really do anything other than listen to your body, express concerns if you have them, and have a plan B.  They pretty much told me that what happened with DS was a fluke, but I will be nervous about it until this baby is in my arms.

• Options

@erin1510 That's really nice of your principal!

I work in the hospital I'm delivering in so I'm thinking as I get closer to due date I'll bring my hospital bag with me :D.

• Options
    Right now I don't even know the people I'll be working with around the time of delivery, so I can't exactly make a plan now. Which, I guess I don't really need to do. I've got a bit. But I'll be working on a secure military base, so my husband can't drive to pick me up - plus, I'd have our car. So someone would have to drive me off base and my husband would have to meet us there and then drive me to the hospital. That's the most logical thing I can think of at the moment. My mom told me that most likely I will start experiencing contractions or just Braxton Hicks contractions, days prior to delivery. So I'll just have to make a call about staying home. It's easy for her to say, she was a resident when I was born and lived in an apartment across the street from the hospital, so she just waddled over there. 
  • Options
    Why does it take real Bump admin so long to pin things 😑
  • Options
    @chrssyms So this is much easier said than done, but I would try not to worry about that now. Everyone is different, but as a FTM you're more likely than not to have a long-ish labor. And, there are several days that you're in the hospital that you can hopefully deal with getting your car. Ideally you'll start having some painful contractions and have enough PTO that you can decide not to go in to work. Or you'll be having contractions irregularly enough that you can drive home! I would look into what it will look like if you have to leave your car at work - can someone beside you go get your car? Etc.
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 Agreed. I ended up being induced so all my “planning” went out the window. You just don’t know. I think it’s good to have loose plans though. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 LOL. I think half of us would be gone if we could get banned from complaining about admins.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 fair enough, I will stop worrying about it. Ha It'll just be what it is and I kind find out more as it actually gets closer.
  • Options
    With DS I didn't work far from the hospital but didn't really have a plan for if I went into labor at work.  Fortunately my water broke at home but I wasn't having contractions yet.  It was in the middle of the night so my husband just took me.
  • Options
    With both of mine I was about 30 mins from the hospital. The first time I waited at home for about an hour thinking I had time for my mom to pick me up and take me. Turns out that was a close call because I was in the hospital for less than 2 hours before delivering and fully dilated when I got there. Both times I'd had premature labor that was stopped in the previous months as well.

This time around I'll probably just go as soon as I think it might be time. No waiting for family to be with me. :D 
  • Options
    My delivery hospital is about a 10 minute drive from my work ... depending on lights. I work with ccommunity out reach people so i will have no problem getting a ride to the hospital. They are great here. Already planning a baby shower as i went public this weekend lol
  • Options
    Have any of you seen a chiropractor before?  Or seen one while pregnant?  I'm having lower back pain and wondering if it would help 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond Yes and yes! I saw one who specialized in prenatal and postpartum. She worked alongside a masseuse so my sessions consisteted or both body treatments. My insurance actually covered it so it might be work checking if yours does too! 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 Did it help you?
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond It did! Also helped with baby’s positioning. 
  • Options
    I see the chiro every two weeks pregnant or not. I find it super helpful! I also get massages once a month. We have an HRA that we use to pay for it since our insurance doesn't cover it (Tricare)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ruby696 the air is killing me! I’m home sick again from work today. The bad air is triggering the migraines and I can’t take the good meds so just ice packs and fluids and waiting it out. I have to go back tomorrow though, I don’t want to waste too much time. Is your mask helping at all?
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I normally swear by chiropractors, but it did not help me when I was pregnant. I specifically went to try to release a specific pain in my back, but DS was just laying on a nerve and stubbornly wouldn’t move for about a month. I doubt, however, that this early it has anything to do with baby laying on any nerves so a chiro may help!! I would find one who specializes in pregnancy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @Erin1510 forgot about the Office episode, am now dying laughing thinking about my work wives pulling something similar if I were to go into labour at work! Thankfully I don’t have a Dwight to destroy my kitchen while I’m in the hospital 😂

Cali ladies, hoping things improve for you guys! I can’t even imagine; stay safe  <3
  • Options
    I went for a cupping appt and a chiro appt so far. Have went to chiro for a few years. My knees are screwed up and swollen at best of times but find really bad recently. Will be making the trip a regular thing
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I have only been to the chiropractor when pregnant and found it super helpful. Mine also has a massage therapist on staff which is covered by insurance. If you get a choice go to a place that has it all. Free massages are where it's at.
  • Options
    I've actually never had a massage at all!  I will look for a chiro that has one though!
  • Options
    @TJtheGoat It did help for a while, but then my face got hot and that's just as gross in a different way.  I'm thinking of working from home tomorrow.
  • Options
    @ruby696 @TJtheGoat where exactly are you both? We're supposed to go to LA next Monday to visit family and I'm seriously thinking about postponing or canceling.
  • Options
    I’ve gone to the chiro before for both pregnancies. She fixed my pelvic bone pain both times. The one I see specializes in the Webster technique for pregnancy. I can not recommend enough!
  • Options
    Special thanks to @spacepiraterunner for the Expecting Better by Emily Oster recommendation! I finished it up last night. It was really sobering and enlightening at the same time. 
  • Options
    @harrierwife Love that book too. She has a new one coming out in April focused on early years parenting. It's called Cribsheet.
  • Options
    My son was up at least every hour sick last night. I got no sleep. I’m not even sure how my eyes are open right now, but I have the most ridiculous dark circles I have ever had in my life. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @marijaa333 We're in the Bay Area, so our air quality issues are from the Camp Fire in Butte County. I'm not sure how the air is in SoCal.
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 I'm sorry. Those nights are so rough!
  • Options
    I am SO TIRED you guys. I feel like I'm never going to have energy ever again. Also, it's getting colder (though not as bad as some temps I've seen) and really, can I just hibernate for the next three months?