June 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/12

• Loading the player...
  • @luckystar28 that’s so exciting and nerve-wracking! I got my blood draw last week too and we are waiting for NIPT. I also have my NT US on 11/27. The results for NIPT are like 7-10 days so I’m trying not to even think about it until next week
  • @chrssyms They told me it would take about 7 days. This was last Monday. So, when is 7 days? Weekends don’t count? Or do they!? 😂😬
  • @luckystar28 I’ll say weekends don’t count haha FX everything is good! We partially chose to do the NIPT just so that we could find out gender and know that one result would be good news no matter what. That way it’s not just worrying about everything being okay. 
  • I am only 9 weeks and won't get my MFM referral intil my 10 week OB appt.  I dread going to the MFM.  Does anyone else on here have to see one?
  • luckystar28luckystar28 member
    edited November 2018
    @sparklingdiamond Yup! I see a MFM primarily. Like, he’s my only provider haha. He delivered my son too :) What makes you dread it? 
  • @luckystar28 I didn't have a good experience with the last MFM I saw.  We seemed to find a new thing wrong at every appt and she was unsupportive.  I'm afraid to go because they look for things to be wrong so I'm afraid no matter what, they will find something 
  • @sparklingdiamond I get that. I’m sorry you had that experience. I hope this MFM is a better fit for you. I had a bad experience with my nurse midwife last time around dropping the ball. This MFM literally saved our lives. So I’m now in the “tell me everything” camp, if that makes sense. So MFM works for me. And it’s needed since I’m super high risk. But I can see the hesitance for sure. Everyone is different! 
  • @sparklingdiamond yup! I will start seeing my MFM around week 12. I will be monitored for pre term labor. So cerclage, makena injections start at 16 weeks, and most likely will be alternating with my MFM and OB every two weeks. 
  • I couldn’t find it in the acronym list... what’s a MFM?
  • chrssyms said:
    I couldn’t find it in the acronym list... what’s a MFM?
    Maternal fetal medicine. They specialize in high risk pregnancies. 
  • @sparklingdiamond I am also dreading these appointments for the same reason. They never have anything good to say. Hopefully we have uneventful pregnancies this time and our anatomy scans pass with flying colors. 

Our MFM is kinda not my favorite either. His bedside manner is off. Very clinical. But I don’t want to drive two hours to see the one we like every two weeks like last time. 
  • @meatballs37 @sparklingdiamond That’s a bummer, I’m sorry ladies. I think the provider makes a huge difference in pregnancies. 
  • I also see a MFM. My first apt is next Monday. My MFM literally saved my life last time. My regular OB told me to just push through long enough to get to full term (I had a migraine and vision loss in my left eye). Luckily I had a mfm apt and brought up my concerns to her and she started my induction on the spot. Apparently my OB had not consulted her after all. This time I have a few OB and a new mfm (switched hospitals) so we will see how it goes. I'm walking in with a slight grudge already with mfm due to them only having one available apt this month at 1230 on a Monday at an office an hour and 1/2 away from my house. I'm hoping they are easier to schedule with when you get in the rotation. 
  • No MFM but missing my old OBGYN. She would basically sit me down, ask me what I was hoping for and tell me the easiest way to get it. Or tell me my idea was silly, tell me what to do and how to get it done. I was able to circumvent stupid Aetna at every turn like when they denied my epidural claim because the doctor didn’t take my Insurance. I really miss her 
  • I saw an MFM with my second pregnancy d/t thyroid dysfunction caused by my first pregnancy.  He was just amazing. Only had one official visit because of the loss but he was so completely supportive through everything. On my follow up visit after the actual exam, we just sat and talked for like 30 mins. He said things I just needed to hear at that point and really made me feel better. We've moved and I'm so bummed I'll have a new MFM this pregnancy.
    @sparklingdiamond @meatballs37 I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with yours. I hope its much better this time around. I feel like a good MFM is everything. 
  • @meatballs37 Yeah my first MFM was the unsupportive one who basically made up her mind about my baby's chance from the first appt.  Those appts took like two hours every time and I was missing big chunks of work.  I got tired of the negativity and switched to a different MFM. He was very clinical. This is how it is these are your options.  Not warm and fuzzy at all.  I needed it at the time.  Just give me the facts and stop giving your opinion like the first one.  
  • @luckystar28 I don't think we do, but I can't wait to hear your results so I vote you create one!
  • @luckystar28 Ahhh so exciting! I'm going to keep refreshing until I see the thread! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @luckystar28 I’d to 2 so that if anyone gets unfavorable results, they have a place for support that isn’t full of “its a boy!” or “its a girl”
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited November 2018
    We have a NT/NIPT Discussion Thread, so maybe create a NT/NIPT Results Thread? That way anyone can post results and if they wish to share the sex, they can.

ETA: words
  • I haven’t seen a MFM but I do have to completely switch providers thanks to moving. I’m mixed about it. I liked all but one of the midwives at the last practice, but the one I didn’t like delivered DS and it turned out me not liking her was justified. She nearly cut me even though I didn’t tear and before that she just didn’t come to check on me. I hit the pushing phase and called the nurse to call her and it turned out she had just gone home after her shift at the office. Didn’t even bother to see me on her way. I almost had the baby without her.
    took her half an hour to get there and I was pushing the whole time while the nurse was yelling at me to stop like it was actually an option. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @dntstpbelieveing
    Oh wow. So glad your MFM caught your last pregnancy scare. I hope they reamed out your OB for ignoring your symptoms. It is such a balancing act trusting your physicians, but also being an advocate for yourself when you KNOW something isn't right.

@sparklingdiamond
    That is how our MFM is, this is what is happening. These are the options, and the odds associated with them. Zero encouragement. 

Unfortunately for in-network around here we only have one choice for a MFM. And he is the one I don't care for. AND he is only up twice a month, so scheduling is a nightmare. The rest of the MFM's in network are two hours away in Milwaukee. And these appointments are usually hours long. sigh. I know it is important for me to go, I am just really not looking forward to going. I am dreading my anatomy scan with him. 

• @chrssyms "Love it"s are often referred to as "lovetits" on here. ;) 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll then I’ll “lovetits”! Thanks!
  • @luckystar28 Eeee! Congratulations! 💙
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @luckystar28 I totally thought your sex thread was about sexy time 
  • @antera23 lol I’m glad I’m not the only one 
    Hubby and Me