May 2019 Moms
Options

Randomness Week of 11/11

12346»

Re: Randomness Week of 11/11

• Options
    @mcewen3 thanks! Ugh the summer on vacation would be much worse. This is inconvenient but I'm also just used to being able to go outside year round except for a few days a year when it rains. In the grand scheme of things 2-3 weeks in November is no big deal and we have no real plans since I feel so crappy and we all have colds now.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 Hope you all get better air quality again soon! That would be so miserable.

@eatinwatermelonseeds That’s so funny you said that because I was doing the same thing last night! I had about convinced myself that I was feeling faint movement, but I chalked it up to weird gas bubbles or something 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @megsb615 I'm just SO anxious for that part of pregnancy. I know I'm feeling baby on the inside, I'm sure of it. But I used to play with DS, I'd poke my belly and he'd kick me, I'd poke, he'd kick. Someone in a class i was in noticed and told me to stop picking on him 😂 but it was so fun. 
  • Options
    kvh22 said:
    @mcewen3 thanks! Ugh the summer on vacation would be much worse. This is inconvenient but I'm also just used to being able to go outside year round except for a few days a year when it rains. In the grand scheme of things 2-3 weeks in November is no big deal and we have no real plans since I feel so crappy and we all have colds now.
    We go outside year round, even up here in the great white north.  Its something you don't realize how much you do or need until you can't do it anymore.  Its HARD to entertain a toddler indoors all day, every day.  Even in the dead of winter I'll bundle my kids up and kick them outside.  Sometimes I go with them, but sometimes I need to get things done and them building snowmen keeps them occupied long enough for me to clean the bathroom (or whatever).  Kids need fresh air, as do we all.  It makes such a huge difference to their mood, sleep and ability to focus.  I notice it with my own kids all the time, but have also read a ton of recent studies and research about it.  Schools are always experimenting with changes to recess to improve kids attention and learning during class time. When you can't go outside, its hard on everyone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Oh, that’s too funny! YES! That’s absolutely my favorite part of pregnancy. DS was a pretty chilled out baby while I was pregnant, so it’ll be interesting to see if this one is more active than he was or not. It was rolling around a lot when my OB was trying to let us listen to the heartbeat, so I guess that has me thinking maybe I could feel him or her moving around already. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @megsb615 I definitely felt movement at my doppler appointment when my midwife was searching for the heartbeat and anytime my dog lays his head and legs on my belly, I can feel a little something. I don’t notice anything normally, but if there is pressure in that area, I can definitely feel a little flop. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Yeah, I haven’t noticed anything any other time either. I’m still not  sure I did last night. I’m only 13w1d, so it’s SUPER early. I think I’m just ready to have a little comfort of knowing things are ok in there. 
  • Options
    @megsb615 true that! I was 13 at my appointment and I think I only notice it when my dogs on me because I felt it there. I can’t wait until it’s a more frequent and obvious thing!
  • Options
    Yesterday I felt a big rush of bubbles I was almost positive was baby. The NP today said it’s possible but early at this point. I love feeling the baby move and can’t wait for it to be more frequent. It is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. 
  • Options
    @kvh22 You're allowed to complain. The air in Sacramento is straight up hazardous. Not just for sensitive groups, but everyone. I haven't been able to take DD outside for over a week. DH's asthma/breathing is horrible. Our daycare closed today, which was unnecessary because it's an in-home daycare, but whatever. We have friends who lost their entire homes, but it's ok to be upset by the hazardous health conditions that are affecting all of us.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    I'm doing a face mask while packing for our week away. The package said to rest with my eyes closed for 20 min but LOL I'd pass out for the rest of the night 😂 it's a peel off mask which I bought specifically to unclog my pores or whatever but I'm so scared to peel it off 😬

• Options
    Have a safe trip @DuchessOfCambridge!

@eatinwatermelonseeds I saw this & thought about you 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge where are you off to this time??  I'll be living vicariously through you.  We are tied to school holidays now for any trips and we're pretty much full with family obligations for those holidays this year.  So summer vacation with a newborn I guess?  I'm going to come up with something really good for next summer that I can do with all 3 kids for an extra long time.  DH can fly to join us on his days off.  Lol.
  • Options
    @mcewen3 we're visiting family for the holiday, just an extended trip. I'm actually really excited about it though, H's cousins are so nice and fun, and four of us had babies in 2017!

• Options
    I felt DD2 at 13 weeks, it's definitely possible (as confirmed by my OB who said he's believe me if I felt it after 13 weeks). I thought I felt the baby yesterday but I just can't even believe it's possible because I was just 12 weeks yesterday. I can't wait to really feel it!!!
  • Options
    @missy052819 omg where'd you find that picture of us? 😂😂😂
  • Options
    When peeling off my face mask I had to remind myself I'd been through labor and this was fine.

Ouch.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I have to hype myself up every single time I wax my upper lip.  Honestly, its the easiest thing and such a waste to pay someone to do, but I always pay for it if I'm having my eyebrows done too because its so freaking hard to rip that strip myself.  For a split second of not-that-bad pain.