May 2019 Moms
Options

Randomness Week of 11/11

Re: Randomness Week of 11/11

• Options
    DH left this morning for 8 days of out of town work. I miss him already and I'm so sad that DS is going to miss him. I'm going to try and keep busy this week with cleaning and christmas shopping/decorating. I only work 2 days this week so I'm happy I get to spend lots of time with DS ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge love guacamole, butbyes, guac and coffee sound AWFUL!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My car wouldn't start this morning. Battery was completely dead, out of the blue. DH had to come from work to boost it. Also, one of the tires must have a slow leak, because I pumped it up last week (assuming it was getting a touch flat because of temperature change) and it's back to pretty flat already. 

Fingers crossed I can get home tonight.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @duchessofcambridge how did the birthday party go? DD's 1st is in a few weeks. I sent the invitations out a week ago and am eagerly waiting for rsvps. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge - I'm tempted to swing by Chipotle just to get their chips and guacamole sometime. And a cheese quesadilla. It's the best.
    So we had to put my dog to sleep over the weekend. We knew it was coming. He's been ill for several months (seizures, unshakable bladder infection, bloody stool, changes in personality, restless/not sleeping, blind and deaf, easily startled when approached, grumpy). The past week he's been leaking dark blood out of his bottom. He was just too miserable to keep alive.
    And just 3 months ago I put my cat to sleep after she had a stroke :( I found her splayed on the floor with her legs laying unnaturally. Her eyes were fully dilated. I shined a flashlight in her eyes and her pupils didn't shrink like they would if they sensed the light. Her brain just shut down. I thought I'd let her die in her bed overnight but she didn't. We went to look for her in the morning and couldn't find her. She somehow managed to work her way behind our washer and dryer and was draped over one of the pipes. Took her in that morning because I couldn't stand to watch her die slowly.
    Ugh, that's the worst part about having pets. You have this fantasy that they'll pass quietly and peacefully but the reality is their deaths can be messy and hard. The house isn't the same without them. I'm particularly sad because we won't get new pets for a couple years at least. It's just too hard expecting twins and having a house that's already too small. I took my son to view the adoptable animals while my W put him down. There was this beautiful black and orange kitten. I picked her up and she fell asleep on my arms. I wanted to take her home so bad but I know I just can't handle it right now. But one day we'll have sweet pets in our home again! Can't imagine my life without animals. It's hard on us because we both grew up with pets and never really went without them.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm sorry. It's so hard to lose pets. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo losing a beloved pet is so hard. *Hugs*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo
    I'm sorry. I had to put my cat down a few months ago after a long sickness. The actual process was as peaceful as it could be (at home in my arms), but I still miss him terribly.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo so sorry about your pets :( losing them is so hard. Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo i'm so sorry! <3

• Options
    @sleepy33 if that's what his letters look like, he's more than ready for kindergarten! Here, there is no expectation that kids can write any letters before they start kindergarten. Granted, our kindy starts the year they turn 4, but lots of parents wait until senior kindergarten, so kids still aren't expected to write well, or at all.

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo so sorry for your loss!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm so so sorry, that's terrible news 😞
  • Options
    @sleepy33 wow! My son can barely write his name. He's doing excellent! 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds he's had a real breakthrough just within the last month or so. He had this weird, stubborn block for at least a year where he was like 'I cannot read' and would get very anxious if I tried to work with him on sounding stuff out, so I just totally backed off. Then a month or so ago, he got out his old Leap Pad and played a spelling game and all of a sudden he was like oh cool, I remember phonics. Now he just wants me to tell him how to spell stuff all day. Kids are so weird. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm so sorry. Sending all the hugs!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I am so sorry for your loss!! <3
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @kbeers13 tell her to join us!

• Options
    @k2k2tog I will! Then I wouldn't have to give her separate updates on my crazy emotions lol!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo ugh so sorry about your loss! You totally didn't need this to happen right now.  Good job staying positive though!

• Options
    mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited November 2018
    So I turned on Island Hunter thinking that they were just buying a house on an island. False, they are buying an ENTIRE FUCKING ISLAND! Who needs a damn island?

Edited to add a question: Side note, I can tell that my neck is completely out of alignment and is causing 90% of my headaches. As anyone seen a chiropractor during pregnancy? Is it even allowed? My headaches won’t go away unless I get adjusted, I know for a fact.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo in so so sorry to see about you pup and kitty. They are family and is so hard to say goodbye.

@mrskoz428 it is ok to go to a chiropractor while pregnant. I'm debating if I should keep my appointment this week or cancel. Haven't been feeling too bad alignment-wise.
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I would totally buy a whole island if I could. DH and I have actually considered it (you can buy an island with a cottage for fairly cheap in cottage country a couple hours north of us) but having to boat or snowmobile in all the time would be a huge pain and there would be a few weeks every year when it wouldn't be accessible at all. Also, island cottages tend to be a little more rustic than I want.

• Options
    @k2k2tog oh, no, see that makes sense. These people were spending 8-10 million on 15-50 acre private islands in the Carribean. I mean, warm weather sounds lovely, but I don’t need a private Caribbean island to do so!

@knarlytaurus thank you! My neck is causing killer headaches and I need to get in! I can feel the exact vertebrae that’s out of alignment even. C3. Ugh!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I've seen a chiropractor this pregnancy already and saw one during my previous pregnancies as well.  It's totally fine and has often been recommended to me for pain and discomfort during pregnancy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited November 2018
    We had snow flurries those morning! It's actually quite early for that here. But my girls were SO excited to see it actively snowing for the first time ever! ❄❄❄
  • Options
    @imrachellea it's already snowed twice here, which is unheard of for before Thanksgiving! Yesterday dropped a few inches on us, like I had to shovel the driveway and everything. I secretly hope it snows a ton this year, even though theoretically we're supposed to move in the next few months. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Need some advice! I work in dental public health and have an opportunity to present research at a dental conference mid April when I'm just shy of 35wks. I'd have to travel from Chicago to Memphis so about 7-8 hours by car. I still have to submit my abstract so there's a chance it won't even be accepted but I don't know when I'd have another chance to do this Am I crazy to be considering this? 
    I am considered high risk bc of a 20wk loss to Pprom but so far everything is normal with this pregnancy. No i haven't spoken to my dr about it yet. 
  • Options
    @sleepy33 That’s awesome they were all so exciting! It makes telling the news so much more fun that way! 
  • Options
    @melbee81 is this your first pregnancy? If yes, I would say no just because you have no idea how you're going to feel that late in your pregnancy. I felt amazing my whole pregnancy with DD but then in the last 2 months, really swelled up and had ankles about the size of tree trunks. Sitting in the car for a long time was really brutal. The longest drive I made was 4 hours and I vividly remember how uncomfortable I was. I totally see though why you want to go. I'm like that too where I sign myself up for things regardless of what's going on. It's just hard to predict how you will feel come April. Things get weird in the third trimester.

But if you've been pregnant before and know you'll be good to go, then go for it as long as your doctor says okay.