Trying to Get Pregnant

~~November Randoms~~

Re: ~~November Randoms~~

• @lillywonderland @kiki047 I had the same thought  :D  

We used to get those catalogs and I would just flip through the pages pointing out my favorite items. Never bought a single thing from it, but I enjoyed looking at it. Plus all that stuff was pretty expensive wasn't it?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 there's a listicle that periodically circulates on social media saying, "These are the toys you should NEVER buy for someone else's kid," and American Girl dolls are on there simply because of how damn expensive they are.

I had Samantha and one time I saw yet another article that said kids who had Samantha were snobby rich kids. Umm... no. I was poor and somewhat of a hillbilly. I just love the Victorian Era.
  • @riff323 I just want to say hello from a fellow poor, somewhat hillbilly. however, I had Kirsten (who was a poor midwestern hillbilly LOL)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin hahaha! I liked Kirsten too! My best friend had her!
  • 7 year old me is incredibly jealous of everyone who had an American girl doll. I so desperately wanted one growing up.
  • Oh I remember those catalogs! I would drool over them for weeks. I was never able to get a doll, but my parents bought me the paper dolls and a couple other things. My favorite was Kit! I read every one of her books multiple times in the library. Oh and I loved the Itty Bitty Babies too. 
  • I loved my bitty baby! She’s looking worse for wear but is still at my parents’ house 😂
    i was spoiled (only child life, lol) and had a few of the American girl dolls. However, I got really into cutting hair which was just a tragedy. I will say that Kirsten looks really nice with a bob...
  • Ahh! American Girl dolls! I always wanted one and we didn't have money. My aunt ended up buying me Samantha and it was my favorite thing. My cousin had the horse and everything which I thought was excessive lol. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @lillywonderland I had Molly, too. I wanted Samantha but my neighbor had her and I was peer pressured into getting a different one.
  • @marebear15 Kit was my favorite too! I was mostly jealous of her sailor pajamas haha I thought those were so cool
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @lillywonderland:  I'm still over the moon for American Girl (I had Molly too!!).  I love Kit nowdays!  Actually visited the store in Chicago recently just to ooooh and ahhh over all the dolls!
  • Friends, I am older... who is Kit?! There were five original dolls and those are the only ones I know! Actually I take that back, I do remember when they introduced Abby (Addy?) Walker.
  • @riff323:  Kit is "newer" (introduced in maybe the 2000's?).  She's from the Great Depression, and is a budding journalist.  Her little clothes and accessories are so cute, and I love all the little resourceful things her character does.  There are several other dolls now....and some are just so adorable!  You should def go to the website to browse!
  • @riff323 - She's a Great Depression girl, who loves writing and comes up with ingenious ways to help her family. I loved the era where everyone is just scraping by, and I loved that she loved writing. She was the 7th doll to be released.
  • @lcking82 I just googled it, Kit was introduced in 2000!

How many are there total now? It said Kit was the 9th one.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I had Felicity (American Revolution) and Kirsten (Pioneer). Aren't they both retired now?  That makes me sad. And old. 
  • I *may* still have Molly and all the accessories I got for her in my Mom’s garage. And I *may* have all her books in my bookshelf. And I *may* have read them all in the last 6 months. Bahahahhahahah.

When I got into it, there was only the 5 originals (Felicity, Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, Molly). Then they added everyone’s best friend (Emily obvs was the best because she’s from London), there was a Josephine (? Maybe I think she was Native American?), Julie and Kit added and now I don’t recognize any of the girls.
  • Ah, Kit sounds cool! I turned 15 in 2000... so no wonder I don't know who she is!
  • @lillywonderland - Kaya was Native American and Josefina was Hispanic. (I was really into this stuff lol) I think Josefina's books were my 2nd or 3rd favorite to read.
    Did anyone ever get the craft book or recipe book? I loved those!
  • @marebear15 Ahh. I was pretty close! I got Molly’s craft and cooking book. I’m not sure I still have them though. 
  • @kiki047 I love Cabbage Patch Kids!
  • @tamalahoops OH YEAH!! I remember looking through that deciding what I thought looked like except I would pick green eyes instead of hazel eyes since I thought green eyes were awesome.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @tamalahoops I had forgotten about those! I had one that looked literally nothing like me even though it was supposed to be my twin. I gave it freckles even though I don't have freckles? 
  • @tamalahoops I remember when those came out, but I already had Molly at the time, and TBH I looked like Molly so there was no need for another one.

I have to confess that while in Chicago as a legitimate drinking age adult I peeked into the American Girl store/cafe (it was closed, otherwise you bet your bottom I would have gone in there). 
  • @tamalahoops Yes I remember those! Those were the most fun to decide what you'd look like!

@elle-0409 - I loved that Kristen book! My sisters and I would reenact it, and we also started the tradition of the youngest child opening gifts first from that book (I think).

@inthewoods23 - I also thought the green eyes were prettier than boring hazel.

• @lillywonderland OMG I used to love getting those magazines as a kid! Molly had the cutest stuff. I remember a classroom setup I wanted desperately but my mom would never let me get the dolls or stuff, so I just read the books and daydreamed when I got the catalog!
  • @kiki047 same. I had cabbage patch and 2 rainbow bright dolls. But I didn’t even know what American Girl was until like 10 or so years ago. I guess they just weren’t a thing around here. Or I was just oblivious. I mean I don’t think I’m that old. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @marebear15:  I had a recipe book, and some drama kit that had several plays?

Also, as an aside, for future reference:  their modern "advice" books are top notch.  The book "The Care and Keeping of You" is perfect for introducing young girls to puberty, sex, etc.  Really well-done.  
  • @lcking82 neices pedi actually recommended that book for her. Now that I'm seeing your recommendation too, I'll have to look into that. Shes had lots of questions with my recent events (and obviously if a baby comes along she will have more) and is about that age....
  • I had a Molly doll and my sister had Samantha.  I still have all the stuff at my parent's house.  I went through it a few years ago with the intent of selling it but I got wayyyyy to sentimental and decided to keep it.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @marebear15 haha yes! Willy was not very good at math, but we was really good at swimming! :D
  • @marebear15 I just saw that last night!  I was like WTF is this???

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @marebear15 That book was....interesting....

I have to vent about an unprofessional event that occurred this morning. I'm still mad..... A company that we do business with called me (payables hat on now) on Tue to ask about some past due payments. I explained that we cannot pay them until we get reimbursed but that we cannot request reimbursement until we have recieved the bills. I let her know I would follow up with the department that handles that aspect and get things moving along. So everything seemed fine by the end of the call. Today, I'm busting a.. to get caught up. Suddenly, 2 people are at my office window to talk to me. The woman who called 2 days ago and her boss. They showed up at 930 am to ask when they can expect payment. For real?! If you want to have a face to face, call me. Set up a meeting. I'd be happy to explain and talk about how we can keep the payments flowing. But don't show up and put me on the spot first thing in the morning. The only consolation is that the woman seemed clearly uncomfortable when I explained I had been out the past few days due to medical emergency and had to find their paperwork in my stack of "to do". Maybe it was unprofessional to mention, but the flip side was I burst into tears of stress. 

TL;DR a company showed up unannounced at 930 am to "demand" payment on past due accounts dispite having called 2 days before and getting an explanation.
  • @marebear15 I saw that last night! Hysterical!

@prpl11butterfly that’s bs. I would have been super annoyed, and so early in the day too.
  • @prpl11butterfly Oh, man. That’s a rough start to the day. I’m sorry they were so unprofessional and that you had to deal with that right now.