March 2019 Moms

Question? Need help? ***POST HERE***

Re: Question? Need help? ***POST HERE***

• @jenahhusky My Doctor also said DayQuil is fine, but not NyQuil, since it has alcohol in it. The way I feel about medication while pregnant, if you’re stressing yourself and body more by feeling sick, take the meds that the dr. says are safe. From what I understand, stress can be just as bad for our babies. 

• JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited August 2018
    Hey everyone! I am so sick, im not sure if I have the flu or just a really bad cold. I have chills, fever on and off, pain, and congestion on top of nausea and all the fun pregnancy symptoms. I had my 1st OB appointment today and was told Dayquil was okay, but doctor google has me worried... Anyone have any thoughts on this?  
    I think there are two kinds of DayQuil. One with aspirin I think and the other is less effective but safe. If OB approved I would avoid Dr Google. Just talk to the pharmacist and they will help you get the correct kind and confirm what your doctor said. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jenahhusky I acctually just remembered they gave me a sheet of okay meds at my appointment! Hope this helps! 
  • So here’s my question, with DS we always had an appointment immediately after an US. Today we have a dating US but no appointment after (I’m thinking because the midwife I see is on vacation this week and next). Does this mean I won’t learn any information about LO? Like I’ll just see the baby and that’s it? I’m thinking the tech can’t give me any information on baby’s size, dating, etc. Thanks ladies! 
  • @ashley14598 you'd probably need to call your practice to ask. It most likely depends on their policy. With my last pregnancy, we had a NP do the ultrasound and tell us the results all in the same appointment and another time the ultrasound tech that did our sex determination US told us the results as she was doing it (this was a service similar to the US boutiques that my OB's office did after hours).
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • The drinking fountains at work showed up with a "elevated chlorine levels in water. Deemed safe by Safety Dept" sticker on them. I've got a call in to my doctor's office but a quick consult with Dr. Google is giving mixed reviews.

Anyone know anything about this?
  • Eeek! I don't know anything about it, but that sounds terrifying. When I hear "deemed safe by the Safety Department" I assume for the general population, not necessarily children, elderly, pregnant, etc. But you know what they say about assuming..... I'm no help. Do you have bottled water? Water coolers? I wouldn't drink until I heard back from the Dr.
  • @kapowfal that's what I think too, especially when dealing with a government safety department. These are all hard piped water fountains so I'd either have to bring in my own bottled water or get a water bottle with a filter. And who knows how long it's been going on before Safety tested for it...
  • @meggyme Yikes! Hopefully it hasn't been going on for long!
  • Just got off the phone with the nurses (a pretty quick 2hr turn around). They said that they don't have any specific guidance based on EPA recommendations for chlorine but that if it makes me feel uncomfortable to bring my own water from a source I do trust. So I think I'll be cleaning out a gallon milk jug and bringing my own water from home for awhile.
  • @bluebell08 and i both had this question in our due date check in thread but i figured i'd drop it here too to get more opinions. are any of y'all eating deli meat? the listeria thing seems so far fetched to me! granted my mother was pregnant 31 years ago but when i mentioned this to her she was shocked and said she ate it throughout all three of her pregnancies..... basically i'm dying for cold cuts. is this really something we have to avoid completely? i'll be asking my doctor at my next appointment, but i'd love to hear you ladies weigh in! 
    @indigoheightsblog I had an Italian combo the other day, just requested it "hot" and had them cook the meat before making the sandwich.  Most delis offer hot sandwiches, so if you really want it, I say go for it!  It was the first real protein I've been able to stomach in a while, so it was worth it for me! :smile:
  • @ashley14598 I had a US last week and the the tech gave me the heartbeat and EDD (which was later changed by my OB when I actually had my appointment). On the other hand, I had a tech last pregnancy that would literally tell me nothing. I think it just depends on who you get. 
  • So here’s my question, with DS we always had an appointment immediately after an US. Today we have a dating US but no appointment after (I’m thinking because the midwife I see is on vacation this week and next). Does this mean I won’t learn any information about LO? Like I’ll just see the baby and that’s it? I’m thinking the tech can’t give me any information on baby’s size, dating, etc. Thanks ladies! 
    It was this way with my last pregnancy. That was because of when it was scheduled. It was the very last appointment so my husband wouldn't have to leave work super early. So no appointment, just the dating scan. 
  • Sorry if you’ve talked about this somewhere else, I couldn’t find a discussion...

How do you all feel about going to the dentist when pregnant? I’m supposed to get a crown put over temporary filling, something I’ve been putting off for about two years. It’s not bothering me, but I made the appointment before I knew I was pregnant, just because I know I should get it done. The doctor said it was fine as long as my dentist knows, but I’m considering just waiting. I’ll be about 8 weeks on the day of the appointment. 
  • @jesiannv, I'd go ahead with it. My DH had his temporary filling fall out when he delayed getting the crown, I'd hate to have to get another one while pregnant. I also see my dentist the month before I'm due because I really don't have time in the newborn stage to be going to them for anything short of an emergency. The only things they skip when I'm expecting is xrays and fluoride treatment, so I think you'll be fine to get your crown, but like your Dr said, tell your dentist.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • zionsmama85zionsmama85 member
    edited August 2018
    @jesiannv i had a dental cleaning scheduled for last month  before i had gotten pregnant. i went ahead and went and just made sure to tell them so they avoided xrays (i was about 5 weeks). The dentist advised i needed some fillings but he said he would just wait for a while, since they aren't bad. i had some bad work done a few years ago by a different dentist and he is slowly replacing them with better quality ones. I would just make sure to notify in case they need to make any adjustments but it should be fine. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited August 2018
    @jesiannv I also just had some work done right before getting the positive test result. I panicked and called the dentist & did tons of research. There aren’t many definitive studies on the safety of local anesthetic, just guesses that it’s safe for baby. And definitive studies that general anesthesia is NOT safe for baby. Anything detailed I could find said to wait till second or third trimester if work is needed, just to be safe. See if you can delay your appointment a month or two... Good luck! 
  • *lurking from April board*

Hi ladies!  I just wanted to ask how early any of you had symptoms?  I'm only 4 weeks, been bloated and burping nonstop since Tuesday, and feeling very drained today.  DH was nice enough to tell me I looked like hell, hah.  I didn't get morning sickness with my first pregnancy until farther along, so I'm not sure if this is psychosomatic or what.  I searched and didn't see this specific question, but I apologise if it's already been asked!  Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt my first “sign” that I might need to test was at 4 w 2 d and I was VERY emotional. I was crying almost nonstop about irrational things. That was my first symptom that told me maybe something was up. In my first pregnancy the first “sign/symptoms” was nauseous/moody if I didn’t eat “on time”. The nausea didn’t come until more around week 6 for me that I remember this pregnancy but everyone and every pregnancy are different. 
  • Thanks @ashley14598, that makes me feel a little less crazy!  I had absolutely no energy to work out tonight, but I feel like it's way too early to be using pregnancy symptoms as an excuse to go home and eat pizza... so I made myself workout anyway and now I'm eating pizza :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I felt the first hints of teeth brushing-induced gagging around four weeks when I tested. Started feeling sick and tired around 5 weeks. Last pregnancy, everything kicked in at six weeks. I'm told (by one of my midwives) it's common for symptoms to really kick in at six weeks. 
  • @kangstadt- I felt gassy and nauseous super early (like 4 wks). Many fave foods gave me gas (cheese :cry:) and if I didn’t eat every 2-3 hours, was nauseous and hangry. My energy was totally low as well. It’s unfortunately been getting worse now that I’m 6 weeks along, so here’s hoping if you feel sick early it’s not a huge escalation for you! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Thanks @lovesclimbing and @catlady2015.  It's been awhile since my first pregnancy, so I don't remember how early anything started (other than my boobs being sore, that was my first hint).  I'm hoping it doesn't get worse too, but I'm just happy to add another little one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So i will be 8 weeks on sunday....my symptoms are all over the place. its been 9-10 years since my last and i do not remember much LOL. is that normal? , 6 weeks i had cramping and sore nipples, last week i just had nausea and REALLY sore nipples, then this week the nauseous and smell aversion has been ATROCIOUS, still with sore nipples, but for the last two days the morning sickness has kind of abated, i am still not wanted too many things to eat, still kinda off, but it seems the only thing going strong is my nipples (yay me LOL) and being SO tired....i cannot wait until my appointment on Tuesday. it seems like a long time coming! 
  • @jesiannv I've been avoiding the dentist because like @lovesclimbing I've been super gaggy with my own toothbrush, so I don't really see how another person sticking their fingers in my mouth could possibly go over well  :s
  • @zionsmama85 This pregnancy has been really different for me. DD is 4.5 but I had a pretty rough pregnancy with her. I’ve had symptoms come and go with this one. I really thought this week I was starting to feel normal again, I’m almost 10 weeks, but last night nausea came back with vengeance! Totally normal!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • charlotte_86charlotte_86 member
    edited August 2018
    Hi @kangstadt, I had a lot of bloating and gas at 4 weeks at well as the odd wave of nausea. By week 6 the nausea has really stepped up. Bloating and mild cramping were my first signs that I was pregnant. 
  • Thanks @charlotte_86, I'm glad it's not in my head but I'm definitely not looking forward to it potentially getting worse!  Have you found any tips to help?  I was nauseated the whole first tri with my first kiddo, but never actually threw up.  I'm hoping this bloating isn't a sign that I'll be puking in a few weeks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt talk to your doctor but there are medicines that can help. Eating small bland meals with protein throughout the day and getting plenty of water helps too!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Thanks @3rdtime_charmed!  I haven't met with my OB yet, but I'll bring it up if it's still an issue at my first appointment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt, yes I think I'm gradually finding some things that help. I thought I was just going to have nausea but I started to get morning sickness first thing in the morning this week and then nausea throughout the day. I've found eating small, bland meals throughout the day helps. I'm really craving bread, which I rarely eat but right now it's helping. I carry crackers with me, so if I'm feeling nauseous I have a few. I found eating a few before bed has stopped me waking up in the night feeling nauseous. Ginger tea is also helping ☺ hopefully you won't get worse. 
  • For my Rh- buds, did you get Rhogam after first trimester spotting? I’m 10 1/2 weeks and had minimal spotting after sex over the weekend. Obviously calling my OB in the morning but my research shows a mixed review on getting it for early spotting (esp if just due to sex). 

Just wondering what your experiences were! 
  • I get it around 28 weeks. Though this time I’m double checking my husbands blood type before doing it....
  • @tfraz2016 With my first pregnancy *TW* I had a m/c and they gave me the shot before m/c happened because I was bleeding and we knew there was no heartbeat *TW* ... A little spotting after sex, I’m not sure... I would call your OBGYN and talk to the nurse and ask. 
  • I prescribed Zofran today. Anyone have any experience with this drug for nausea? Thanks! 
  • @ashley14598 I can't speak to it personally in regards to morning sickness, but I've taken zofran for other nausea and it was a little wonder drug. I had a coworker who took it for really severe morning sickness, and it seemed to help her a lot. Hopefully it helps you feel better!
  • @lucysmom2016 thanks for the info! I was on something else but still down a lot for nausea (bad cramping hard to keep food down, etc)
  • @tennisbabymama My OB’s office said per their recommendation that if it’s just “pink” and after sex only no worry about it. Increased or prolonged bleeding, then yes. Per my research, it seems like some OB’s play it even safer and give it for any bleeding, regardless of cause. I occasionally got spotting prior to pregnancy, so not a totally new symptom for me. DH is O+ and I’m a lovely B- so it’s always on my mind. 
  • @ashley14598 I currently have Zofran and it’s my best friend. My OB called it in as a “just in case” and every since my first appointment, I’ve used it 2-3 times a week. I can’t tell you how thankful I am that it’s kept me from losing my lunch. 
  • @tfraz2016 I got rhogam recently in the first trimester, but I was also had light period level bleeding.  Everything was fine, but they gave me a half dose just to be safe.