October 2018 Moms
Options

Statistics 101 - Post Bump Facebooking

Re: Statistics 101 - Post Bump Facebooking

• Options
    Re: the infamous catfish: there was a girl on J14 who was one of the more “popular” members who developed a whole story about how she was in a same sex marriage and she and her wife had three or four other kids already and she would post pictures of herself and the kids and everything. Some time after all the babies were born on our board, a bunch of other girls did some digging because of some questionable things she said and found out that she had stolen her pictures/identity from some girl in Sweden I believe. They managed to hunt down the actual catfish girl and I think she was some teenager. You can still find the thread over on J14 where they revealed it I think, although most of the users were banned. The whole thing made me so much more cautious about what I post publicly. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shortstack930 - that is just insane.  Like seriously creepy insane.  
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    That is just so creepy and weird to me. I would never think in a million years that someone would want to catfish a pregnant lady or someone with kids. 
    I kind of understand the whole online dating catfish because you might want to feel wanted or attractive and develop a sexual relationship with someone online. And there is a lot of lonely people out there. 
    But what is the point of doing it to someone with a family? Like that teenager would have to do some serious research to know how to talk about pregnancy, labor, children etc. Just doesn't make sense WHY they would do that. It boggles my mind. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I have friends who i met on a HP forum when I was like 14. I still keep in touch with them via FB.
  • Options
    I’m down for whatever :) 
  • Options
    Later to the poll, but I'm not a fb person. I have it but I'm not very active - as in I log on maybe once or twice a week. I refuse to put it on my phone because your battery dies so fast and I've only ever had software issues when fb was loaded. While TB can be annoying on mobile, it doesn't eat my battery and I've gotten used to it. I don't have an issue with the format. 
    So if we do move to fb... I'll ask to join, but I'll likely be even less involved. Which I know is on the lower end already. So if there's a required participation monthly - at some point I know I'll fail it. I really do like you ladies and I'd love to keep in touch. I don't want to be kicked out because I'm not a fb person.  :(
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 I'm sure we can post birth stories and announcements on either forum, I think for the people who wouldn't be coming over to fb theyd enjoy seeing that we had our little ones and are doing well before we make the switch.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind posting mine to both forums. And I'd still check here after we move to FB, just maybe not as much.
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 yeah agreed. Idk about the birth story, but 0% chance I’m posting baby pictures on a public forum. Honestly the more we talk about this the more I want to move to fb ASAP.
    Me too @DunkinDecaf. Plus this app is the worst. Not getting notifications is really obnoxious. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I am with you @DunkinDecaf
  • Options
    I'd be totally fine posting an announcement both places - just w/o pic here I guess.
  • Options
    So I don’t really want to be the one who pulls the trigger and starts the fb group bc then I’d have to be an admin but... can someone do that please?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm happy to be an admin, @DunkinDecaf - HOWEVER...the poll results indicate that the majority would prefer to wait until after October to make the switch.

Are we a democracy or nah?
  • Options
    DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited July 2018
    @sliztee between “whenever” and “before due date” that option actually is a majority, though it’s close. I’m happy to wait until sept 23 if people feel strongly but I’d like to move before the babies are born, and I think enough people feel the same way that it does make sense to make the group before October.

ETA I can’t do math. Whatever. It winds up being like 42 to 43 or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If @sliztee doesn't want to be the only admin I'd be happy to jump in and help 
  • Options
    I voted for after, but couldn’t we make one sooner and then those that want to join can join and those who want to wait can wait? We’d just have to delay changing it from a private to a secret group for a little bit. As long as enough people would still check in here for a while I don’t see how it would change much.
  • Options
    I voted for after, but couldn’t we make one sooner and then those that want to join can join and those who want to wait can wait? We’d just have to delay changing it from a private to a secret group for a little bit. As long as enough people would still check in here for a while I don’t see how it would change much.
    ^my thoughts exactly 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What @chopchop25 said.  
  • Options
    I share the same concerns as @chopchop25 and @chyvie, but mostly I'm nervous that we'll split in two because of redundancy and ease of use (for the FB platform, anyway).
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf I agree about making a FB group and having people who are comfortable joining whenever it is made (now, in a few weeks?) do so and others going when they want to? I am SO over TB app and it’s non-notification situation!!
  • Options
    @sliztee that’s totally valid. It will almost certainly split the group, but tbh it’s really just a question of now or later and I would rather go before babies start popping up because squish pictures and the internet is creepy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally get that, @DunkinDecaf. If @mamabearcj and @sammierose464 want to assist with the admin roles and we can all come to a conclusion about how to vet individuals, I'm on board to do both platforms.
  • Options
    I'm good with all of that. I'm really torn about starting now vs Oct. I'd like to go now, but I don't want to abandon anyone who's not ready to go yet.

Can we pick a name? Lol