July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/9

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/9

• nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Boo that sucks. But man now I want Pho, but I already agreed to burger and tots for dinner. Maybe lunch tomorrow....
  • Loading the player...
  • So we are getting ready to list our house to sale so I've been gradually going through things, downsizing and donating etc. Came across a box of my sons baby memories and totally found his umbilical cord in there. Not sure why 6 years ago I wasn't grossed out and thought I needed to keep it in a ziplock bag for his baby book but I was genuinely grossed out when I found it and threw it away lol. Even my 6 year old was grossed out when I showed him. DD's went in the trash as soon as it fell off because I just couldn't lol
  • @zombiehoohaa Omgoodness. What a fanfare! There was nothing fancy at the one I went to. Just walked in and right back out. Good thing too otherwise I probably wouldn’t have gone in. 
    @zande2016 I was wondering if we are supposed to eat before going in for induction. I forgot to ask. I hope they call you back soon!! Waiting on top of waiting. How frustrating 

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo when my induction was scheduled for July 2 it was at 7 am and I was told not to eat past midnight the night before. 
  • @kbernal2021 that makes sense! I’m going Friday night to start Cervadil. I should probably call and ask tomorrow if there are any food constraints prior 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo my official instructions from the hospital was to eat a “light” meal at 4:30 pm (and they said they’d call between 5 and 6 pm). My midwife on the other hand told me to eat a big meal as close To checking in as possible,
    and to bring myself a cooler with food I can eat when the nurses aren’t looking. Then when my midwife called at 4:45 to tell me they’re busy and wouldn’t be calling me til later, she encouraged me to eat and drink all I want while waiting. Basically hospital protocol is different than my midwife’s protocol but I personally feel the recommendation to not eat and drink during labor Is outdated. 
  • With DD induction I was allowed to eat up until we started the pitocin 
  • Stillllll waitingggggggg 
  • @rachelsogo my induction instructions say to eat a light breakfast before going in at 7 and not to eat anything you don’t wanna see later. Lol
  • Finally got a call from the hospital, saying they have no beds and will either call me “in the middle of the night” to come in, or will call me between 7-8 tomorrow morning to “tell me what’s going on”. Frustrating because all along I planned to work until the last second to optomize the measly 12 weeks I get to spend with my baby, and this is taking away from that. Also frustrated because people won’t stop texting me asking me what’s going on, if I’m in labor, etc and I’m losing my patience. And as much as I did not want to be induced, it’s also been drilled in my head by the doctor all along that it’s not safe for my baby to go past 40 weeks, yet the hospital “doesn’t do” inductions on Friday’s which is when I’ll be 40 weeks, so if it doesn’t happen tomorrow I just have no choice not to put my baby in danger and wait til Monday when I’m 40+3. Just popped two Benadryl and going to try to sleep now. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 ugh I’m so sorry! I hope they have availability late tonight or tomorrow. 
  • @zande2016 how ridiculously annoying! I hope they call you tonight!
  • @zande2016 ugh SO annoying! I’m so sorry you have to stress about this. Hopefully they will call during the night and everything will work out how it’s supposed to 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @zande2016 so frustrating! I am not so sure I would leave the phone on for the middle of the night call.  Maybe labor will start naturally if you have a few more days to wait!
  • @zande2016 I’m so sorry! My OB today told me that L&D has been crazy busy lately and I’m worried that they won’t have room for me too. FX that something opens up in the middle of the night even though that is a big pain too. Sorry for all the games. 
  • @zande2016 ugh so frustrating 
  • Still no call! Really starting to wonder if they’re gonna get me in at all today. And I thought August was the busy month. Dam. 
  • Oh no @zande2016! I came to randoms just to see if they had got you in! I know this is such a mind eff and they kind of made you feel like it was absolutely necessary so that makes it worse! 
  • @smashjam yeah I mean I understand they only have so many rooms and I have to assume they took women in labor over me (which makes sense), but it’s not like this is an elective induction...it’s medically necessary....so I’m just anxious waiting. My H gets ONE WEEK off and we’re wasting it sitting around. And the baby’s not been moving much so I’m anxious to get on the monitor and make sure things are okay. If I dont hear by 8:30 I’ll call my midwifes office since that’s when they open and try to get some answers. Just thinking about the timeline, it seems like I might end up giving birth in the middle of the night, which kinda sucks. 
  • @zande2016 I totally understand! It is a weird balance for them I'm sure, knowing they don't want you past x date but can't turn away those in active labor. 
  • I just wonder what they’d have done if I actually had gone into labor...would I have given birth in triage? Haha. Ugh. The texts are still coming in and I’m about to throw my phone against a wall. 
  • @zande2016 Hope it happens for you soon! I was scheduled for an induction the same day LO decided he needed to come bursting onto the scene. FX that maybe your baby just decides to come anyway and being in active labor will get you a bed! Hang in there!

• Congratulations @MichelleAG05 and @stlmegs !!

I hope you hear something soon @zande2016, this must be so frustrating!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @stlmegs congratulations!!! 
  • I’m so sorry @zande2016 I was hoping you got in during the night! FX for better news today. All those women can’t be in labor forever, right??
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Ugh I'm so sorry that things are so crazy at your hospital. Hopefully you get a bed today. 

Congrats @MichelleAG05 and @stlmegs! They are adorable!!
  • Just spoke to my midwives office since the hospital never called me. Receptionist said midwife is over there now trying to figure out what’s going on but basically they’re “crazy busy” and if I can’t get in today I have to go back to the midwifes office for a non stress test tomorrow. so basically it’s looking more likely that I won’t get in today, and I am freaked out because the MFM was very clear he wants the baby out by today, and if it doesn’t happen today I have to wait til Monday when I’m 40+3, and I have GD and I’m on metformin and insulin and I’m worried about the baby. Plus I am wasting my maternity leave and my husband is wasting his one week off and my mom has been here since 5 last night waiting for us to go to the hospital so we’re all just sitting around waiting. I am very upset. 
  • @zande2016 is it possible to go to another hospital? I am so sorry this is happening and I hope they figure out a plan for today.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Ugh how frustrating. Is the hospital aware of the urgency from the MFM?
  • @flockofmoosen3 not really. My midwives only deliver at this hospital. @nimmle I may call the MFM at some point. His office is inside the hospital. no clue if he has any “pull”. I just feel like if they really can’t get me in today, they need to break protocol and get me in tomorrow or over the weekend. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    @zande2016 I would totally give the MFM a call sooner rather than later. If it really is as urgent as he says then he should be able to contact the hospital, or at least give you some peace of mind. The stress that you're under is really not good for anyone so maybe there is something he can do.
  • @zande2016 ugh how frustrating!  I went through a similar situation with my third baby and trying to get in for my induction for pre-e (but it wasn't super emergent).  I had to wait an extra day because they were so busy and it was so stressful so I can totally understand your frustration.  I would try calling the MFM and see what he thinks.  At least just to ask about being induced on a Friday/weekend due to your situation.  I hope they can get you in today!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    My interest in getting work done today. I pulled all the support I need to get this one task done and now I'm like "ehhhhhhhhh, I'll document tomorrow". Motivation is exactly zero.

Edit: @zande2016 Also just ordered Pho delivery for lunch because I couldn't stop thinking about it after you had it for dinner yesterday. I may be unreasonably excited for it.
  • Ugh @zande2016 how incredibly annoying! I would also be super upset, and worried about the babe. I hope the MFM can give you some answers. 

DH's inability to sack up is, again, annoying me. He's off work today because I had a meeting for the science job I ended up declining, and he's up here not playing with DS because he's "tired." SO AM I! I finally told him that if he was going to be in the house doing nothing worthwhile he needed to hide himself so I could pretend he wasn't here, because if he sat upstairs doing nothing I would hate him for not helping out when I myself am having difficulty with the neediness of all the living things in the household today. He now has DS in the bedroom telling stories in bed and being silly, so that's nice. I can sit here for a second. DS is pretty tired so I just keep telling myself I just have to make it to 12:15 ish and I can regroup mentally and be ready for the afternoon.
  • @zande2016 agree with calling MFM.  i'm so sorry - it is so frustrating and confusing when you are getting conflicting information from dr's or they tell you to worry about something so you do and then another dr doesn't feel its worrisome and you are left hanging. I also get needing to prioritize women in spontaneous/active labor to beds, but that just sounds like bad planning if they are completely out of beds - like not sized appropriately for the area?  :: hugs ::
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I mean I get that they’re busy and there’s nothing they can do aabout that but my office is telling me to get an NST and wait til Monday because the hospital “doesn’t do” inductions on Friday - sundays. To me that’s just b.s. They’re asking for a lawsuit because a high risk doctor recommended a medically necessary induction by today and i really think that obligates the hospital to make it happen as soon as a bed opens up regardless of their usual policy. So if god forbid something happened to my baby over the weekend they’re really opening themselves up to liability there. I left a message for the MFM so I’ll see what he sees. Still not really getting any answers from L&D and the poor receptionist at my office keeps telling me she’ll get info and get back to me but then it doesn’t happen. clearly the entire state decided to go into labor these past two days. Not me though! 

(Also, freaking out because if I do go into labor I’ll probably have to share a room or give birth in a hallway or something so in general I feel like my birth is not going to pan out anywhere close to how I wanted it.)

• @zande2016 i'm so sorry - that is so ridiculous.  Everyone is so risk and lawsuit hyperaware I'm SHOCKED that this is where you are at.  Completely agree this makes no sense.  I hope MFM calls back soon, you don't need more stress, I would squeaky wheel it and call every 30 min.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker