July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 7/9

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/9

• Options
    @zande2016 WHAT!? you don't have a panera drive thru!?!?!?! I have 2 by me :( They also deliver in my area. I thought that was universal :( I'm so sorry.  We even have a couple subway drive thrus - maybe CT people are just more lazy :-P

@nimmle glad she came to her senses and it's going better.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    Good lord. This week's episode of The Handmaid's Tale is freaking me out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nimmle DH made us go to Luke Cage after we finished Jessica Jones because he said he'd heard that there are lots of triggers for preggos, especially loss moms. I'm guessing that's a true statement?

@chaser61 I almost ditched my ped after she made me sit and do a weighed feed and DS lost weight, then she told me I had to feed a bottle of formula before I left. At that point I was pretty convinced I was underfeeding DS and ditched BF all together. They can sound so scary when it comes to feeding! 
  • Options
    @nimmle i'm so far behind...started questioning the wisdom of watching it pregnant lol I switched to musicals and it's been keeping me smiling - right now I'm on the Grease episode of Glee - except the stupid fire stick keeps crashing randomly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @SmashJam @gingerbride26 I dunno if there's a ton a triggers for pregnant women really. In general it's totally messed up toward women. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 my area is sooo weird about drive thrus. They tried putting a drive thru Starbucks in, which I was soooo looking forward to, but zoning shut it down because of traffic concerns. We have two drive thrus (mc d and Burger King, go figure) that have been around for over 30 years so I guess they’re grandfathered in my they won’t allow any others to open. When you have kids, it realllly sucks. 

@smashjam I find it does have Preggo triggers. And woman in general triggers. That being said, I can’t get enough! @nimmle is it bad that I kind of planned to bring my laptop to the hospital and stream today’s handmaids tale in the early part of my induction? Lol. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Lol not at all!
  • Options
    +1 for Handmaid's Tale being awesome but also full of triggers, personally I feel like we are sometimes living in "Gilead-the origins" lol.

Sorry I'm not tagging everyone but as always solidarity to those still dealing with work you're getting close though so hang in there! You can count on my middle finger to go up for all of those making your life harder than it already is!

@zande2016 I didn't have time to stream anything while in labor but we did watch some stuff on the laptop during our celebration dinner on night 2! So I say go for it!
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @SmashJam I love that idea!!! Would it be too difficult to blur out the name in a photo? I would love to see a picture of that outfit when the time comes! I very seriously considered getting photos done with baby boy wearing a “poop is coming” onesie in GOT lettering, and me wearing a shirt that says “mother of dragons” and then have DD in a dragon outfit. Too much? 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @SmashJam Dying. Love the idea
  • Options
    @emsnedds the shop on Etsy I ordered my onesie from also had "mother of dragons" "father of dragons" "dragon" t shirt/onesie sets. But seriously for halloween I might steal that idea, lol and dress both my kiddos like dragons. Here is the shop. And I don't really know why I put the blank I have no real sense of stranger danger so I'll post the pic when I take it I promise! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525686350/games-of-thrones-inspired-personalized?ref=shop_home_feat_2
  • Options
    @SmashJam That's so amazing!

@emsnedds We're close to Salem so we dressed up several times during Halloween. One time we reused DS' dragon costume and I wore a Mother of Dragons shirt and a floor length formal skirt j have in my closet. No regrets. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    DH was so obsessed with the umbilical cord stump. He was sooooooooo careful around it and so worried it would get caught on things. He wanted it to fall off so bad and it finally did yesterday. So gross. Really happy it's off! 
  • Options
    DH was so obsessed with the umbilical cord stump. He was sooooooooo careful around it and so worried it would get caught on things. He wanted it to fall off so bad and it finally did yesterday. So gross. Really happy it's off! 
    With DS we freaked out when it fell off. It was super gross. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @kissableviv May the belly raspberries commence!
  • Options
    Anybody else planning on getting a free slurpee today from 7/11?
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @emsnedds and @SmashJam I was totally planning on doing "mother of dragons" for halloween and dressing DD, DS, and dog up as dragons....I guess DH can be john snow...I've been doing so much star wars stuff for LO - I got all the star wars itty bitty's and plan on taking photos with him and them all lined up.

@zande2016 I totally watched Frozen while waiting on the beginning of my induction. might as well watch something!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    Anybody else planning on getting a free slurpee today from 7/11?
    Why did I not get this memo? Any why is 7/11 so far?

Edit: Compensating for my lack of slurpee with a decaf latte and chocolate croissant. Not free, nor fair trade. Delicious none-the-less
  • Options
    @kissableviv @wildtot @SmashJam - DH totally put the umbilical cord in a ziplock baggie and put it in her memory box.... I was like WTF are you doing!?  :s it's still in there 2 years later....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @gingerbride26 Ugh, ew. My DH is super sentimental. I really hope he doesn't pull that crap. He only gets a week of paternity leave so hopefully he's not around when it happens so I can throw it out.
  • Options
    @rachelsogo I can’t cus of GD but I totally wanted the baby to come today because I love 7/11 slurpees AND I weighed 7.11 when I was born haha. Oh well, maybe he’ll weigh 7.12 when he’s born tomorrow. 

@kissableviv my H was obsessed with the stump too but he was the opposite of yours,
    he kept touching it and trying to get it to fall off. I would get soooo mad. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam DS pooped during the feed, so I was pretty sure he was going to be the same weight even though I nursed him! It all worked out but I think if I was ever in that situation again, I would walk out. I delivered and almost 9lb baby and the rest of the exam indicated he was healthy and thriving. Plus I was worki with an LC so I knew the baby was getting enough milk during feeds. She just got fixated on a number. Well thanks all for listening. It is theraputic to get that off my chest!
  • Options
    Great news @julianne0!

@chaser61 for a proper weighted feed, baby shouldn’t be changed before reweighing at the end of the feed to account for any pooping/peeing. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @comealongponds I didn’t know that. Of course I changed the diaper right away and before he was weighed again. 

Anyone else still unable to click the “love it” in the mobile app? I keep getting a error message. Please know I am mentally loving some of these posts. Especially the baby announcements!
  • Options
    Awesome news @julianne0!  I'm sure that is a huge relief!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The stump totally looks like a raisin. Since I have trail mix by the bed i decided to throw it away to avoid freak accidents!!!
    :lol:
  • Options
    @zande2016 I just went and got my slurpee and they have a sugar free lemonade one! :)
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @chaser61 the LCs I work with drilled it into me when I first started working because we have a lot of rule out sepsis babies that come in who are actually just dehydrated from EBFing. I'm sorry you ped didn't do it properly!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @SmashJam Thank you! I haven’t been on Etsy in forever, but now I’m going to use it for more Got/Halloween ideas lol. 
  • Options
    I totally saved my kids' umbilical cord stumps. They weren't that gross to me.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @rachelsogo I drove by the 7/11 after my ob appointment and they have a bounce house, and line formed...I didnt even realize what for until you mentioned what today was...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Soooo I ate pho for dinner at 4:30 since they said the hospital may call for me to come at 5. Now it’s 6:30 and still no call, except my midwife called to give me a heads up that L&D is busy and they’re waiting on someone to deliver so I can get their room. So I might not get the call til 8. And guess what? I’m hungry again. Gonna need 2nd dinner clearly. This waiting around really sucks! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 sugar free slurpee time? or frozen yogurt? that sucks the wait is so long...i think ours said to call at 8 and they'd give us an ETA last time, but starting at 5 is early :(
    Pregnancy Ticker