October 2018 Moms

Randoms 6/15

DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 6/15

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds fun! Enjoy!!
  • In my pregnancy brain fog I left the oven on all night. I feel awful about it.
    Also ODD's gymnastics exhibition was this morning and we slept through the alarms so she missed it. She was upset when she learned she wasn't going. So I feel terrible for that too. Ugh.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves I'm always so scared that I'm going to do that! The oven that came with our house is weird and doesn't make it very obvious when it's on so I've had dreams about leaving it on forever. 
    So sorry to hear that your DD was upset she missed her gymnastics exhibition. That sucks.
  • @mamabearcj I was so bloated yesterday afternoon...it hurt so bad, and then of course I was gassy while watching TV with DH that night...at least these didn't smell?!?! Must have been mostly air  :D
  • @mytrueloves glad the oven on wasn’t an issue! Ours is a touch panel one, and sometimes the cats walk across it and turn it on. I’m always paranoid and check it in the morning... 
  • @halfanewt - I still haven’t announced on social media either.   :D At this point, I’ll probably wait until baby is born...
  • I didn't post anything until DD was here and will do the same this time. Of course my MIL with her boundary issues has already posted about it multiple times on her FB... :angry:
  • @mytrueloves oh no! Glad it didn't cause an issue. I left mine on a few months ago, luckily DH caught it. I swear the brain fog is getting worse.
  • @SawyerRichardson I would be so mad if my MIL did that...and it’s definitely something she would do. The major reason we did a FB announcement was so she wouldn’t spoil it for us first. We told her she couldn’t post anything until we did and she asked us almost every day when we were going to post for about 2 weeks after our 12 week apt. We finally posted around 15 weeks.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life Oh I was livid. She did the same thing with DD. Neither my H nor I have a FB so I had a friend of mine add her so she could let me know if she posted anything I wouldn't be ok with. Of course about 5 minutes after we told her this baby was a girl my H starts getting text messages congratulating him on another girl because she posted it on there. I'm planning on having a talk with her next time I see her because its actually  really getting to me. 
  • @SawyerRichardson- That sucks.  I’m sorry you have to deal with that. 
  • DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • @SawyerRichardson that really sucks. I hope she’s understanding and apologetic when you explain to her why that shit is definitely not okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our new range is a double oven with the controls for each oven on either side of the clock screen. I turned the wrong oven off lol. Luckily it was the small upper oven that I used last night and it wasn't even that hot when we woke up. For sure going to check the oven before I go to bed from now on
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • tlmilltlmill member
    @SawyerRichardson my MIL pulled that same crap with DS. I was in the hospital overnight around 8 weeks because of my HG, and they watched DD for part of that time. Well, when DH picked me up and took me to this festival our town was doing, I had like 6 people congratulate me on the baby. When I questioned the last person they said that my MIL had been telling everyone I was pregnant. I was LIVID. I pulled her aside and told her it wasn’t her business to share that before WE were ready, and her response was “well I figured it’s my right to tell people I’m going to be a grandma again.” Uh, no. Not before we’ve announced. It’s not your news to tell. 

She pulled it again this time too, and on top of that has had a blast telling everyone that my instinct about the sex was wrong and hers was right. “I guess grandma really does know best!” Um, no. Go away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your MILs sound like real peaches @SawyerRichardson and @tlmill
  • edited June 2018
    @tlmill I feel like I could have written that entire post myself. I'm actually anticipating  her saying something about it being her grandbaby and she can tell who she wants.
    With DD her first response when we found oui ut the sex was "See! I told you it was a girl!" Yeah. Just like us and everyone else in my family that thought it was a girl. With this LO she was so convinced that it was a boy that she would always ask how her grandson was doing. I was secretly  so thrilled it was a girl and I could tell her she was wrong.

ETA @DunkinDecaf I wish that's how she would respond.  She ridiculously  sensitive and over reacts to things so I fully expect her to feel like I'm attacking her and text me about it multiple times for 2 weeks afterwards.
  • @SawyerRichardson That really sucks! I would definitely be having a talk with her. I think it’s completely innapropriate for others to share anything about you on social media without your permission, family or not, it doesn’t matter.
  • I'm so afraid of leaving the stove on all night, I am ocd about checking it every night before bed and when we leave the house, even if we didn't use it! Irrational fears are kind of my thing, makes parenting stressful!

My last day of school was Wednesday! But I'm teaching summer school for the first time in my 9 year career as a high school teacher. I'm very nervous to teach a classroom full of kids that already failed and hate English! But I need the money because I'm taking 12 weeks off for baby this fall at half pay and I'm the primary money maker in the house. It starts on Monday and I just found out I'm teaching yesterday at a different school and I can't get my classroom keys until 25 minutes before the first period starts. Ugh I'm stressed!
  • Sassy! I love it! @DunkinDecaf
  • @sliztee yep. She’s a regular sally sass-a-lot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SawyerRichardson we had a similar talk with basically the entire family (both sides for good measure) they were told if any of them couldn't be trusted to keep news to themselves until we were ready to announce to everyone, they would be the last to find out anything, if they were told at all. That they would be lucky if they didn't find out from some one that wasn't us much later (including but not limited to not meeting baby at the hospital, if anyone breathed a word of us being there, if someone found out. Or anyone dumb enough to announce baby.). Some people suck! Feel free to come all share stories of crazy family/in laws in the crazy family thread!
  • @jweber4747 that’s sounds super stressful! Hopefully all of your kiddos are motivated to pass and get the credits. How long is your summer school session? 
  • @SawyerRichardson I’m so glad my inlaws don’t use Facebook much. I cannot believe she did that! 

@knottieamusements I’m half tempted to wait and do that, but there’s enough extended family that I’d rather not contact all individaully. At this point it’s just which option allows me to be lazier :) 
  • Six weeks of summer school and they are only half days. The extra cash will be great! I'm hoping the kids are motivated!
  • When we told my mom we were pregnant, she posted on FB that a baby was coming with a gif of baby Hercules. I immediately told her to delete it because we weren't ready for FB yet. 
  • I leave the oven on all the time. Always have. No baby brain to blame. Luckily DH is good about noticing (and making fun of me for leaving it on yet again). I for sure would have burned our house down a dozen times by now. Or at least racked up our electric bill. 
  • This is my second and i didn’t do a formal announcement this time. It feels weirdly self-indulgent. Or maybe I realized that most people have kids, so yeah it’s awesome for us but it’s not special. That sounds worse than I mean though ;) I’m sure that could go in the UO thread. I did use a company meeting to make sure my office colleagues knew but still felt awkward. 
  • I have a paper for my class due on Thursday that I just started yesterday. It is the last assignment I have to complete for this class and I am just so unmotivated to do it! I have so many more fun things I would rather be doing...but it needs to get done. Ugh.
  • @kiwi2628 that’s an amazing friend!