October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 6/15

Re: Randoms 6/15

• Options
    @kiwi2628 that is amazingly awesome! So glad it all worked out so easily!
  • Options
    Yay @kiwi2628! I'm glad you found a way to get it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So I'm kinda stressing out right now. You may recall, I'm the president of my sorority's housing corporation. So basically, I'm the landlord of a house of 15 girls. They got 4-7in of rain in less than 12 hours and there's massive flooding going on. Thankfully we've been told our house looks ok from the outside. I'm just waiting to hear from the one girl staying in it this summer to hear if our basement is okay! Our house is at the bottom of a hill next to the road pictured. The road is destroyed.

• Options
    @kiwi2628 - That is awesome!   I love that it worked out so cleanly!
  • Options
    @sammierose464 that looks intense! Fx the house is okay! 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 idk of you have a dehumidifier for the basement but it works wonders!! Our basement has flooded a handful of times when we lose power and it's always kind of damp down there so we bought one a few months ago and have to empty it daily it sucks so much moisture up. (They have ones with a pump line to like a sump pump or outside but our cat kept fucking with it so we just manually dump it)
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - That is incredible.  I’m glad the damage for the house seems minor.  

+1 to a dehumidifier.  I have one with a drain line to my sump pump, and it has made a huge difference.  
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited June 2018
    @sammierose464 if it was just the concrete that got wet, everything is probably ok still. I'd worry if the walls got wet (presuming this is street flooding + inevitable sewage back up, and not just broken pipe flooding with clean water), even just an inch up the wall typically requires 2 feet of drywall to be cut out.
  • Options
    Thankfully even the walls are concrete. I think they are looking at getting a dehumidifier, although it's a very small town and might sell out quick.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - and a wetvac...  you need the dehumidifier after you have gotten rid of as much water as possible.  But it won’t work magic on the standing water.  
  • Options
    I forgot how awful it is to be pregnant during the summer in NYC.
  • Options
    @estellegetty sympathy. Do you have AC at least?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jweber4747 being in water feels so weird! Your belly is so floaty!
  • Options
    Water is slightly weird, but getting out of the water sucks! 
  • Options
    Yes @DunkinDecaf thank God for AC!!! Unfortunately toddlers still really want to go to the park and mine doesn’t seem to care it’s 100 degrees outside...haha!
  • Options
    We went swimming today and it did feel weird with the baby.
  • Options
    Yes @DunkinDecaf thank God for AC!!! Unfortunately toddlers still really want to go to the park and mine doesn’t seem to care it’s 100 degrees outside...haha!

Ahhhhh I couldn’t. Is there a splash pad or something at least you can go to?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    @estellegetty exactly how I feel about being pregnant during the summer in Texas :( my kids and I have been living in the pool. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited June 2018
    So just wanted to share that we came bag from seeing Tag and it’s got some pregnancy related sensitive material in there.

**TW about loss**
    There is a storyline about miscarriage and it’s not handled very sensitively.
    I am not sure if anyone here is still active on any of the loss or TTCAL boards, but it’s dealt with enough in the back quarter of the movie that I immediately wanted to warn anyone who might be sensitive to the topic. I do not feel that I am close enough to any of these ladies to step in and try not to post in TTGP now since I was not there for long, but hoping someone might have enough of a relationship with the group to share!

Full disclosure in this spoiler, which is also a bit of a main movie storyline spoiler-
    A character fakes a pregnancy and miscarriage for the sake of the game, and has ZERO remorse over it.

**end TW**
  • Options
    I will be 23 weeks on Friday and have gained 13 pounds.  How much have you gained?
  • Options
    Agreed with pps about not sharing numbers. It’s so easy to obsess over that shit if we’re not careful and it’s really an unnecessary stress. I just recently reached and passed my bfp weight after loosing some from being sick, and now it’s shooting right up which my dr is happy about. I’m trying not to weigh myself at home because it’s hard to feel positive about that number going up, even though I know it’s healthy and normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @knottieamusements It's amazing how people think all rules of common decency go out the window when you are pregnant.
  • Options
    I try so hard not to look at or obsess over my weight gain. I have a history of anorexia, and honestly my weight gain right now can add to my depression. I just remind myself to try and eat better and that I have a plan post baby (Beachbody is coming out with a new weight lifting/ HIIT workout I can't wait to try).
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Okay, this one is really random, does anyone have advice for what is appropriate to wear to a traditional Indian wedding?  I googled and saw that black could be a faux pas but of course that's the color dress I have.  Also, do shoulders need to be covered?    
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @KFrob Can you ask one of your friends that would be attending if they have an extra saree you can borrow? It's always fun to dress up in the traditional saree if you can. If you can't borrow one then just make sure you wear a longer dress and nothing too casual. Indian weddings are a big formal affair. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @knottieamusements ugh people. Who says that?!
  • Options
    I was out of town visiting a friend since Thursday night and have so much to catch up on on here. And no one is at work today, I feel like I missed a memo...
  • Options
    Love henna!