Infertility
Options

July 2018 FET

Re: July 2018 FET

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    @Momifbysea One more thing to add about your travels is there are much less monitoring with a medicated FET cycle than an ER cycle, unless you’re doing a natural cycle I think There is more monitoring with a natural, so they can usually work around your travel. Email your nurse and see what she says. Sorry no experience with ERAs here.
  • Options
    @suziev3 Good to hear it helped you! I think our worst fear is it saying everything was right and my last failure was a fluke! But since I never got any positive or signs...I feel like something is off.

@Momifbysea Takes around 10 days for results. Hoping sooner than later so don't have to deal with birth control very long! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    re: the Zika threat - late to this party but I went to Florida in March and was told it was no longer a concern in that area.. glad to know that Bahamas is back on the table, too. Exuma is literally my favorite Carribean spot!

@Kristinmh11 - Thanks for the ERA info! We did not do PGS testing so I will just pray that it was an issue with the embryo and not my lining. 

I'm cramping and spotting alot right now, so AF will probably show up tonight/tomorrow. My clinic needs to me to come in for day 3 bloodwork because my original testing is about to expire, which means it's been a year since I began my IF workups. That's depressing. And then they will want me to go on BCP for a minimum of 14 days before moving into FET cycle. So. Much. Waiting! Has anyone else had to do this? I don't understand why they can't just start the cycle on Day 1 now - I want to cry :( 
  • Options
    @leilee101 Ugh, I feel your pain. My doctor has me going on BCP while waiting on my results which to me seems silly being I'd be on estrace for 15 days first regardless. I swear it's always something! Luckily you AF is on his way now, so you'll still be good to land in July FET timing :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @Drove2u glad everything went well! 

@leilee101 my RE puts me on BCP before I start anything. ER and FET. I think their office uses it more for scheduling than anything medical. I’m with you on the waiting. I absolutely hate it. 

AFM,  I got a call from my nurse today. Everything from my bloodwork looks normal like we thought. However I got a positive result for Ureaplasma so now I’m on antibiotics for two weeks. Ugh. And still waiting for AF.  Which doesn’t really matter because I’m sure I can’t do my hysterscopy until I’m done with my antibiotics. This might be good though because I’m sure they will put me on BCP because of timing so maybe I still have hope for July :) 
  • Options
    @Drove2u Glad your procedure went well! Next step FET  ;)

@J1006 what is Ureaplasma?

@leilee101 I feel ya sister, mine is coming any day now. Sorry about the 2 weeks of BCP and more waiting.. it honestly sucks! But I’m glad to know Fl and the Bahamas off the Zika list! May need to plan a trip now!
  • Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @ndz2018 it’s a bacteria that is found in the reproductive tract. My nurse said it’s a normal bacteria to have (body usually fights it off on its own) but if you get an infection it can cause problems with getting pregnant.  I read online that it’s common with women who have unexplained infertility. This infection can be passed to the fetus if you are pregnant and lead to complications including miscarriage which is why my doctor is treating me. 
  • Options
    @j1006 fingers crossed you're still in for July.  It's good they found and can treat the Ureaplasma ahead of time.

@Drove2u welcome back.  Glad your procedure went well.

AFM: Just looking forward to our consult tomorrow afternoon and hoping it will give us a better idea on a timeline.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @J1006 Oh my! I’m so glad they caught it!!! I think I may Have had something like that about 7-8 years ago... I had Went for my yearly and Pap smear and they said I had Some sort of bacteria infection totally forget the name but I had to take antibiotics and poof all gone in a few weeks! 

@ChristenMA83 FX youre at zero tomorrow and get your timeline! Did you get your AF yet? 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 No AF yet.  I spotted for 2 weeks after the loss but didn't count that.  If I consider that day 1 and have a normal cycle, AF should show up on Monday.  I'm usually very regular but who knows how my body will handle this cycle.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 OOHH we may be getting our Afs very close together. Remind me, are they throwing you on BCP or are you going right into it?
  • Options
    @ndz2018 I'll find out about BCP for sure tomorrow, but they'll probably put me on estrace.  Depends on if I go right into FET or wait for another AF.  Last FET was the cycle following ER, so he put me on estrace and we transferred on CD23
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    I have so much to catch up on and comment! Will try to do that this weekend- glad things are progressing for everyone. 

My RE has me on BCP starting earlier this week. I will be on it all this month- skip the non active pills and go right into a new pack. Meet with RE tomorrow to confirm everything!!!

• Options
    @bpietronicco Exciting!! Sounds like things are starting to get a move on for you! So you still stay on BCP, then go straight into your estrogen without getting a period? Just curious how that all works. They have me getting my period, then going onto them...so never mind, I guess it's the same deal. #blondemoment lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    GREAT! Looks like I’ll have to go on BCP for 14 days too.... she wanted me to wait a whole other cycle which I guess Would technically still put me in July still but the very end ..we compromised on 2 weeks of BCP when i get AF hopefully this weekend.  I am really not happy about this and have already had a cry. I just feel so disappointed  :'(  I have been waiting since Dec to do a transfer and now I guess I’ll have to wait some more   :(
  • Options
    leilee101leilee101 member
    edited June 2018
    @ndz2018 argh!!!! Why did they want you to wait a whole other cycle?! My clinic finally ‘fessed up that they do it for scheduling purposes but also to stall for time to submit to insurance. So I really have nothing to whine about since my coverage is so good and I know soo many are 100% OOP, which I cannot even imagine, but it’s still so frustrating to have timelines set in your head and have everything change. On the bright side, we’ll be on the same timeline and maybe we can be TWW buddies ..,,.

@bpietronicco good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Same to you @ChristenMA83 , and so sorry to learn about your recent loss *hugs*... hope you both get some solid timelines tomorrow
  • Options
    @leilee101 I’m still trying to figure out why too but that is a bright side, I’m glad I wont Be alone on stupid BCP and We’ll he transfer buddies!! Once she said “wait” my stomach dropped and I kinda Tuned it all out. In my head I was Like “MOTHER F%>#ER WTF?!???AHHHHHH “. So I’ll just take this afternoon and pout hope AF get here tomorrow or Sat and start BCP ASAP. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 ((hugs)) I already told you my thoughts earlier and wish I could do something to make it all better! But like I said before...least you'll still land in July. Feel free to blame it on me!! It's my fault for starting the stupid BCP trend...we planned to transfer the same week, so just makes it more realistic :) Trying to  stay positive on your behalf! The whole IF journey is so unfair! :(
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 girl you know I  <3 you!! Thank you doll and yes our timeline will still be close which is yet another bright side  :)
  • Options
    @ndz2018 sorry for the disappointing news.  It's all just seems like one waiting game after another.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    Thank you guys! I just feel so defeated when stuff like this happens... I’m really trying to see the positives but it’s so hard when you had your heart set on going right into it when AF starts. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 noooooo!!!!! After all you've already had to wait this seems so unfair! I'm curious why.

@bpietronicco I didn't know they did that were you take BCP and then skip the nonactives and keep taking more. I wonder if this is what they might do for me since I've got the trip planned. Hope your appointment goes well!

AFM, I started AF last night which is several days early but of course I'm thinking "was it just spotting or is this really it" and playing the game of checking every couple of hours. My period is always lighter on a BCP cycle though so I have a feeling I will be calling the clinic today. IF it is really here today then I will likely need to wait another cycle and may be end of July too unless they can play with meds. At this point I'm kind of like whatever. Just tired of waiting.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I hope either way, you can get it done at the time that you are needing things to be :) I started lightly spotting last night, but today not as much so I'm not sure what's going on either! My RE said after my biopsy I'd probably spot, but that was days ago so who knows! AF is due next week, but was also hoping she'd be a little late for once.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Just got done with my meeting with my RE- they have decided to switch and do an ERA before my transfer to make sure of the timing- so I will have my
    ERA July 17 and transfer end of August if all goes well.  So I will no longer be skipping my July period. 

Craziness- they had to change my dates a few times since I was going to be out of town at the beginning when they needed to baseline me.  And then adjust again because my RE wasn’t going to be in the office.  I hope and pray all works out!!
  • Options
    @bpietronicco How are you feeling about the ERA cycle? are you ok with it? or did you just want to move forward?

@Momifbysea She just wants us to take some more time, long story ... she said she wanted to wait a whole other cycle so I compromised on BCP for 2 weeks. It's honestly my decision not hers!
  • Options
    @ndz2018 I am okay with it- as much as I do not like taking all the meds/shots - I want to Maximize our success as we are not able to afford another ivf round. 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 well I'm sure it's the best thing then, and at least you'll still probably be in July!

I called the clinic and I feel much better. The nurse said my travel doesn't impact because they can have me on estrogen for as long as needed, like no limit! Good to know and wanted to share with everyone else so you know travel won't impact having to wait a whole extra cycle. I will have my ultrasound the week of July 1 and then the week of July 8 would be the FET. The other thing I asked was about wanting to talk with the doctor regarding what he recommends as far as me doing an ERA this cycle or going ahead with the FET. I think I mentioned before that as much as I am tired of delaying and want to jump right in, the fact that 25% of women have different timing and the fact that it took me until this 5th IVF cycle to get anything to freeze makes me want to pause and seriously consider this as a play it as safe as possible option. It's not like I have a ton of chances here. So he's back on the 18th and the nurse will leave a message for him to call me. I'll just have peace of mind knowing I've discussed it with him, no matter which route I decide to go.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I would Totally be the same way about the ERA. Its taken you 5 cycles to get this chance and I wouldnt wanna mess around either. Glad everything worked out for your trip too! 

@bpietronicco I’m glad you’re comfortable with everything seems like the RE wants to make sure everything is perfect for the next transfer.
  • Options
    @bpietronicco I think you'll be happy you did the ERA. We are in the same boat...last embryo and really don't want to pay for another retrieval round either. I'm glad I spent this last month on drugs for the ERA...it's a peace of mind knowing you're going into it all knowing you've done everything possible. 

@Momifbysea Glad there are no delays for you!! Let us know which way you decide to go. I think I maybe in the 2nd week of July as well :smile:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    So today's appointment was a bit overwhelming.    Our RE sited at least 4 different studies and gave us a bunch of science - one of the things I love about him is he stays up to date on all the studies and I like knowing the science but my head was spinning.   In summary he wants to give our one little blastocyst it's best chance and rule out some stuff that he may have waited to test for if we had more in the bank.  

We'lll be doing a hysteroscopy, immunology panel and environmental panel.  Apparently our region has higher than national average issue with arsenic, mercury and carbon dioxide.  So that's a fun little piece of trivia.  Also our clinic sees significantly  higher than the national average cases of reduced ovarian function which may have environmental causes (I dont have reduced ovarian function but basically he wants to make sure my local area isn't poisoning me)

I don't know what this all means for timing but I do like having a list of things to do rather than just waiting around.  I have to schedule the hysteroscopy with my regular OB office for insurance.   They want to see me first for a consult before scheduling but thankfully I was able to get in Tuesday for a discussion. So I have to see when I can get that scheduled and when AF shows up and then we can talk transfer timing...but at this point I think I'll be lucky to eek into the tail end of July.  Probably looking at August.  Which is fine,  I'm not in a huge hurry as long as we're actively doing something. 

In other news, DH does have to have surgery to remove the nasal polyps July 26th... so we're looking at a busy couple of months.  His doc told him it's so bad he doesn't breath like other people and he'll notice a huge difference after surgery... I'm thinking is there anyway a clearer airway helps with sperm production?
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 LOL at the clearer airway and sperm production!! And your RE sounds like he’s done his research I’d like him too! Stick around here while you’re doing all this testing I’m really curious if he finds anything and it’s good knowledge for the rest of us if we wanted to bring it up with our REs! Also hope your hubby is feeling better... July is a super busy month for you two but it’ll fly by with all that and your FET will be here before you know it ;)

@suziev3 Thanks!! it’s only delaying It by two weeks so I should Be grateful it’s not a whole month.
  • Options
    @suziev3 Exciting!! FX AF comes soon for you!

@ChristenMA83 That's so cool! I love that your doctor is so proactive and keeps on top of everything! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    You guys I’m the worst. IM all caught up on the reading but still Want to respond to each and everyone one of you. Just know that I’m thinking of all you and the delays some of you have to go through. They’re the worst. And also happy to hear that many of us are progressing towards our FETs. 
    Im my parents now in upstate ny. My mom has stage four cancer and almost died last month from a super aggressive chemo that she was on. SHE was on life support for a few days. Thankfully she’s improving but still not  Home. I’ve had my hands full. On the IF front I’m expecting my period in less than two weeks and then have to go for a CD2 baseline. 
  • Options
    @Drove2u so sorry to hear about your mother. My family has been touched by cancer many times over the last 4 years- some victories, some now at peace.  I will keep her along with you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. 

@kristimh80 thanks! I am glad we are trying everything to maximize our chances.  Have you gotten your results back yet (sorry if I missed it if mentioned already).

@suziev3 thanks for sharing- gives me more reason to feel like we are doing the right thing. 

@ChristenMA83 wow, that is great that your RE is checking all that out and so proactive. 
  • Options
    @Drove2u Oh my goodness..I'm so sorry for everything you're having to go thru right now. Saying prayers that your mom will be able come home soon!! I know exactly what you are going thru. My husbands brother battled brain cancer and seemed to be a roller coaster ride on all sides. I'm here if you need someone to talk to, I know it's not easy.

@bpietronicco No, results take 10 days to get back...not sure if that's business days or normal days! lol 

AFM: CD 1 is officially here. So just took my first birth control pill. I thought I was going to be good and wait till CD 2, but this AF sucks and I'm over all the fun that's came with it so far! Hoping if Monday when I call for CD 1, by the time they get me in for a scan, my result possible could be in. They haven't process my payment yet...so we can only hope! :blush:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @Drove2u I’m so very sorry about your mom. I’ve known far too many people who have battled cancer in their lives. Your family is in my prayers. 

@ChristenMA83 that’s fantastic that your RE is checking all of that. And a little scary that environmental issues that cause that much of a problem. Hopefully all is well with your testing. 

@kristimh80 Yay for CD1!

AFM, still waiting for AF to show. 
  • Options
    leilee101leilee101 member
    edited June 2018
    @bpietronicco I’m glad you decided to do the ERA.. it sounds like it’s been really helpful for a lot of ladies and if you need to make every transfer really count it seems like it’s def worth it
    @suziev3 are you the first of the July FET pack?? Start us off strong! 
    @ChristenMA83 that’s so crazy that environmental factors can be that big an influence! I can’t wait to tell my mom she’s a toxicologist and gets like weirdly excited about anything related to pollutants lol
    @Drove2u sorry to hear about your mom that’s so scary. You’d think the universe would give us a break with all we have to deal with. Glad to hear she’s improving
    @kristimh80 yay for AF.. I just took my first BCP tonight too! Hoping Monday brings good news for you 

so I had to go in for my day 3 bloods today since it’s been a year since originally testing. They said my TSH and prolactin are slightly elevated so they need to me to come back in Tuesday and then my RE can review results before my Wednesday WTF appointment. I called the nurse to see if I should be worried and she said it should not affect my cycle, worst case scenario is I have to take some meds to keep my tsh down. I think all these hormone injections threw my equilibrium off lol
  • Options
    @leilee101 You're probably right! All these hormones...I don't know if our bodies know what it's supposed to do sometimes. Many times I feel like a science experiment lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019