Infertility
Options

July 2018 FET

Re: July 2018 FET

• Options
    sidillysidilly member
    edited May 2018
    @ChristenMA83 I'm so sorry for your loss. It sucks so bad. Glad you are recovering though and HCG is so close to 0. FX AF shows up soon!
    @suziev3 Welcome and GL with your PGS results.
    @kristimh80 Really jealous of your weekend plans. Sounds like a lot of stress free time with favorite people and no worries :)

• Options
    @ndz2018 being med free is a nice feeling.  This is the first time since January I haven't had to take some sort of hormone or another.  It is nice to feel a little normal for a change.

@drove2u Midwest :) North of Dayton, OH

December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ndz2018 That's what I assume...it's not like I'll need a HPT lol I don't remb PIO feeling like this before...maybe b/c I'm doing the right spot now  :dizzy:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited May 2018
    @kristimh80 I remember it making me lethargic so don’t worry it’s totally normal sorry :(

@Drove2u I’ve never seen anything post like that before... also I will Be having a few drinks this weekend  ;)

@madasm0530 Ugh sorry,  so close!! REALLY hoping Monday is down to ZERO

You guys! I cant Believe tomorrow is June 1st already!!! This month flew by! Have an appointment next week with the RE to talk over a few things and should literally be getting AF a few days after. Sneaks up on you sometimes! 
  • Options
    @suziev3 yay for 3 normans!  That's great news!

@madasm0530 at least you're headed in the right direction.

@kristimh80 I hated the PIO only slightly less tha. The suppositories.  Those two are by far my least favorite of all the things I've had to stick in my body.

I'm just sitting in the clinic parking lot trying to burn through the next 10 minutes before my blood test.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @suziev3 CONGRATS on your 3 normals!! Did you find out what sexes they are?? We went back and forth with our decision. About a week or so after we got our results we decided to find out.

@ChristenMA83 GL today FX it’s at 0!
  • Options
    @suziev3 yay for 3 normals!!! So exciting!!!
  • Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @susiev3 congrats!  That’s great!

@ndz2018 I got a message with our PGS results and the embryologist said we could call if we want to find out. It took me about 2 seconds to call her back haha. 

AFM, heard back from insurance and of course they denied my RPL panel. So there goes another $1200 probably to hear that everything is normal. It was denied because it’s excluded in the plan unless you have three consecutive losses that occurred naturally. How BS is that?!  Im shocked that they denied every one, even the bloodwork for lupus. 
  • Options
    @J1006 NOOOO ugh I am so sorry. That is such BS! Your insurance gets a big F U today!!!
  • Options
    My results came back- of the 5 - 3 abnormal, 1 no result and 1 normal!! It’s all or nothing!  I hope this transfer works!!!
  • Options
    @J1006 so sorry about the insurance!! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

@bpietronicco FX so hard for you.  I have been in that position.  What about the no result frostie?  What do they do with that one?
    @ndz2018 I DID find out.  I would be going crazy thinking about it if I hadn't.  They are all good quality but there is one that is slightly better, so we will go with that one.  The only reason I wouldn't want to know is because I feel like it might lead me to make assumptions about them by knowing the sex.  I am trying to keep in mind that all 3 are very different potential humans.  It's really amazing to think about.   
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    @bpietronicco The one with no result what do they mean? undetermined? mosaic? are they keeping it frozen? Reason I ask is because I have 3 mosaics that they said were undetermined and contained both normal and abnormal cells so they keep them frozen. I am not sure what we'll do with them I would have to go through all my normal's to get to them and if I got through 5 normal embryos we have a much bigger problem than MFI!!! I have  done my homework on mosaic embryo and people will have perfectly healthy babies using them
  • Options
    @j1006 that sucks about the insurance.

@bpietronicco fingers crossed this one works.  I too am curious about the "no result" embryo. Ditto what @ndz2018 said, I know there's a lot of controversy on mosaic embryo's right now.  At least you have the results now, but I know the dwindling numbers game is hard.  Do you know the sex of the 1 normal?

@suziev3 congras on the 3 normals.  That's very exciting news!  It is awesome to think of them each as their potential future self.  I hate that we all have to go through these infertility hurdles but I feel so much closer and in tune with the process of conception.  Sometimes I just geek out on the science of it all.

AFM: Speaking of insurance, I just got the claim from my last of three ultrasounds and noticed number 3 was higher than 1 & 2.  Looking at the details they covered the first 2 at 100% as part of maternity care, but are charging me a coinsurance on the last ultrasound where the loss was discovered....guess that's not part of maternity care???  It's only like $20 so it isn't a big deal but I feel like the spirit of it is just a little evil.  I'm not about to dispute anything over $20 coinsurance; it just makes me a tad bitter.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 WOW, I know it’s only $20 but REALLY INSURANCE?!?! Thats a lil ridiculous! Your insurance gets a big F U today as well! 
  • Options
    For the no result they are going to unfreeze it, rebiopsy - freeze it again and test- free of charge.  They said they weren’t able to get a result.  
  • Options
    @bpietronicco that's nice they're going to rebiopsy free of charge.

Just got my results back.  HCG is at 3.4, so while not zero they're comfortable with the progress.  We scheduled a consultation with the RE for nextFriday to discuss next steps.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    @bpietronicco if I recall correctly @J1006 had the same thing happen and both of hers came back normal so don’t count that one out just yet ;)

@ChristenMA83 I’m glad they feel comfortable with moving forward! I’m sure by next Friday it’ll be down to 0, so glad you guys can move forward now! 
  • Options
    @bpietronicco FX the re-biopsy comes back good! I'm down to only 1 as well..so praying this is our time! <3

@ChristenMA83 Glad you got the green light to move forward!! 

@suziev3 Congrats on your littles!

@J1006 Sorry you're having issues with insurance. Silver lining is they pay for a lot of things at least :blush:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @suziev3 Wow, congrats on your 3 normals. That's a huge relief.
    @bpietronicco Congrats on your normal embie and praying for your other embie to come back normal and that this transfer works. Do they tell you guys what the anomaly is with the abnormal ones?
    @ChristenMA83 I can't believe this insurance bullshit. It's so annoying and sad too. HCG of less than 5 is practically zero so congrats!
  • Options
    Posting the July FET Spreadsheet again for the new girls that may not have seen it :) 
    July Spreadsheet https://https//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PqHtrytUaRN_XJDNAG7vQ-zNLqSHCw6Rw3E03BVzB6E/edit?usp=sharing
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @sidilly they told me because I asked. It was good to know.  I am hoping the other comes back normal too so we have a backup!  I am nervous about the unfreezing and freezing again that may cause problems - this is the first I have dealt with any freezing so I am in uncharted territory! 

@kristimh80 praying hard this is our time!!!
  • Options
    So my husband is on a bachelor party trip vaca with a buddy getting married in Cabo in July. Now he's trying to convince me that we should go. It's giving me anxiety knowing the Zika risk. Has anyone traveled like that doing their TTC journey? Part of me is tired of putting everything on hold like we have been for the past 3 years. But same time, I know it's probably a dumb idea. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    J1006J1006 member
    @bpietronicco @ndz2018 that’s exactly what happened to me! I have five frozen. Three came back abnormal two inconclusive. They rebiopsied them (which we had to pay for) and retested them (which we did not have to pay for). Both came back as normal. Needless to say, we were shocked. I was nervous about the freezing unfreezing refreezing as well but the embryologist ensured me that they were both strong enough. TW - we were successful with one of those embryos however it ended in a CP. RE says it’s not because of the embryo - end TW. 

@kristimh80 very true! They do cover a lot. More actually than my last insurance company. It’s the reasoning behind exclusions that gets me.  

Hopefully I will get to go get this bloodwork done tonight. Luckily I can go into any lab to get it drawn. I don’t have to go to my RE’s office. Just waiting right now for air conditioning repair guys to come (whole other set of problems haha.) or DH to get home from work so I can go. If not I’ll be there bright and early when they open tomorrow so I can get results early next week. And praying that AF shows on time which is Monday or Tuesday. This month of waiting has been torture! Never in a million years would I have thought I would say this, but I miss injections. At least then I feel like something is happening. 
  • Options
    @J1006 Best of luck with getting things done tonight! I feel you on the AC front! A couple of weeks ago, I came home to a hot house...luckily resetting everything made it work again but called the repair people anyways for a peace of mind! I understand people back on meds feeling like progress of some sort. I'm on them not and it's a mind game still knowing its a fake cycle deal and getting the progesterone bloat for no reason! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @J1006- that gives me hope then for this other embryo!!!  Good luck with the bloodwork! I feel like the last year and a half has been a whole
     bunch of waiting and it does get tiring to say the least. 
  • Options
    @bpietronicco FX you get one more normal frostie. 
    @kristimh80 Did you ask your doctor about Zika? I'm not sure where the current risks are.  I hear you about putting your life on hold. I resist planning travel because I never know what phase of a cycle I might be in etc.  
  • Options
    @suziev3 I haven't asked because I'm sure their answer would be no! lol Just curious...Mexico and the Caribbean are areas where Zika is known. I'd be in the wait after FET if we went, so idk what to do. I have a feeling when DH gets back, he'll be pushing to go now. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Hey everyone, jumping on this thread because there is a good chance my next FET will be in sometime in July.
    **TW**
    Last Tuesday I got the news my first FET on May 16th was unsuccessful. I stopped the meds and now I'm just waiting for AF to start the BCP.
    **END TW**

@kristimh80 I guess every clinic has a different protocol. Mine said something about having to wait 3 months if I had traveled to a Zika affected area and 8 months if my husband had traveled. Crazy!
  • Options
    @kristimh80 That’s a tough spot to be in. I know You want to go, I mean Who wouldn’t ? But at the same time you don’t want to harm the baby in the tww. My doctors didn’t even want me traveling to south Fl because of Zika. 

@alexandrabarros sorry to hear you’re FET didn’t work out and welcome. I’ve also heard the same about having to wait to ttc or FET after you’ve traveled to a Zika area. Since it can be sexually transmitted you and your partner have to wait and be tested :/ I didn't realize how long!! I thought It would only be like 6-8 weeks. I
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited June 2018
    @ndz2018 I know :( Our best friends live in south FL also and we've been wanting to see them too. Sucks...it's just an added thing on top of the everything. Guess since I've had a loss during this...part of me thinking...will I be mad if it doesn't work again and I put my life on hold once again?

@alexandrabarros So sorry you had to land here, but we are happy to have you! I've heard that too and why I keep telling DH no about it all. I think I'm not just frustrated b/c it's affected out lives for so many years now. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options

Wow! I had lots to read to catch up!

ChristenMA83  ah nice! Ohio! I travel a lot for work and I may end up there at some point. From the last IVF round I did, the group of girls on there that all got pregnant around the same time became kinda close. We’re IG friends now and one of them lives in the Netherlands. I had a work trip there and she drove two hours with her ********TW******* baby who was conceived via IVF that I got to meet. END TW it was so fun meeting them in real life. Also glad to hear your numbers are decreasing. Almost at the finish line there. I know you will be discussing next steps on Friday but what do you think you will do next?

madasm0530  glad to hear the numbers are going down

suziev3  3 normals!! That’s amazing! What are the other hurdles to get through now?

@kristimh80 how’s PIO going for you? I’ve never considered going to a Zika area because it just never came up, but are there things you can do to prevent getting it? What would be the chances of you actually getting it? Sorry, I just have no clue! I’m sure the doctor would prob say no though. There’s a sign in my RE’s office saying you have to let them know if you’ve traveled. Once you get pregnant and you have your little baby you guys could go and travel wherever. J

J1006  ugh sorry about insurance. L and good luck with the bloodwork!

bpietronicco  yay! Well that’s still super exciting! Awesome for one normal. That’s so great that they will re-biopsy for free!

alexandrabarros welcome! Sorry you are here but glad you are here!

AFM: I’m on my work trip now in New Brunswick, Canada. Lol. Bored out of my mind right now. Today was a 9-5 day tomorrow is a 8am-10pm day. Ugh. And then I fly out Monday. Can’t wait. I got two of my meds already: some steroid, I forget what its called and Estrace. I will also have to take baby aspirin. No BCPs. Hysteroscopy Wednesday.

• Options
    @Drove2u PIO is going good! Only a few more days left! Zika is transmitted by mosquito bites or ones that carry it. So gues I could cover myself in a body suit lol! After the bachelor party weekend, my DH sounds worn out..hoping he’s over it now
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Drove2u Somehow the rest of my message wasn’t deleted when sent. Any who, I’m on estrace now..it’s just a hormone and not a big deal. First couple of days on it, I’m a little fuzzy but makes me not care / worry as much. Ugh, I don’t envy you weekend work trip. Hope it’s means you get some time off next week! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 well I know that! Lol just if theres super duper bug spray you could use or something?? I mean I guess it’ll never be 100%. Yeah probably best not to go and risk it. 
    and yes I’m  taking a free day Tuesday, working from home  wedneesday and in the office Thursday. Friday I always work from Home. So I only have to be in the office once this week which is nice.  I have another trip in a month...to Portland. 
  • Options
    @kristimh80 I wouldn't risk going to a zika area at this point in the TTC journey but I totally get what you mean by putting your life on hold...
  • Options
    J1006J1006 member
    We travelled to FL in September before we started IVF and my RE didn’t seem concerned. Luckily mosquitoes weren’t bad when we were there. They love me and I was only bitten once. 

I already got two bw results back. No diabetes or lupus for me! Hoping to hear back about the other ones tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Hi, am new to the boards but excited to gear up for a July FET.  After stopping the PIO shots and estrace pills cold turkey after my negative HCG on May 30, I'm waiting for AF to show up to get the process moving.  I will be doing a cervical dilation procedure first upon my RE's recommendation.  The doctors had a difficult time during the transfer getting the catheter in at first due to a sharp "bend" in my cervix and hoping that dilating it would make it easier for the next transfer.  I decided not to do the ERA test.  The next protocol will be a "natural cycle" so no PIO injections.  

Is it ok to ask here, how many days after stopping the hormones did AF show up?  Thanks!