• Loading the player...
  • @kissableviv I'd love a link (also lazy)  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zande2016 but it's swaddled in Louis Vuitton!  :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    zande2016babygagnon2018
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere creepy doll! 
    Anyone else having TB app issues it kicked me out for a while regardless of logging back in several times.
  • @runsomewhere maybe a matching robe for your DD??
  • @kissableviv thank you for the link.

Would robes for me, hubby and DD be too much? Hahaha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    hillbillywife
  • @runsomewhere - probably because I gave you the wrong name to search!  LOL  Check out this:  https://smile.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine-Newborn-Layette/dp/B074VG9K8S/ref=pd_sim_193_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074VG9K8S&pd_rd_r=ZWWENV7P9DVSREDD8H4W&pd_rd_w=bZuna&pd_rd_wg=FLL81&psc=1&refRID=ZWWENV7P9DVSREDD8H4W

I've had a headache off and on all day despite taking Tylenol.  I probably need to drink more water, which is always the answer for me, I swear.  Just finished my last conference call for the day so I may take off early and go rest while DH and DD are at swim lessons.
  • @runsomewhere OMG I'M DYING OVER THAT PICTURE.  I'd asked him to pick up moe's for dinner which turned into him wanting me to just nuke frozen ground turkey and cook some rice and make bowls at home (after I told him I'd passed out for 2 hours that day and still felt like crap), I went a bit batty and said fine why don't I empty and reload the dishwasher while i'm here, he did a pot shot about him doing all the work and then it just devolved into irrational rage screaming.  We were both fine by the time he got home with the monster and he took over cooking when I looked like I was about to fall over.  He also was sweet and helped me shower so I didn't have to bend or get dizzy.
    @wildtot yea my practice is that way too - i was a good girl with my first and did the rounds so I met everyone once - this time I'm rogue and go see who I like and f it.

BTW that massage was just what i needed - thanks for encouraging me to keep the appointment - my back feels SO much better - didn't realize how much I jacked it puking this week
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    zande2016wildtotmichelle_bird
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited May 2018
    Feeling a little overwhelmed with all the things we still have to do. Just looking at a list I made and it's looooong. Hopefully I can tackle some of it. Will leave some tasks for when mom is here.
    I got the urge to clean so I ran the Roomba and the mopping robot in the kitchen and did a load of laundry.

I'm also confused because the gifts I received at home so far are from people not coming to the shower... starting to fear the people coming are buying off registry, or maybe they didn't want to spoil a surprise and bought off of their own Amazon. The only item over $100 we didn't get is the baby Bjorn bouncer which I don't even know if I want at this point. Can't complain!

Eta: spelling, my phone's keyboard is off!

• @runsomewhere I legitimately just did a spit take as I was drinking my water and scrolling bahaha so creepy! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

wildtot
  • @runsomewhere solidarity on the poopy morning. I was out of the room for five minutes and one of my twins took off his poopy diaper and he and his brother stomped poop all over the living room (of course as I was running around like a maniac trying to get everything ready to leave for the long weekend).  
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I would TOTALLY not euthanize her because of the ongoing maintenance. But the cost of stabilizing her after this diabetic episode is going to be about $3k-$4k, and that's what I can't afford. We already made the decision not to transfer her to the specialty dog hospital, and the vet called an internist who said the siezure may have triggered the higher glucose as well as the low potassium and the ketones might be present in her urine because whatever caused the siezure made her incapable of using the insulin her body was producing? Or something. So they are monitoring overnight and re-evaluating in the morning, and treating her to bring the potassium levels back up. 

So basically, tomorrow I have to go literally surrender all the money in our bank account, for a second pay period in a row, two days after we got paid, and live on effing rice or something for hte next two weeks...AND our dog still might not make it. THey said there is likely an underlying cause to the seizure and the elevated glucose that we haven't found, so unless its just untreated diabetes we could still be looking at a crazy expensive situation. 
  • I’ve been having contractions in the evening, at night, and early morning all week. Like painful period cramp contractions. They’ve been all over the place in timing and duration and have just been fizzling out on their own. Luckily! It’s just annoying because my doctor wants me to get checked out when they happen and said if it’s during office hours to go in and get nst and ultrasound to check cervix. Of course it hasn’t been during office hours at all. And I don’t really want to waste my time just for them to fizzle our in the hospital. Ugh. I know she just wants to see what’s going on and make sure they’re real contractions (which I’m pretty sure they are). 

Anyone know when it is recommended to go in? Isn’t it 3-5 minutes? Or would that be too late? 
  • @paytonpedro something I read recently said if they are 10-12 minutes apart for an hour and you are preterm, you should go in. 
    paytonpedrogingerbride26
  • @SmashJam Man that sucks!! Hopefully she stabilizes overnight and they are able to determine a cause for all of this. 3-4k is a LOT of money and in that instance, I hope no one would make you feel guilty for not being able to spend that money on an uncertain outcome. Everyone has a limit to what they can spend and as much as we want to do everything for our pets, the reality is that few can actually reasonably afford such an expense. My personal advice is to do the best that you can but don't ruin your families budget and mental health. We all have our limits. *hugs*

@paytonpedro My OBs recommendation was timeable contractions less than 10 minutes lasting more than an hour. L&D extended that to over 2 hours but said if it was accompanied but spotting or ruptured waters to go in immediately. You can always call L&D to see what they say too, for additional guidance beyond your OB.
    paytonpedro
  • Sorry I missed some posts when I posted my bitching about my overwhelming to do list.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog and the finances! I have to say I can't have pets in my place but the additional expenses of having a pet have often been the reason why I didn't get one when I could. I know that it will change because DH really wants one!

@paytonpedro I also would say 10-12 minutes because from what I understand 5 and then 3 minutes apart mean labor. I hope it passes! 

My shower is tomorrow and I'm all sorts of meh about it. I don't even know why! Damn pregnancy hormones! Also I found out my friend who isn't coming never RSVP or got back to the hostess, like at all( and they know each other). She also never emailed my DH back when he sent a personalized email to some of my girlfriends to have them do something special for tomorrow (he ended up telling me about it, it wasn't anything Earth shattering, just something he wanted to collect from them). So he brought it up and said he was a little annoyed. Oh well! Just an off day I guess! Hoping to have fun tomorrow, I'm currently on Pinterest searching for a fun hair style.
    paytonpedro
  • wildtotwildtot member
    I visited a few coworkers at a different office today and they asked about when my shower was. I mentioned I wasn’t having one and so they start saying how their doing one and then they say that DH was organizing one as a surprise and blah blah. Although I wasn’t planning one and no one has mentioned one, I don’t believe anything they said and it’s a little saddening. Plus I know DH wouldn’t invite half of them so it’s all lies. 
  • Thanks everyone! That’s so good to know! I tried even looking it up but there is nothing out there for preterm. 
  • @paytonpedro I’ve always read 6 in one hour means you should call if you’re preterm. I’ve also been having them only at certain times. At night when I finally lie down to relax, early morning, and when driving home from work. They’ve never been timeable but sometimes I’ll get three really intense ones in a row and then nothing. They’re starting to hurt which is new. Also a ton of painful period like cramping late at night and first thing in the morning, and by the time I’m ready to call the doctor, it fades. it’s really frustrating. Im scheduled for a NST Tuesday anyway so I’m waiting it out unless things get crazy. 

@kissableviv I was totally not excited for my shower with my son, I had all sorts of anxiety that no one would come or people would be bored. It ended up being really nice though and I know yours will be too. And later tonight you’ll be looking at all the adorable baby clothes and it’ll all feel so much more real! 

@wildtot that’s really messed up, why would they say that if it’s not true? People are so obnoxious. I am not having a shower since I’m having my second boy 22 months apart, but I did briefly wonder if anyone would throw me a surprise sprinkle. But then I remembered all my friends (I only have a few) are way too wrapped up in their own lives to even think about it, so definitely not. Which I’m fine with. 
    paytonpedro
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 yeah I’m not and wasn’t really think i would even get one since they will be almost 27 months apart. There really is no need. All of our real close friends and family are out of state so it’s less expected. I personally wouldn’t throw one myself. 
    zande2016stillcozy
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited May 2018
    My mom told me she wants to throw me a shower for this baby after she found out I'm not having one. It's my second kid, both girls, so it's not like I need anything, she just wants to celebrate the baby, which I think is very sweet. HOWEVER, she is talking about inviting our whole family, which I don't really feel is appropriate. I don't want to get in a fight with her over it, but don't want to annoy everyone at the same time. I told my sister and she agreed with me, so I'm not sure whether to try and talk my mom down or just stay out of it...
    zande2016paytonpedro
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @cseley321 I’m guessing your having a big family? Or is it just drama you want to avoid? I think small gatherings are better but hey if you don’t have to do a thing or pay a penny then let her lol I have a big family and I would hate my mom do one because again it’s the whole family and I hate party planning with our family and hearing her complain about money (almost asking me to pay for stuff). 
  • @cseley321 maybe see if she can do more of a family get together to celebrate the baby as opposed to calling it a shower where everyone will feel like they have to bring gifts? People probably still will bring gifts but at least it sort of takes that expectation away and makes the purpose less about gifts and more about just getting together. 
    wildtot
  • It's not really a large family, but she is talking about inviting every aunt, cousin, etc. It just feels tacky
    wildtot
  • Great news @SmashJam!! :)<3
    Yasssss!!!!
    SmashJam
  • @SmashJam so glad to hear that! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

SmashJam
  • @SmashJam I missed the original post about your dog but I’m glad she’s better!!!
    SmashJam
  • @smashjam **happy dance** such great news!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

SmashJam
  • And846And846 member
    @runsomewhere i ordered a matching robes and swaddle set. Pricy but the fabric is like butter, the robe will be perfect for home and the swaddle can be used for car seat or stuffed in diaper bag after.

@SmashJam woohoo on your dog!  
    SmashJam
  • kissableviv how was the shower?
  • @babygagnon2018 it was great!my anxiety is at ease now lol. Although now I have wayyyyy too many clothes. Hehe.
    babygagnon2018
  • stlmegsstlmegs member
    @runsomewhere I ordered this robe from Posh Peanut because they were cheaper than Milk Maid and I actually liked this pattern better than anything I found on their site. 
    The next day one of my best friends found this on the Jane app and ordered it. Its not a 100%
    match but its close enough and I love that its a gown instead of a swaddle so she can wear it for a while :) 

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
    stillcozy
  • GUYS!  I know there is a shower thread, but just wanted to randomly share that I'm still reeling from the surprise shower my family and friends threw us this weekend!  It was beautiful, the theme was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and I was shocked.  This is my third so I was not expecting one at all, and I am just so appreciative!!! 

@TalesOfASocialIntrovert twice weekly NST do not sound fun!  I'll have to go weekly starting at 36 weeks.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
    morethanamamahillbillywife