July 2018 Moms
Options

Ask a STM- May Edition

Re: Ask a STM- May Edition

• Options
    @SmashJam i feel so stupid because i never know what the meme means lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SmashJam haha thank you! Wow i feel so stupid.
  • Options
    That is one of my favorite memes!!!  I  <3 JT!

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @wildtot I only recently found out what it meant. But now that I know, it's hysterical, and one of my favourites.  :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • Options
    Omg this makes me want to buy all the *NSYNC albums. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    And846And846 member
    That meme! It made my day! 
  • Options
    I was all prepared to put on my experience cap and answer some questions! But alas there are no questions. I also love that meme, and JT’s goofy smile lol. 
  • Options
    ckmb_1250ckmb_1250 member
    edited May 2018
    Ok I have a question  :) not necessarily for STMs but has anyone gotten the TDAP vaccine while pregnant? My Dr said at my next appt I could get it or decline it, and it's not something I've done any research on.
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    I haven't done my TDAP yet but probably will at my appointment tomorrow. It's pretty simple, never had any reactions and she usually does it on my butt so that's fun. 

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    I got the TDap booster last week at my 28 wk appointment. I also got it with my last pregnancy. As already mentioned highly encouraged to get it unless you have a medical reason. With DS DH, my in laws, parents, and our siblings got it before he was born since they were going to be around early on. It takes about 2 wks to build the immunity so it’s recommended to get early. Baby will get it’s immun through your shot until they can receive their own. 
  • Options
    I got the tdap at my last appointment too. My arm was sore for a day or two but it’s worth it. It would be really horrible to watch a newborn have pertussis. I’ve seen some videos of babies with it and it’s the most horrifying and sad thing ever. 
  • Options
    Ah, thanks! I did not know this was a thing! Now I'm trying to research all the vaccines that I need to make sure my husband has had  :D
  • Options
    I did some research once I found out about it and decided to get it. I always do some comparisons with the schedule they follow in Europe since I'm from there and they are advising the same for this. I got a booster 5 years ago but as mentioned I need it again to pass on to the babe. Hubby had it exactly 10 years ago so we'll go ahead and do it again. I'm checking with my mom and on laws since they'll be around a lot in the first weeks.

• Options
    Does anyone know if buy buy baby takes expired coupons? Mine expired yesterday but wanted to use that plus a gift card to get the Lille baby carrier :p
  • Options
    @kissableviv I am not sure, I know bed bath and beyond does and they're the same company so worth a shot. I have found that as soon as my buy buy baby coupons expire, they immediately send me a new one. So I basically always have one valid coupon in my inbox. 
  • Options
    kc1293kc1293 member
    @kissableviv unfortunately they do not. bed bath and beyond will still take expired ones, but not buy buy baby. you can always try though! when i tried, the cashier told me no, but the very nice lady behind had an extra one she let me have.

• Options
    @kissableviv , @kc1293 is right - buy buy baby does not take expired coupons.  You can sign up for text messages from them and get double or triple the amount of coupons though.  I get them in text, email and via mail.  They will also take current bed bath & beyond coupons, just not expired ones from them either.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @kissableviv you can also hit a bunch of Targets for their baby bags and get more coupons. I eventually had DH sign up too! Lol if you have expired ones you can go to bed bath and ask them to order it online for you and still apply the coupon. They offer sell the same items since they are the same company.
  • Options
    I got my TDAP today in my arm. Got it every pregnancy for the reasons already explained. Also got the rhogam shot today on my upper butt and that hurt like a bitch! More than I remember before. But the pain went away a few minutes later and it's fine now. I am O- so I get this shot regardless of DH's blood type, which just happens to be A+ so my children are all A+ too. Supposedly the difference in blood type has contributed to jaundice for my kids, and phototherapy for 4 days for DD.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie TDAP is the only vaccine that I’m aware of that they recommend for partners.  As someone else alluded to, my doc recommends anyone who will be around the baby regularly in the early months get it.  We asked both sets of grandparents to get it for DD since they live in our town and are around regularly.  Since they got it for DD they’re still covered and don’t have to get it again now.   
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 my grandma had Rh incompatibility with my dad and uncle. My aunt was fine (she is oldest and was the one that caused the sensitization) and then both my dad and uncle had severe he,olytic disease of the newborn and needed complete exchange transfusions after birth (pre-Rhogam era)! I hope you don’t have any jaundice problems this time around!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the coupon suggestions ladies, I have a bunch of bed bath and beyond that are still valid I think, when I get home I'm gonna turn into the coupon lady and score some deals!
  • Options
    My mom is also rh negative and needed the shot with her 4 pregnancies. I am a really bad person and don’t know my own blood type,
    but I figure I must be positive or else I’d have gotten rhogam. I hope...
  • Options
    @zande2016 I only know I am O- because of the prenatal blood work done for my first appt for each pregnancy. It's on my chart. My mom always thought I was O+!

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    I’m O+ and didn’t get the shot with DS. I haven’t been asked/tested yet (different OB) but I’m sure that’s coming up in an appointment. 
    On the comment of jaundice it’s actually pretty common for babies to have a few issues but resolves on its own in most cases. The pedi will keep checking it. We had to take DS out in the sun a few times day and was good within a week or two. I was born with jaundice too but was put under light for it during my hospital stay. 
  • Options
    Yeah I was vague about the jaundice issue with DD. It was explained to us that she was slow to respond to phototherapy because of our different blood types still in her body making it harder for her to break down the billirubin. We almost couldn't take her home on the last day because her levels were dropping so slowly. They suggested it would be harder for each subsequent baby but DS remained below the threshold for phototherapy every day until his jaundice fully cleared. Who knows this time.

• Options
    @zande2016 I only found out mine yesterday when I broke into my OB portal to see if I passed my GD test from Friday lol  A+
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't let anyone come into the hospital to visit unless they got their TDAP booster beforehand. I don't have a ton of family or anything, so the people who came were the same ones who would have contact with the baby during her first few months. Extreme? Maybe... I would rather be overboard cautious though when it comes to those things.
  • Options
    @cseley321 I don't think that's too extreme - I applaud your ability to enforce it.  We made our parents and siblings get it, but couldn't enforce with the rest of the giant in-law family (though our cousins that have kids <10 were good as well) - MIL kept inviting people over to our house to see the new baby without asking/telling us.  I would say def the most important thing is the booster for mom to pass on antibodies to baby and household, and then just be conscious of strangers/pass the baby within your power until LO can get their own shots.  There was an outbreak near me 5 or so years ago and whooping cough is absolutely no joke.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @cseley321 not extreme at all! Its probably one of my proudest moments of enforcing something to protect my babies so early on and i don’t give a crap if they complain about it. A lot of my family already work with kids so i usually don’t have problems with them other than bringing on other germs...bring out the gallon of hand sanitizer!!
  • Options
    I'm also super pro TDAP and got mine at 28 weeks. The studies of the efficacy for the newborns that were somewhat vaccinated through it vs those that did not have any exposure to me solidified the decision in my mind.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    There's actually an outbreak of whooping cough in our local high school right now. Crazy!  

I'm A+ and DH is O+.  I have no idea what DD is!

@wildtot - that makes complete sense about having someone at bed bath & beyond order online - I can't believe I never thought of that!!!
  • Options
    Is there a way to find out when DH last had the vaccine? His mom doesn't know where his shot records are and I can't tell you the last time he had it. He is in the military and has done a deployment and I believe they make you stay current just for military but prior to deployment I remember him getting a ton of vaccines (Which he was in Afghanistan so he had more than just the average.) So I'm assuming he is current on TDAP but want to be sure even though he won't be able to see the baby until 5 months due to work sending him away for 6 months starting in June.
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 - he can request his medical records from the military.  DH had to do that before DD was born.  He should do it soon though - it takes awhile to come in.  I feel like DH ended up deciding just to get another just in case.
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 idk why I didn't think about that! We only have a month before he leaves for 6 months, do you think the paperwork would be in with enough time for him to get the vaccine prior to him leaving?
  • Options
    Just got back from my ob appointment. Got the tdap vaccine. They made it VERY clear that anyone who will be around baby for the first few months, must have the vaccine. Most of my family has either had it within 10 years because of babies, work related requirements, or still being in school themselves (k-12). Dh is the only one who needs it. So off he will go to get the tdap asap. 

How many actually have/are doing kick counts daily? My ob was pretty adamant about me doing them.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker