December 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• Options
    mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited May 2018
    @morgantu
    I guess they have a high amount of resveratrol. No one told me anything about I just googled them when I started eating them and I was like hmmm... I saw words like miscarriage and contractions and got all freaked out.
  • Options
    @mamajudec2018 I just did a quick search and didn't really find anything that looked reputable. Maybe I'll just try not to eat a full bag a day lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @morgantu haha good plan!
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    Eating my 2 year old’s leftover chicken nuggets. #noshame
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited May 2018
    Cinnamon toast crunch is the only thing that doesn't sound awful right now, so...that's dinner?
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    Oh yeah and eggo waffles. Yum!
  • Options
    The last two weeks I have been eating hard boiled eggs in the morning (which is unusual for me) and now the thought of that makes me sick. 

Fresh fruit sounds good. Kiwi, cherries, watermelon. And crackers with cheese!
  • Options
    @sushilove15 I really want cheese and crackers now.
  • Options
    Macaroni and cheese from a box with Frank’s Red Hot sauce is my life.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    At my work desk with bag of tostitos lime chips and some roasted garlic salsa, and it's like the best thing I've ever tasted. <3 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    @katy0990 right?! I forgot about it and now I need it again haha. tried and true cheese and crackers! so simple yet so satisfying
  • Options
    Cheese and crackers are def my jam! LOVE. 
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited May 2018
    @trucksntutus I LOVE Tostitos lime chips! Gonna have to try to have some this weekend. Last weekend I literally *drank* some tomatillo salsa - I could not get enough. Paired with lime chips I might be in heaven. :)
  • Options
    @trucksntutus I LOVE Tostitos lime chips! Gonna have to try to have some this weekend. Last weekend I literally *drank* some tomatillo salsa - I could not get enough. Paired with lime chips I might be in heaven. :)
    I must say it's incredibly amazing! I've almost eaten half of the jar. :( Eeeeeek! Whoops.
  • Options
    @trucksntutus roasted garlic salsa sounds sooo good. I used to live off salsa, but it’s not mixing with pregnancy well. I’ve tried 3 different types (brands/flavors I know I’ve eaten & like) and they all taste bland. The most recent container even made me sick last night. But I still keep trying new ones because I’m so sad about it. What’s the definition of insanity? Lol 
    I might make some homemade and see if that’s better. I usually make it in the summer, I stop in the winter because of produce prices/effort. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 ugh that's awful!!! I just tried this one today by chance I saw it on the shelf. I love garlic. I usually lean more toward the black bean and corn salsas in general. 
  • Options
    @trucksntutus I might try other salsas. I made a really good mango & avocado one once. Black bean & corn might work too. Or using more of a pepper base & less tomato.

It’s funny (and sad) because I went in with some friends on a community garden plot. We talked about what we each want to grow, and I said “I just want to make salsa”- so we made sure to plant tomatoes, cilantro, onion, peppers, and now this baby doesn’t want anything to do with that  :D
  • Options
    Grocery store salad bar & watermelon juice. *drool*

Also, freshly picked strawberries from a local orchard. So. Good. But also some of the few foods that aren’t grossing me out. 

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @morgantu I talked to a nurse at my OB today and she said she's never heard of grapes being bad so if I want to eat a bushel with lunch, go for it!
  • Options
    @mamajudec2018 yayyyy!!!! Plus they'll be the perfect summer snack out of the freezer! 
  • Options
    @morgantu Definitely!
  • Options
    Guys, what are you having for dinner tonight? Everything sounds so terrible. I'm desperate for ideas!
  • Options
    @maureenmce we had buffalo chickpea burgers and garlic rosemary fries. If that doesn't sound good, yesterday was falafel and tomorrow is lasagna? 
  • Options
    @maureenmce DH made a simple pasta (egg noodles, our “homemade tomato sauce” with sausage & mushrooms). I feasted on a salad bar salad from the grocery store that was full of veggies. 

Honestly I haven’t felt this good in weeks. I’m totally getting another salad bar meal tomorrow. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @maureenmce I found this really simple recipe for mini enchiladas and we are going to try it tonight.
  • Options
    @maureenmce tonight’s is a thrown together, bastardized red curry pasta dish. Because I have red curry paste and chicken to cook. I also threw in random veggies (mostly carrot & onion). Hopefully it turns out better than it sounds! I don’t have coconut milk either, so I’m using regular milk. Tonight’s dinner is really just about using up food in my fridge. 
  • Options
    Tonight it was roasted salmon with a super delicious dijon-brown sugar glaze on top, along with roasted potatoes and green beans.

You all can guess how much my son ate.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions. I'm really struggling with the nausea tonight, so I think maybe roasted potatoes and green beans stolen from @PensiveCrayon 's menu sound safest. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Well, I saw my nutritionist today and I had some lab results back for various levels of things. My iron, folate, vitamin D and glucose levels are all great. BUT, my arachidonic acid/EPA ratio is more than double what it should be. Basically this is one of the omega-6 to omega-3 ratios and it shouldn't be as high as it is. I eat pretty clean at home, but we do eat out quite a bit. I can't really know what the restaurants are cooking with, and most of them cook with vegetable oils... so I'm now only supposed to eat out once a week. Between lunch and dinner, I was probably eating out 3-4 times a week regularly. :'( I'm so sad!

But, at least I can still eat whatever I want if I cook it from scratch using olive oil, butter, etc. No vegetable oils (which I don't have at home anyways). And more planning. Bleh.

Tonight I'm cooking ribs, making a salad, and quinoa. Then also pre-making a frittata for breakfast to see if eggs cooked a different way are ok for me. (I haven't been able to eat fried or hard boiled eggs lately. Ick, lol.)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer It does suck that most restaurants use vegetable oil :disappointed: I avoid the stuff too, and sometimes I request olive oil or peanut oil depending on the restaurant. Lately I'll admit that I've been all about commercial Italian salad dressing and I know it's awful for me. Maybe I'll be good tomorrow and just use olive oil & vinegar. Good luck taming that eating-out habit! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ya’ll... I ate the grossest thing for dinner but I was totally craving it. Not sure I could eat it again but it totally hit the spot. Mac n cheese with chopped up hot dogs, ketchup and relish. All mixed together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My body has been playing the fun game of "That sounds delicious! ... Never mind it makes me want to vomit". But the two foods that never sound gross to me are green apples (w/ nutella or PB, of course) and watermelon. So much watermelon.
  • Options
    @deutschmama I never thought of dipping apples in Nutella. You’re brilliant!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Cold strawberries were the only thing that helped my nausea last time. They were so good! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hbmama21 Mmmmm strawberries! I just had a bunch of strawberries chopped up with Greek yogurt and grain/oat free granola. :) I guess dinner will be super late tonight now that I just had a snack. Ha!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Craving soups lately, particularly Italian sausage and tortellini soup. Also a zesty chicken, rice and lime soup that I’ll be making! It’s in the upper 90s outside but I want soup  :p
  • Options
    Meat disgusts me right now, but a few odd things have been DELICIOUS. Sea salt and vinegar potato chips (heaven), spinach and artichoke dip, cream cheese, cheese and broccoli soup.  Food aversions and nausea suck, but I do appreciate how good some random things can taste when I start craving them.
  • Options
    Tonight I'm going out for my belated birthday dinner with the girls. I will be getting all the food! Calamari, flatbreads, and literally anything else that looks good on the menu! I am so starving all the time.  Today I am letting myself indulge!
  • Options
    ckonsciderckonscider member
    edited May 2018
    @omnommer FYI (and definitely double check this, I'm not a nutritionist), my understanding is that heated olive oil essentially becomes like vegetable oil -- it loses all of its healthy qualities.  For cooking, try to use ghee, butter, or animal fats- these are healthiest when heated.  Olive oil can be added (to much benefit) once food cools.

That said, my own disclaimer: since getting pregnant, ghee when heated smells awful to me.
  • Options
    @ckonscider Word! Anything meat is awful and anything with enough acid to start a battery is lyfe. 
    Pregnancy Ticker