October 2018 Moms

Gestational diabetes mamas

1234568»

Re: Gestational diabetes mamas

• I've heard Lily's is amazing!
  • Lily's stuff is great! Expensive but great! I also use the Atkins protein bars of the Kirkland protein bars. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking about going to find these today.....
  • Where do they sell them? I haven't seen them before..
  • nugget2ehfnugget2ehf member
    edited September 2018
    @jenniferthomas0246 I just found them at Sprouts!

ETA I just ate one little strip of the squares and tested after an hour to check what happened. I was only at an 87, which is even lower than when I just had lunch right before that. So heck yeah, bring on the chocolate!
  • I also got mine at Sprouts. Maybe Whole Foods would have them too
  • I also believe you can get them on Amazon.
  • Ok, I'll have to look around...we don't have a sprouts where I live...lol
  • How's everyone doing? I've had to move away from my original birth plan since I'm now on insulin - OB says this changes the monitoring during labor and we'll talk induction when we meet next week (baby is currently measuring right on). She'll let me go to 40 weeks but still good to know how induction can change the course of the birth - GDM has definitely taught me a lot about being flexible. So we'll schedule I think induction at 40+2. How are ya'll planning to have your baby? Anyone scheduling inductions as well? I can't believe it's already getting so close to that time. 
  • @beverlystevens my doctors have talked about inducing at 39 weeks. I’ve only ever been induced and have only had high risk pregnancies so I don’t know any different. Both my previous inductions have been medically necessary/semi emergency type situations so it’ll be nice if I can go in as a regularly scheduled one. 
  • @beverlystevens Yesterday, my doc said they likely wouldn't let me go past my due date, since I'm diet-controlled and everything is looking good. But we haven't scheduled anything yet. Of course I also hope she comes on her own.
  • @hannaht8516 definitely. I hope so too. 
    @mommy2ane how have the inductions/labor been for you in the past? f/x that it can be a regularly scheduled one! 
  • @beverlystevens my inductions have been the “oh shit! Your bp is too high! Go straight to L&D” type of induction. They were both during appointments. Not in a panicked voice of course, but yeah. At least with my 2nd I was prepared for it to happen. I wasn’t with my son at all. 
  • My doctor says we can schedule induction between 39-40 weeks. I'm thinking the 40 week mark, I'm just hoping she comes on her own at like 39.6 weeks!
  • I'm 33+6 today. All of my babies except for one were born at 36 weeks...my doctor is thinking he will come early too, so we will be doing the group be test next week just in case....plus he's been measuring 2 weeks ahead...we didn't talk about inducing but with GD and advance maternal age....we won't be going to 40 weeks regardless....
  • Checking in. I started NSTs two weeks ago. I hate them because my baby is super active and I end up stuck there for a long time because she moves away from the monitors too much. 

Saw the perinatologist yesterday. My blood sugars were great last time I saw her. Then the next day, for about a week, they started getting high. Then they went back to normal for a week, and then went up again. So we split my evening dose so now I take 3 injections a day, which is another adjustment. I'll see her again in two weeks and I think we'll do a growth scan at that point.

Saw my OB today, which was a really short appointment. Basically just keeping him up to date on everything. Even checking the heartbeat was kind of just a silly motion since I had just come from an NST. I'll see him again before the growth scan, so I don't expect my next appointment to be very exciting, either. And I've completely resigned to a RCS even if I do go early, because its going to be less stressful for the baby. 
  • @jwebbbber45678 cut a big slice and freeze for sure. It will still be delicious in a few weeks.
  • I'm having a moment of weakness! Since my diagnosis I haven't had a drop of white sugar and hardly any white flour. My husband bought my favorite German chocolate cake for my son's birthday and I sat there perfectly fine without even one bite while every one enjoyed it. But now I'm sitting here watching tv and I know it's in the fridge and it's driving me crazy! I just want a big ol slice and a cold glass of milk! I'm so sick of eating damn lettuce all the time! I'm thinking about putting the cake in the freezer and eating it in 2-3 weeks when baby is due.
    I know how you feel, I took the kids to a birthday party with ALL kinds of sweets and cupcakes! It was so hard not to eat at least a little but I resisted the temptation....luckily there is a SmallCakes litterally across the street from the hospital we are delivering at! Only 6 more weeks...only 6 more weeks...lol