August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 26-FEB

Re: Weekly Randoms 26-FEB

• Options
    lolog531lolog531 member
    edited February 2018
    Morning ladies! My app is still acting up - I signed out and back in multiple times, redownloaded it and nothing is working! It is so damn annoying! ETA And apparently TB keeps cutting off my comments again. They need to get it together!!!

It is supposed to be in the mid to high 50's today and I"m excited! Granted I'll be stuck inside at work all day, but hoping we can play outside a bit with DS when we get home. It has been a such a long, cold winter and I'm so ready for spring!!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @lolog531 when I was having issues with the app I switched to using mobile browser, and that was better. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s 5:45am and my hair is curled and I have makeup on. I don’t even know who I am anymore. 
    Second trimester energy is the bomb!!!

• Options
    Ahhh congrats to all on the boy/girl news!! How exciting!!!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I won't know what this baby is for more than a month. LAME. I have no strong feelings of what it is. Honestly, I wanted another boy at first but now I kind of think it might be a girl, and I'm a little hopeful for a girl because I'm not sure that we will have more than 2 kids. But I can't tell. With DS I knew he was a boy all along.  
  • Options
    I won't know what this baby is for more than a month. LAME. I have no strong feelings of what it is. Honestly, I wanted another boy at first but now I kind of think it might be a girl, and I'm a little hopeful for a girl because I'm not sure that we will have more than 2 kids. But I can't tell. With DS I knew he was a boy all along.  
    I couldn’t wait another month, hence my elective u/s lol 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    *TW*
    The June BMB had their first birth.  24w born about 4 days ago and doing ok so far. 
  • Options
    *TW*
    The June BMB had their first birth.  24w born about 4 days ago and doing ok so far. 
    Oh wow. That’s amazing. 
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife - where did you see it posted? Which thread?
  • Options
    I didn't actually see the thread, I have a friend in that group.  Pretty much have a friend in every BMB from my last BMB..... babies! 
  • Options
    I didn't actually see the thread, I have a friend in that group.  Pretty much have a friend in every BMB from my last BMB..... babies! 
    Oh. I gotcha. Thanks :)
  • Options
    @calimom2524 Awe good for him!  I refused the screen a couple times with my last pregnancy but then it became a PITA and I just gave up.  I was traveling a lot back then. 
  • Options
    I'm supposed to meet with my most problematic student's mother in five minutes and she didn't pick him up- his grandma did. I have a feeling she either forgot or is avoiding me because she knows I'm going to advise to remove him from the gifted program. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    Guyz. Dunkin’ Donuts Girl Scout Cookie flavours. Zomg. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So we had a terrible landlord two years ago, who tried to evict us the day after we moved in because of our dog (he knew we had the dog and that he was a certified ESA when we signed the lease). Since then, dealing with landlords gives me major anxiety. 

We've been in our current place for about a year and a half, and the landlord has seen our dog multiple times (and there's no anything in our lease about pets, and we informed him of our pets when we signed the lease). He came by yesterday to talk to my husband, and my dog got really excited and kept trying to get pets while we waited for my husband (my husband wasn't home yet). When my landlord talked to him later he mentioned to my husband that our dog was a lot bigger than he thought he was, but he's seen the dog a bunch of times. He's also been really not friendly when my husband has messaged him a few questions about work my husband is offering to do and pay for around the house.

Now I'm all paranoid our lease won't get renewed and we'll have to move with a two month old. I'm just trying to keep in mind that the landlord said we could paint the baby's room, so why would he do that if we were expected to move two months later? But ugh. I can't wait until we don't have to deal with a landlord. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @derbysquirrel - I hope you enjoyed your PG rated facial lol! And those are awesome deals!

@calimom2524 - aw! Someone taught the 20-somethings well!

I was in another office for my meeting this morning and caught up with a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while. I was talking to a few of them and mentioned that I would be handing off some projects starting in July because I'll be going out in August for maternity leave. They were all happy and congratulatory (I'm super obviously showing so they were being polite) but it felt nice to not have the eyes sweep down to my belly and back up and pretend like you're not being judged.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 I think I’m going to have a similar situation tomorrow. We host an all staff meeting and I have to get up and talk. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been to or main campus so while everyone in my location knows I’m pg, a lot of people there don’t so I feel almost super nervous getting up in front of everyone making a silent proclamation hahha 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 - I totally get being nervous! Good luck tomorrow!

I changed outfits like 13 times this morning. I ended up going with the one that made me look the most pregnant lol! That way once one person figured it out the rumor mill would take over and I could just smile and thank people politely lol!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 Good for you!  For some reason this time I hate any shirt that feels like it's touching me- which is like every maternity shirt from last time. 
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 That's how I am every day now lol. I realized that in normal shirts I look like I'm just chubby, but maternity shirts with ruching on the sides (plus yoga pants) makes me look totally pregnant, so I've been choosing those every day. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 - I totally get being nervous! Good luck tomorrow!

I changed outfits like 13 times this morning. I ended up going with the one that made me look the most pregnant lol! That way once one person figured it out the rumor mill would take over and I could just smile and thank people politely lol!
    Good idea! I’ll do that. Bump out and proud!
  • Options
    Now that I have my NIPT back and will be 14 weeks tomorrow I am dying to tell work so I can stop attempting to hide my bump.  But my boss is on vacation this week, and I feel like I should tell him first.  Boo.
  • Options
    delujm0 said:
    Now that I have my NIPT back and will be 14 weeks tomorrow I am dying to tell work so I can stop attempting to hide my bump.  But my boss is on vacation this week, and I feel like I should tell him first.  Boo.
    Can you send him an email? I did that with my principal. Far easier! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 That's how I am every day now lol. I realized that in normal shirts I look like I'm just chubby, but maternity shirts with ruching on the sides (plus yoga pants) makes me look totally pregnant, so I've been choosing those every day. 
    Ditto!! I'm slowly realizing that if I wear maternity clothes I actually look pregnant instead of just frumpy and like I've gained weight. we've reached the point we just need to embrace it! :)
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @dirtanddiamonds fab!!! New carpet just gives a room a whole new life! We need to replace carpet in two rooms, I need to get on it ASAP. I’ve never had carpet before...anything special I need to know? Something about the different padding you can put underneath???

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds so exciting! We’re getting new carpet soon as well! 

+1 for wearing maternity clothes and rocking my bump! 
  • Options
    Pity party for one! I didn’t fall asleep last night until almost 1:00 am and DS was up at 5:15! Waahhhhh! Why does this child not sleep in?!?!