August 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions 2/19

12346»

Re: Weekly Questions 2/19

• I have a question for the bump OG's 

Since I've only been around here a couple years I am clueless about the post it talk. Can someone fill a newb in? 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Speaking of budget fauxtogs. This is a website all about it. And some are hilarious. 

https://youarenotaphotographer.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • @dirtanddiamonds aaaaand new favorite website.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @melprop @livinthesunnylife H went from temp worker to permanent, and in 2016 I had FMLA leave for E, so 12 weeks unpaid. Other than that, we should have had everything the same. My state and federal are both a lot smaller with holdings than they were.

Our district has about 500 people, so I’m pretty sure she is the person who actually does everything. I’ll have to call in Monday. She has seriously messed up before, so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• What should I look for in a daycare?
  • brzvice said:
    I have a question for the bump OG's 

Since I've only been around here a couple years I am clueless about the post it talk. Can someone fill a newb in? 
    Basically if you think someone is crazy/drama/catfish you write their name on a post it and keep it on your computer to remember to watch out for them. But mostly used in a figurative way of late seeing as most people are on mobile.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @ropemaker check your local licensing authority to see how their inspections turn out.  It's typically some sort of health and human services department or child welfare department.  Also check the better business bureau for complaints.  Other than that when you do a site visit ask to get a copy of their handbook so you know their policies on all sorts of stuff.  That gives you a starting point if you've never used a daycare.  
  • @ropemaker  huge question!  I think there are lists out there?  Aside from the obvious (qualified staff, clean, babies seem well taken care of).... security- how do you access every day, how do they make sure nobody comes and grabs your kid?  How do you pay- monthly? Weekly?  I pay daily at our daycare with no limit on the number of “vacation” days he can have and it saves a TON.  I don’t know what climate you live in, but how many snow days did they have this year and what’s their process for notifying parents?  What do they provide vs you have to bring?  Diapers, wipes, food?  Our daycare had an in house chef and it saves me hours not having to prep his food for him.  
  • @ropemaker local mom's boards offer good first hand experiences. We interviewed a few people before we decided on our in home center. She was state regulated so has to adhere to certain codes and limit how many children she could watch. I asked about discipline procedures, schedules, sick days, snow days etc. 
  • @ropemaker if you plan to breastfeed I’d ask a ton of questions around that. Is it open door policy that you could come nurse at lunch? What do they do with leftover breastmilk? Are they pace-feeding (most important!)? 
  • I'll ask a total non pregnancy related question.... do any of you have a washer/dryer set that you love?  We need to buy a new set.  I'm looking for top load washer with agitator!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @Funnygirl34 We just bought a new Electrolux set last November that I absolutely love, but they're front loaders. It's so nice with the higher speed spin to not spend hours drying all the moisture that never spun out of my old washer. And to be able to fit our king size comforter in it is pure magic. 

That said, I have a very low opinion of newer Maytag's. I've had two Maytag top load washers, both brand new, break within a year of purchase. Bought the first one, when it broke they replaced it once after much bitching, and that one broke. So I finally said to heck with it and when my grandma got a new washer a month or so later because it "smelled", I took it. It was a 25yo Maytag and it lasted us 10 more years, till it finally broke for good last fall. Kinda sad, I was going to make it my gross diaper/dog bed machine. So caveat emptor with Maytag imho.

My mom has had really good luck with and really likes her Whirlpool Cabrio set. 

Just peruse Consumer Reports and ask a trusted repairman.  ;)
  • I'll ask a total non pregnancy related question.... do any of you have a washer/dryer set that you love?  We need to buy a new set.  I'm looking for top load washer with agitator!
    We got a new set for our new house last year, lg front loaders. Love!!!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Daycare really depends on what you want. 

Hours? Does it fit your schedule, vaca time, holidays, snow days? Can you do part time if that’s what you need? Ask about how they feed bf babies, it should be different. How much milk do they expect a fb baby to take in 8 hrs, are they ok with you coming in to nurse midday (even if you don’t want to - though if you can I recommend - how they respond to it) - if you plan to nurse.

ages in the room and who/how many teachers, what’s backup support look like. 

For yoursekf you need to decide if you want in home, center, nanny etc. pros and cons to all. Cost. 
    When do kids move up and how do they transition them? Visit and stay awhile and observe. Your gut will tell you the right fit.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w