October 2018 Moms

Baby names!

Re: Baby names!

• norahkate said:
    @coffee-saur our oldest son is Jackson Brown. No E, but otherwise the same as the singer (not named for by any means, just that we liked that name and decided we were okay with it). some people comment, but not as many as i expected. he did come home from his first day of 7th grade the other day grinning because a teacher called out "world-renowned singer-songwriter..." and he raised his hand (not that he listens to a lot of jackson browne, but more proud i think to catch the teacher's reference). :wink:
    I actually love Jackson brown and was about to suggest Jackson to Dh this time around until I remembered how popular it is now! Of course usually spelled some funky way too.
  • @HoosOnFirst I saw a Jakxsen the other day...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennybean80 I'm not usually one to speak on how someone is gonna sell their kids name BUT that's a bit much.. I feel like it can't be pronounced right
  • When we chose Thomas Jeffrey I asked DH if it was too close to Thomas Jefferson. We decided it wasn’t since he will rarely go by his first and middle name (unless of course he’s in trouble) and we plan to call him TJ.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • When we chose Thomas Jeffrey I asked DH if it was too close to Thomas Jefferson. We decided it wasn’t since he will rarely go by his first and middle name (unless of course he’s in trouble) and we plan to call him TJ.
    In case this matters, TJ is a nickname for Thomas Jefferson - at least if you are from northern Virginia (it’s a local big high school) or went to UVA (which Jefferson founded)!
  • Lisa3379 said:
    All this famous name talk reminds me of a couple. I had a student named Robert Smith a few years ago, and he was totally aware of the fact that the frontman of The Cure has the same name. He said he also liked the band - being a big fan of them, we got along great, haha. 

Another one: I had a classmate in high school Spanish named Robert E. Lee. Our teacher called him “the general” all year long.  :D
    I have a friend named Robin Williams. Born in the 80s.
  • @knottieamusements I shouldn’t be laughing as hard as I am :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Yay I can finally post again!!!
    We’re still stuck on a middle name. DH hasn’t budged on Jaxson (Jax) for his first name and I can’t come up with anything else that’s not the same name as someone one of us can’t stand so... Curtis (DHs name) is an option but then there’s Curtis Jackson but I don’t think it’s a huge deal. Not like we’re major 50cent fans... Other options: DH loves Wyatt and I don’t. I love Levi he hates someone by that name. Ugh. I really want a name that actually means something like a family or biblical name. Can’t name him afternoon my dad because Joseph (Joe) doesn’t really fit. Please send help!! Anyone have any biblical or strong traditional names that go with Jaxson?? 
  • @knottieamusements I laughed way harder than I should have at that  :D
  • jynjer91 said:
     Yay I can finally post again!!!
    We’re still stuck on a middle name. DH hasn’t budged on Jaxson (Jax) for his first name and I can’t come up with anything else that’s not the same name as someone one of us can’t stand so... Curtis (DHs name) is an option but then there’s Curtis Jackson but I don’t think it’s a huge deal. Not like we’re major 50cent fans... Other options: DH loves Wyatt and I don’t. I love Levi he hates someone by that name. Ugh. I really want a name that actually means something like a family or biblical name. Can’t name him afternoon my dad because Joseph (Joe) doesn’t really fit. Please send help!! Anyone have any biblical or strong traditional names that go with Jaxson?? 
    Timothy, David, Isaiah, Isaac, Alexander, Henry, Edward, Cole, Robert
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jynjer91
    Jaxson Isaac
    Jaxson Mathew
    Jaxson Morgan
    Jaxson Tyler
    Jaxson Paul 
    Jaxson Samson 
    Jaxson Thomas
  • @knottieamusements that's too funny! I love it
  • We know it is a boy and decided on the name Taiton Daye, however even if it was a girl, she was going to have the same name just spelled differently...
  • Oooh Clark! I’m gonna add that to my list!
  • This is getting ridiculous. The more we talked about Luca we decided we weren't actually really sold on it, and Logan Trent is not just grabbing me like I wish it would. We're still talking about different names and nothing has really struck us as right yet. It's tough cuz with each one of our other 3 kiddos we found one that just clicked.  We've been trying that baby name app someone suggested a long time ago and we're finding names we like,  just not love. We found the name Ronan and its bouncing around here, we might get sold on that one yet. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • We have finally decided on our two names!
    if baby is a girl: Nellie Ann
    if baby is a boy: Rory John 
  • @coffee-saur Logan was on our list but it’s SO SO popular right now we nixed it. If you aren’t feeling it, I’d ditch it for that reason. 
  • @HoosOnFirst I saw that too, so  it was part of why I was having a hard time with it. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • This is getting ridiculous. The more we talked about Luca we decided we weren't actually really sold on it, and Logan Trent is not just grabbing me like I wish it would. We're still talking about different names and nothing has really struck us as right yet. It's tough cuz with each one of our other 3 kiddos we found one that just clicked.  We've been trying that baby name app someone suggested a long time ago and we're finding names we like,  just not love. We found the name Ronan and its bouncing around here, we might get sold on that one yet. 
    Whats the app? This poor kid is not named yet either.  I wanted to buy some personalized blankets but you can't do that if the kid doesn't have a name!  The first two we kind of agreed and this one is just nowhere near agreeing on anything.  Benjamin was our maybe but it's a default name not a name we actually really like.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @tropical1982 on my Apple it's called BabyName
     BabyName - find it together by Do Something Good https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/babyname-find-it-together/id950562312?mt=8
     See if that works. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • We also have no baby name still... not even any viable options.  It's starting to really bother me.

image        image

• ^^ same here. And only a few weeks to figure it out. 
  • @mytrueloves so funny enough I was actually thinking of you the last few days as I was curious if the current hurricane situation would change your name choice! It's a tough one because a year from now nobody will make the association, but being due right when its hitting must be annoying! 

Marjorie is equally as beautiful, I love it <3
  • @mytrueloves I was thinking of you too! That's such a hard situation. One of my BFF's from middle school's name was Katrina and she had to deal references to the hurricane all the way through highschool even. LOVE Marjorie! 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Ok...with 2.5 weeks left, I think we have FINALLY named this baby!!  Weston Price. Price is my mother’s maiden name. Weston is just the ONLY name out of 5 billion that DH and I have agreed on.  Is this name popular where you all are??
  • @HoosOnFirst I love Linus and don’t see any red flags. 

@midwestmom12 I only know one Weston and don’t think it’s trending in my area. I think it’s a great name. 
  • Linus is super sweet. I personally love it.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @midwestmom12 I like Weston! I don’t think it’s overly popular, I don’t know anyone in my area with the name. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @midwestmom12 Weston was on our list last time and we were considering it this time if we were having a boy. I dont know anyone with that name in my area.