October 2018 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @Lisa3379 I was hesitating, but here I am!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! I got my BFP one week ago. This will be my second baby. My first is a 2.5 year old boy, Ethan. He is so sweet and fun. I’m a stay at home mom, plus I work from home while Ethan’s sleeping as an online English teacher. I was a first grade teacher before Ethan was born and I don’t miss it at all! Haha! My husband also works from home full time. I’m excited to be part of another bmb. I’m still in contact with a lot of my A15 mamas through a Facebook group now. 
  • Hi all! Looks like I go here. This will be kid #3 for us. I'm surprised. We were NTNP and tbh still working through my feelings about this pregnancy. I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I'm a SAHM from MA, and our first two are both girls, ages 3 and 15 months. I will be team finding out ASAFP. Due 10/26. I love sci-fi, the Pats, the Bs, USC football (H's alma mater), sewing, and jigsaw puzzles.

TW
    Our first pregnancy was ectopic, so I'm nervous about that.
    End TW

I lurked my first BMB (Jan '15) and was/am active in my second (Nov '16). Can't wait to get to know you all! Also today is my H's birthday and I'm losing my mind not talking about this to everyone who's at my house right now. I've only known about this nugget for 4 hours and I already miss wine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf omg you’re my kind of lady. I missed wine the minute that second line appeared! I got through is no problem once before with my daughter so I know we can do it again...or at least that’s been my mantra haha
  • ditto on the wine!! And my husband is a major wine nerd so it is all over my house! Tear
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Congratulations ladies! I'm 31 years old, married and this is my first pregnancy. EDD is Oct 9th 2018. Residing in the GTA in Ontario. Currently 5 weeks, 5 days. Cannot wait to be on this journey and praying and hoping for a healthy, smooth pregnancy.
  • @reeen welcome! There are a few of us GTA ladies here and we all seem to be due really close together! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @mygoodlucycat, there seems to be a lot of us from MI!
  • ashin121ashin121 member
    edited February 2018
    Hi! Like some here, I'm cautiously introducing myself but encouraged by others who have said they are just going to enjoy it and not worry. 

I'm 34 and dh is 36. Our son just turned 2 yo a couple days ago. Got a bfp on 2/2. EDD is 10/15. 
    Live in Michigan and working full time as a pharmacist.

**TW: had 3 miscarriages last year. Four total including the one before my son. Had a CP last month too. The fourth mc, they did testing and everything was chromosomally normal and a girl. So we don't know what's going on. No fibroids or anything abnormal with me or my husband. End TW**

We are staying positive. My son just grew out of alot of his food allergies (grew out of dairy, eggs, sunflower, chickpeas. Now only allergic to all nuts).   we are taking that as a good sign. Definitely less stressful. 

Hoping to go through this adventure with all of you. Pregnancy makes me have insomnia and it looks like it hit early this time so this app helps me a ton! :)
  • Good day! It took me a bit to be able to introduce myself, as this was a bit Of a surprise.  I'm due 10/16 with my second. I'm a mix of cake decorator, pastry and savory cook and love painting and playing with my insane 5 year old. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not much of a poster, but I've found lurking for the past few days to be helpful, so I thought I'd say something. :)

I'm 33, and this is my first pregnancy. About 6 weeks along. I've wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember, and we are both really excited. The fella's birthday was over the weekend, so I bought him a "Happy Birthday Dad" card, and that was how I told him the good news.

We moved from Chicago to California (Bay Area) last fall. I'm a photographer (sports, specializing in figure skating, and portraits) and I've been nannying part-time to fill in the gaps until I can build my business out here. I love traveling and trying new beers...well...that's on hold for a while now!
  • edited February 2018
    Hello ladies, my name is Melissa and this is my 3rd pregnancy. So excited and hoping everything goes well
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 30 and pregnant with my first baby. Started TTC at the beginning of January after coming off Cirelle at the beginning of December. Very blessed to have conceived in the first month and I'm praying for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby. Good luck to everyone on your pregnancy journey. 
  • I am a first time mom due Oct 18th. My husband and I live with our crazy dog in Virginia. We are very excited and doing some major projects around the house. I am an elementary teacher (currently trying to hide my frequent bathroom breaks and find some energy). Glad to be here and looking forward to the new adventure!
  • edited February 2018
    Hello mommies! Congratulations everyone we made it. This is my first time pregnant and I have no idea what all the abbreviations mean- I hope I can still be accepted? ;) 
    Time cant seem to go fast enough, I can’t wait for week 12, somewhat safer zone and I won’t have to make excuses for a) not drinking b)not skiing c)not eating all those items in the list d)disappearing mid work hours to sleeeeepppp. 
    I’ve joined a spreadsheet someone created- thank you it’s awesome. 
    Xx
  • @mesamyt Hi! Fellow Jan 16 mom here
  • Hi O18!

I just found out today that I’m pregnant again, STM and our DD is 17 months right now. Totally unplanned and way wrong timing, but life has a funny way of doing that to you. My EDD is 10/20, I had pre-e and delivered at 36+6 via emergency c-section. I’m hoping to avoid all of that and just have a normal planned c-section, but also maybe considering attempting a VBAC though the thought terrifies me.
  • Hi Ladies!

Looks like I am due October 21st! Eeeep! My husband and I were told we couldn’t conceive naturally about 6 years ago. We had our son (3) and thought we were done because I didn’t want to feel all the feels TTC again. Well, here I am! Lol! Seems we did something right last month. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi Everyone!! 

I'm so excited to join this board!!! DH (44) and I started TTC Feb 2017, a month before our wedding. We finally went to fertility in October and started Menopur in January 2018. We had our first IUI on the 20th and got out BFP on the 3rd on Feb!!!! I'm just beyond ecstatic!!! I turned 36 on the 8th and it was the most amazing birthday knowing our little poppyseed (Poppy is his/her nickname now
  • Hello everyone! I got my bfp at 12dpo and am about 3-4 weeks. According to theBump my edd is Oct 17ish but I will get an official one if things go well. I got hcg back its at 54 at 14dpo so I am being cautiously optimistic. I have PCOS and took Metformin and Soy to ovulate. I have one DD shes 20 months currently was born in June 2016 but my last BMB was July 2016 as she came early. I was very involved there but my group had a bit of a falling out if you will. I don't know if I will participate much yet until I get a heartbeat, with my PCOS I am scared to get too excited. I will be lurking though and hoping to be more involved. :smile:
  • @ninji15 I'm a PCOSer too. I'm convinced metformin is how we got pregnant. I figure, the trick was supposed to be getting pregnant, so now that we are I'm trying not to worry too much! My husband had a vasectomy reversal, so we really had our odds stacked against us.
  • @sammierose464 Oh wow! It sounds like Met really helped for sure! I wasn't ovulating or getting a period without it, once I got upped to 2000mg a day I was pretty regular. I took soy like clomid to increase chance of O before actually starting clomid again and bam! Here I am. I have been on met since mid 2015. I just stayed on it for my whole first pregnancy, breastfeeding/exclusive pumping, and now this! I am definitely trying not to worry, I am hoping my OB will let me have some progesterone sups to ease my mind as I did have them last time. We shall see!
    Fx for a healthy 9 months for both of us! PCOS is a bitch. Are you staying on met through this pregnancy? 
  • @ninji15 I do plan on staying on it since it helps regulate my weight. I've been on it for about 3 years now too for insulin resistance. I was at 2000mg I've gone down to 1500 because 1000 in the am was too much for me. I've been extremely regular (almost exactly 4 week cycles) since I went off bc in September.
  • @ninji15 and @sammierose464 I have PCOS and got pregnant by going on MET as well! Been trying for 2 years and finally went to a clinic in October. It helped me lose 10lbs in three months. It really helps with my hunger, before I was ALWAYS hungry no matter what I ate or did. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @chyvie and @sammierose464 It makes me so happy to see fellow PCOSers here! Met really is an amazing thing, especially for us. :smiley:
    Its also helped my hunger as well, but I haven't lost weight sadly. Especially since DD. I need to adjust my diet more I am sure! 
  • I lost a lot of weight initially, but I was also severely limiting my carbs. 
  • Carbs are my weakness! 
    Curious do we stay on met for the entire pregnancy? 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• chyvie said:
    Carbs are my weakness! 
    My endo said it was fine to stay on it, but I think it depends on why you're on it. For me, it does more than just my cycle, so I will.
  • chyvie said:
    Carbs are my weakness! 
    My endo said it was fine to stay on it, but I think it depends on why you're on it. For me, it does more than just my cycle, so I will.
    I plan to stay on it the whole time as well and for breastfeeding. It regulates me so well and it supposedly helps prevent GD. 
  • chyvie said:
    Carbs are my weakness! 

You guys might consider starting a monthly PCOS thread if you don’t think joining the existing PAIF thread is appropriate (pregnancy after infertility).  There are a few other threads for ladies who have overcome specific challenges. 
  • Hi there ladies!!! My name is Desirae. I am 25 years young and I’m so excited to be here in this group. We just found out yesterday with a Home test that we are expecting another little one. I have 1 son Rilan from my previous relationship who is 7 years old and in that mouthy no listening stage

• You guys might consider starting a monthly PCOS thread if you don’t think joining the existing PAIF thread is appropriate (pregnancy after infertility).  There are a few other threads for ladies who have overcome specific challenges. 
    That's a good idea if others are interested? I don't consider myself having struggled with infertility, we got pretty lucky.
  • @rvamom7 I’m a teacher in VA too! Welcome! Congrats!!
  • @sammierose464 I would be interested! I did clomid and met for my first after 1 year of trying then after 6 months tried something different this time so I don’t feel like I belong much in that group either. Not when others have struggled so much more anyway.
  • Hey ladies! I'm Nicole and I'm 28, SO is 49 and this is our second together. Our son is 16 months old.  We live in central NJ. According to the Bump  I'm 7 weeks with an edd of Oct 2, but I have my first appointment the 23rd and hopefully things are well and I'll get a date then. I have an irregular cycle due to PCOS. (I'd definitely be interested in a PCOS thread mentioned above if others are!) I was just a lurker on the o16 bmb but I'm definitely looking forward to being active here! 
  • acdc1109acdc1109 member
    edited February 2018
    Hello everyone!  I'm 28, DH is 27 and our DS will be 2 in May!  We also have 4 furbabies: Miles and Charlie are our cats and Dexter and Bennet are our furry goldens!  I love reading, watching sports, and pretty much all things Disney! (I'm totally going to check out that geeky moms thread!) Due date is October 19th. 
  • Hi everyone! I am 6 weeks +2 with my first. Edd is Oct 8 and I will turn 35 before then. DH turns 39 a couple months before baby gets here. We are very excited and we are considering team green!

We also have 3 fur babies, all cats. I am trying to get as much reading done before baby arrives because I know reading time will be limited for a while.

So far we haven't shared the news with anyone. I have an appointment Friday with my primary and will get scheduled with OB then. After that I will probably start telling my inner circle.

I don't know how long I can go without telling my sister and another friend of my husband's as we spend time together a lot. My EDD is actually the day before my sister's birthday and I am excited to tell her. 

Honestly I don't feel pregnant yet. Good news is I am not having major symptoms so far so I am trying to enjoy this part of my pregnancy. I am sure as I progress, things could change.

Happy to be here and congrats mommies!