TTC After a Loss

January TWW

Re: January TWW

• @acciocoffee TWW sucks. I have FINALLY figured out that all of my "symptoms" are from progesterone, even my early pregnancy symptoms when I was actually ku, they were from progesterone. I figured this out last cycle on clomid (I think I'm producing more progesterone in these clomid cycles based on my temps before I start the supplements) using my progesterone suppositories and not actually getting ku. Fatigue, swollen boobs, nausea, moodiness, are all just from the progesterone. Kind of a bummer and yet I know I will probably still talk myself into testing early when I have a wave of nausea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm good - always relaxed in the TWW which most people are not.  AF should come this weekend.  Just waiting the pre AF spotting to start.  The last 2 cycles I've had the lightest little bit of spotting right around the time normal implantation would be then it stopped.  So far haven't had that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @zamora_spin Progesterone is one tricky biotch, isn’t it? Every damn month I get all excited when a new symptom develops...only
    for it to be a false alarm courtesy of progesterone. Blah.

AFM, I’m full-on freaking out. Spotting since 7dpo, but my progesterone that day was the highest it’s ever been (thank you clomid). Continue spotting and see my RE yesterday (10dpo). He has no explanation for the spotting other than cervical ectropion and my progesterone is even higher (28.1) when they do blood work. RE says it’s definitely not AF with progesterone that high. The spotting has been a watery light red and brown (sorry, TMI) but then this morning it’s heavier, bright red and clotting so I figure it’s a period. Of course, I panic and call RE again. I left a message and am waiting for them to call back when I realize the bleeding has all but stopped/returned to really light red spotting. So yeah, I’m just over here having a complete meltdown and googling the most insane things. NBD. 
  • @cassafrass15 How frustrating! Do you usually spot during the TWW? Have you POAS? 
  • @zamora_spin I usually spot 1-2 days before AF, if that, but nothing like this. I’ve peed on all the sticks and RE did a blood test yesterday - negative (10dpo). RE still wants me to continue with progesterone supps and beta on Thursday. Having all these bizarre symptoms, unlike anything I’ve ever seen before, is a unique kind of torture. I just want AF to start or nah. 
  • @cassafrass15 Argh. Well I always hope when something is different it is 'good different', so I'm hoping it is implantation bleeding (never had that myself and have heard many differing reports on what it is like). Fx you get an answer soon, limbo is the absolute worst. 
  • Oh I'm so glad I'll never have to use prog again. Mine has never been low enough to use and my re says I won't have to.  I tried it one tww and it made me spot a good week prior to AF coming.
  • @acciocoffee I'll join you in the "I'm insane" group. I keep symptom spotting and pretending I'm seeing lines on my cheapies which has me going crazy. There are no lines though, I'm just trying to invent them. 
    @galactickates That gif!  :D
    @zamora_spin That is really interesting about the progesterone. What a mindf*ck to have all those symptoms every cycle and not know if it was from the progesterone or a pregnancy. That's good you've finally figured it out though so it (hopefully) won't make you SS as much during the TWW.
    @cassafrass I'm so sorry for your stressful spotting. I hate when cycles are different and throw you for a loop. FX you get an answer soon. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @zamora_spin Thank you! And here’s hoping you have no fake-out symptoms this cycle, only real ones.

@offtoneverland Thanks! Hope your cycle is going well. Are you WTO or TWW? I can’t wait for this TWW to be over...my thumb actually hurts from all the SS googling on my phone. 
  • @offtoneverland That will be me this weekend. I'm supposed to go out for margaritas Sunday night so I know I will be testing and searching that thing for invisible lines like a crazy person. 
  • @zamora_spin Yes, progesterone is the cause of those early symptoms in pg and before af. I get them pretty bad too, and it drove me crazy. Still does, but at least I have a better understanding of what’s going on.
    @offtoneverland The cheapies are so dangerous! My new lot show a slight evap/shadow line and they nearly put me over the edge last cycle when af was a couple days late. 
    @cassafrass15 FX for the weirdness being a good sign, or at least that things return to normal for you next cycle. 

Trying to decide whether to POAS tomorrow morning (12dpo). At that point I might as well wait for af, though. My OB’s office still hasn’t called me back to move my hysteroscopy- waiting for a call from the scheduler since Thursday! I’m pretty over them at this point, but it would probably take a while to get the test done if I moved to another practice so I’m putting up with it for now lol. Hopefully the RE office is a better experience. 
  • Is CD11 too early to O?  I typically have 25 day cycles. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • @bel194 CD11 isn't too early. Do you usually track and know when in your cycles you O? You could O CD11 and have a 14 day LP, giving you a 25 day cycle, or you could just be O'ing a bit early this month. I have O'd anywhere from CD12-25. 
  • 51 new posts in TWW and not a single bfp? Ladies, I am soooo disappointed!! Hahahaha. AFM, work has kept me AWOL here but still thinking of you! 
    I also had to work this weekend during the shutdown, the Marines I was seeing were scheduled to deploy so they had some special waiver and would still get paid...
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka I'M TRYING! lol but seriously, we need some good news around here soon.
  • @cassafrass15 I'm TWW, but had a tiny bit of spotting today so I think AF is on her way. I'm not too disappointed though as now I can start testing. Plus I just really really wanted a beer and I'm happy I get to drink one now that the TWW is (pretty much) over.
    @lin0442 What cheapies do you have? My newest batch of Wondfos shows the very slightest little indent/evap (whatever you call it) and it threw me for a loop thinking it was really a line! I'm always on the side of testing because I just want to know, but good for you if you can hold out! Hope you get your hysteroscopy scheduled soon. 
    @acciocoffee I had to force myself to throw away my tests because I kept going back to them every 15 minutes checking if I could see something this time. Ugh! I wasn't so crazy last TWW but this time I had some symptoms that made me think I was ku, so I started obsessively testing. FX for you when you test on Sunday!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited January 2018
    After telling myself I did not need to buy more tests (I have a healthy supply of Easy@Home, iProven, and two FRERs) I bought myself a box of Osoms. So. I have problems. 
    eta - I need a meme of a somewhat deranged woman with a literal cart full of pregnancy tests. That is me. 
    @offtoneverland I had the nastiest indents on FRER last cycle. One of them was especially bad and I kept going back to it all day to stare at it. It didn't have color though, that's how I knew to be suspicious. I'm not sure I've ever really had evaps on Wondfo/Easy@Home, but I know others have. 
  • @zamora_spin Honestly, I don't know if the line was even there. I mean, I really thought I saw a slight line, but it was only with the correct lighting and if I squinted enough, lol. But even looking at the tests before I peed on them, I can see very faint lines where both lines are supposed to be, so maybe they're just weird tests. They also don't work after holding them in urine for 3 seconds, which is odd. It doesn't run through all the way so I have to hold them in a little longer, which made them a little streaky and weird. I'm with you on having lots of tests. I bought several FRERs at the store a few days ago, plus I have those weird bluetooth tests we talked about, and a nice supply of Wondfos. So you're not alone! I've never heard of Osoms. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @zamora_spin I actually had what I would call a false positive from a FRER back in June (before we were technically etc) and I haven't bought them since. It was probably just an indent that caught some light color, but it was pretty disappointing when I took a second test and it was clearly negative. 
  • I have a feeling one of you ladies on clomid will get a bfp soon. I'm awaiting AF this weekend.
  • @lin0442 Yay! Congrats! H&h 9 months and I hope you have a very sticky bean!
  • @lin0442 - congrats!  So happy for you!
  • Congrats @lin0442!! So excited for you! 
  • @lin0442 Hooray! Congratulations! FX for a H&H 9mos.

AFM, CD 1 today so I’ll be heading over to WTO. Hoping we find some explanation for 6 days of pre-AF spotting soon. What a mind-f**k that was.

@offtoneverland I’m with you on wanting/needing a beer (or three) this weekend! 

FX for those of you still trudging along in TWW!
  • @lin0442 yay! Congrats!!! Hope you have a healthy uneventful 9 months!!!
  • Congrats @lin0442!!! FX for a H&H 9 months!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I'm already anticipating AF so called RE in case it started this weekend but I guess they are open weekends so I still call on CD1.  Their starting dose of clomid is 100mg - I was hoping I could do the lowest dose in fear of side effects but that's ok.  She also suggested if nothing has happened in 2 months to pair it with IUI.  Apparently that doubles the success rate. 
  • @vlagrl29 IUI takes stress out of everything and it’s no big deal just a couple of minutes.  
  • @mack2342 - I'm sure it does and I'm not opposed to it - just will need to figure out how much it will cost us and see how that fits in our budget for this process.  Currently  as it is right now  I'll only need 1 u/s a month with clomid alone and that's $200 plus meds.  So I'll need to ask how much the actual IUI is.
  • @vlagrl29 I agree with @Mack2342. I didn't even start off with medicated TI this time around. We skipped it and went straight to medicated IUI because it had better chances and we had already been trying so long and didn't want to drag out TTC. It does definitely increase the cost though. Some ladies still only have one u/s with IUI depending on the RE, but you will then have to pay for the actual IUI and the sperm wash. In terms of time commitment though, I didn't find it to be overwhelming. YH will have to take a couple of hours off of work the morning of your IUI to give his sample, but the IUI itself is literally like 30 seconds. Exciting that you're getting started! I hope this little push with the Clomid is all you guys need to get your THB!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 I'm nervous and excited cause I know it will take a lot of the BD off our hands which will be a relief for me!  I'm just trying not to think about it too much and live my life as normal as possible.  Change up my thinking cause I'm always prepared for the worst but hope for the best so I'm trying to  think that good things can happen out of this.  That way by the time we hit our 2 year mark I'll at least know we tried the best.
  • Pre AF spotting started tonight. Should be here in a day or 2.
  • @cassafrass15 I'm sorry for AF and all the spotting leading up to it. :( Hope you get a few beers this weekend!
    @vlagrl29 I'm sorry about AF, but I hope your next cycle with clomid goes smoothly and your body handles it well.

I am so confused right now! I'm 12-13dpo and my LP has never been this long before. Granted, I wasn't temping this month, but I had a positive OPK right when I expected to and my cycles are always very similar with several days of EWCM followed by O. I had one instance of spotting yesterday with light cramps all day, then nothing at all today. I know it wasn't IB as I've never had that before. I'm so frustrated that my body is deciding to change things up on me now! I just want AF to show her face so I can move on to the next cycle. *end rant*
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • congrats @lin0442!  FX for a sticky baby.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I think im moving over here! FF gave me crosshairs this morning for Tuesday (CD 23), but based on CM, I think O might have actually been yesterday. The second option would be much better, since DH got home late Tuesday and we BD on Wednesday, but either way I'm just happy that it looks like I O’d finally!! 
  • @offtoneverland @kath525 - thanks but I'm actually not really bothered by it.  I think at this many months in it doesn't really affect you much anymore.  It bothered me last cycle cause it was the year anniversary of our loss but I'm so glad I'm beyond that now.

I updated DH last night about how the process will be this month with clomid.  Funny how guys literally have no idea.  He told me to give him at least 3 days notice prior to BD starting.  So naturally TTC we have been BDing based on my CM forever now so that's how his brain works so he says we'll just see how TMI - juicy I am and I told him nope it's different now and we'll only have sex a few times!  I said how awesome that part is - he said jeez don't make it sound so horrible. ha!  I told him the doctor will probably give us instructions.