July 2018 Moms
Options

Names?!?

Re: Names?!?

• Options
    hayhay93 said:
    We found out we are having a boy and so we are settled on River for a first name but can’t think of any middle names. Any ideas? 
    For me it would depend on what your last name is (or what baby’s last name will be). There are tons of name combos I love but they don’t work with my one syllable last name. 

BUT I like River! and I think it could go with lots of things. Lee, Thomas, Reid (I like alliteration with this one!). We usually use a family name for the middle name.
    @hayhay93 I love the name River!  And great suggestion @hillbillywife.  I love the alliteration of River Reid as well.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited January 2018
    @hillbillywife @Sarafuss The baby’s last name will be one syllable. It’s been hard to pick a middle name because unless it’s more than one syllable it sounds almost flat. But I love Reid!! Reminds me of Criminal Minds.. my guilty pleasure lol. After much deliberation last night, we have it narrowed down to River Jonas, River Logan, and River Maxwell. I’m totally open to new ones. My boyfriend loves all 3 of those and feels settled with picking from one of those but the only one I’m sold on is River Jonas and that’s only because I love the song My Name Is Jonas by Weezer... Not sure if it even sounds good together. 

Edited to add: My original thought was to make my last name “Mason”, the baby’s middle name because I love my last name and am sad for it to not be a part of baby’s name. But I decided not to just in case I do decide to give one of my future children my own last name or hyphenate it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I like River Jonas! 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I like all of the middle name suggestions you listed!  I think Mason sounds the best though.  I think that you could still use it as a middle name for this baby even if you decide to use your last name for potential future children.  I don't think it would be a big deal since you don't say your middle name all that often.

Although, I just realized you might have used Mason as an example instead of using your actual last name on here.  Either way, I still think you could use your last name as a middle lol.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sarafuss my friends daughters name is Sloane and I adore the name. Super cute! 
  • Options
    @Sarafuss, I just went ahead and used my real last name because I wanted an honest opinion lol. Thank you. I will have to keep Mason in the running! I want it to be a part of his name but don’t want to complicate things with a hyphen. 

@hillbillywife Awesome, thank you! Me, too. I have always loved that name. 
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 Names here THE hardest when I was pregnant with my first. I'm also getting really annoyed about boy names because I just am not seeing any I want for mine.

Girl name I'm still on the same page for Zoey, and I've decided to use my mom's middle name and call her Zoey Sue.
  • Options
    I completely change my girl name idea, I’m really LOVING Emmy! 

But it I cannot think of a good middle name- I want it to be a longer name- could be unique or classic.... 

I dont like Louise- which seems to be the most used with Emmy. And it can’t be a flower (our last name has one in it!) 

Any ideas?
  • Options
    hayhay93 said:
    We found out we are having a boy and so we are settled on River for a first name but can’t think of any middle names. Any ideas? 
    I like River a lot!  I agree with @hillbillywife and I think it would depend on your last name.  But honestly, the first thought I have is something stoic and classic.  Like Thomas or Charles.  I don't know why. lol. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @catftm2018 my daughter was almost Emmy Lou! Or Emmy Elizabeth 
  • Options
    @catftm2018 I love Emmy! One of my contenders was Emmy Jane or Emmy Jean but DH vetoed it. 
  • Options
    @kat029 Love it! We named our dd Zoey Kay (Kay is both my mom and mil's middle name)

• Options
    @hillbillywife Emmy Elizabeth is def in the running as elizabeth isn’t my middle name!! 

@acunamatada don’t you hate when they don’t agree with you on your fav names!!! 
  • Options
    @catftm2018 that’s my middle name too! DD ended up with it and a different first name! 
  • Options
    @stlmegs Thank you!
    Charles is a family name and the first name of the baby’s father, that he doesn’t go by. So that could work. 
  • Options
    @catftm2018 I love Emmy. That’s so cute!
  • Options
    @zg49 Kay is my MIL’s middle name too! So that’s what my first daughters’ middle name is 
    :smile:
  • Options
    Growing up I LOVED the name Emily and wanted it for my daughter. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, we chose a different name. And even now, I just can’t seem to love it as much as I want. 

My daughter has my middle name, spelled differently. If this is a boy, the middle name will be my husband’s first name (we have the full name decided). We just can’t seem to decide on THE first name for a girl (we have the middle name picked out as it is a family name on both sides).  
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 no- totally doesn’t ruin it for me- I Loved Clifford!!  At one point we discussed Emmy Madison- and after I pondered it- I thought it would be too close to that Ashley Madison inappropriate site... haha I haven’t even told DH that because I don’t want him to veto the name just yet!! 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 Hyphenating last names can be a real pain in the long run. My mom did it to me and it caused all sorts of trouble and confusion so we eventually dropped it and I chose one name to go with. Just speaking from my experience though. I like the idea of incorporating maiden names too, and struggled with this myself. I think I will put my name in the middle name either by itself or as a second middle name. I totally get ya 
  • Options
    That is what I’m leaning towards, as well. Just out of curiosity, you don’t have to answer but did you choose your mom’s or dad’s name. I had my mom’s last name growing up and I loved it, but my mom and dad only dated for a couple of months and actually broke up before she found out she was pregnant lol. My dad was always a sideline character, even though I knew he loved me. My baby’s dad has been involved and even though I don’t know if things will work out with us, I want the baby to have his name. I just struggle with not giving the baby my name too. That’s a good idea to do two middle names possibly if we can’t settle on just one. @lavillard
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I chose my dad's because it was just him and I with that name so it felt special and we were very close. I suppose I never considered if that hurt my mom's feelings. I just never felt like her name was mine. Plus, as a kid with a hyphenated name you tend to drop one of them anyway (most kids were too lazy to say both of my names because it was a mouthful so they called me by the first one) so I was used to it anyway.
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I like River Maxwell. If you're still unsure about Mason as a middle name for this child, it's similar to Mason and would make it so that, with a future sibling, they'd both have "M" middle names. Of course I like Mason the best because it's your name - family names are my favorite  :)
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing. Maybe your mom understood. I know that my dad was hurt that I never had his name and I think that’s one of the main reasons I want to use the baby’s father’s name. He would be very hurt if I didn’t use it, and let’s face it, if things didn’t work out with us, the baby would probably spend more of his time with me and I would want him to have a least part of his dad with him. @lavillard

Thank you!! I am still considering Mason but Maxwell seems to be the runner up with people we have told so far. My mom loves River Maxwell the most of all of our top picks and she’s the one that came up with Jonas lol. @beanship
  • Options
    @hayhay93 - I love love love River Mason! Mason is one of my favorite boy names...I would have named my son that if it wasn't also the name of my Ex! Haha!

Ladies - I wanted to get your opinions on a name. My husband's name is Tyler and we just found out we are having a little girl. In honor of him, I'd really like to consider naming her Ty. I know two individuals with the name Ty...one is a boy and one is a girl. Otherwise, I don't see it very often and wanted to get your opinion. We would pair it with a long middle name (not sure what that would be yet). My husband and I both like it a lot..it's one of the only names we've actually agreed on...thoughts??
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 I like Ty, it does seem like a nickname though. I knew a couple of girls in school named Tyler or Tiler. Were you trying to avoid using your husband's exact name though?
  • Options
    Emmy Claire  <3

• Options
    @foxbaby2016 I used to work with a girl named Taissa who we all called Tai, which isn't exactly Ty but it is still a nod at your husbands name. I think it's nice!

We've had names picked forever, open to suggestion but leaning heavily toward Lorenzo for a boy or Thea for a girl. We are so caught on middle names though!
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie mamamecha - Thank you ladies! I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be getting a ton of *side eye* for using such a different name. I am avoiding the use of my husband's full name...Tyler just comes across super masculine to me even though I like gender neutral names, Taissa is nice but not sure my husband would go for it! 

I like both Lorenzo and Thea....what are some of the middle names you have been looking at?
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 Either way I think Ty is adorable!
    We've agreed on Lorenzo Eli and Thea Reese or Thea Carina. My fiancé is Portuguese so I'm hoping they get his tan skin, I think it would match their names a little better
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 I also like Ty. I had a good (girl) friend in highschool who went by that name. I believe it was short for Tylana
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 ok I really dislike Ty as a first name, especially for a girl. I feel like it’s robbing her of having a real name. 

What about Taylor? You could use Ty as nn.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What about Ty as a middle name? @foxbaby2016. We put family names in the middle that way they can have their “own” first name. I agree with others above thinking it might be too short to be an appropriate first name unless you use it as a nn. 
  • Options
    hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited January 2018
    I like Ty as a nickname. I don’t see a problem with using it as a first name either. There are other names with Ty in the beginning like Tyra, Tyla etc. but I know those are different.

ETA: Also, thank you so much about the name! Sorry I was busy earlier and wanted to respond but left that part out and didn’t realize it! @foxbaby2016
  • Options
    AlyLynn07AlyLynn07 member
    edited January 2018
    @foxbaby2016 Honestly, Ty does come across as masculine and a nickname to me, but I do like the idea idea trying to incorporate your husband's name!
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 I love Ty as a first name for a little girl! I personally prefer giving a baby a nickname as their name if that’s what they’re going to go by (if that makes sense.)

I’m a Samantha but have literally always gone by Sam, and wish it was my actual name. I have a 60 second conversation with everyone I meet about what I prefer to be called *eyeroll*

I also really like gender neutral names (my favorite girl’s name is Charlie.)

I think giving her a longer, feminine middle name would help. Ty Elizabeth or Ty Madeline would be pretty  :)
  • Options
    zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited January 2018
    I've always been partial to Braedan however MCH vetoed it. He's had Coda as a boy's name for so long, that I'm not going to argue. If it's a boy, the kid will have 2 middle names to choose from if Coda is not what he wants to go by. 

If you want to name your girl Ty, go for it. She will eventually decide on her own if she wants to go by that or her middle name or by something completely different. I have a very generic popular name and grew up wishing my name was Kelly (go Saved by the Bell!). As long as you're Not naming your kid Unicorn or Antelope.

Edit: Removed random word

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I didn’t mind Kelly growing up, but it has dropped off the face of the planet! I haven’t met a baby Kelly in almost 10 years. And it was always awesome getting to be Kelly Kapowski by default. I bet we won’t see Ashley or Jennifer for a long time either. 

Anyone see the freakonomics bit on names? 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"