December 2017 Moms

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

1235»

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• wabash15wabash15 member
    edited October 2017
    breezybee said:
    I told someone that I was having twins. She then said, in all seriousness, that she’s had two kids a year apart, so it’s basically like having twins. Then she added, “actually, I think that’s way harder than having twins!”
    OK, bitch. Call me when you’re the size of a full term Singleton pregnancy at 28 weeks and still have 8 weeks to go. Idiot. 
    @breezybee wow... having kids close together is still NOT like having twins. andplusalso I highly doubt is harder then multiples.  Hard maybe but not the same. 

eta: I think I might TP the next person who asks me if I am sure its only one... yes damn it and your about the 500th person to ask so STFU. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited October 2017
    @MJDsquared YES! Omg, people feel so *entitled* to information about my baby, especially his name! I couldn't imagine approaching another pregnant woman, whether friend or stranger, and asking them half the shit I get asked. And it's mostly by other women! So very little respect for boundaries.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• my friend saw me in dance class today (haven’t been in a week) and she goes- wow you suddenly got A LOT bigger! Hahahaha. You’re lucky I know I’m small and not easily offended. Might want to be careful saying that around other mamas. Lol
  • The cashier at Target today went on a rant about childbirth. She asked what we’re having, if it’s the first, then she goes, “It’s gonna HURT!” and ranted about the birth of her daughter but none of us could tell what she was saying. She kept laughing though so I was just laughing and nodding and counting down the minutes til we could leave. lol.

Then she said to contact Pampers and tell them you got defective diapers and they’ll send you a coupon. Or something. Idk, it was bizarre.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • My mom has mentioned twice that this must be a big baby. It's possible--I think this baby measured a little bigger than DD at the 20 week scan, but mostly I'm pretty sure this is just my 2nd pregnancy and I appear bigger faster. I've gained less weight this time (in fact, haven't gained anything my last 2 appointments and my doc is like, "you can gain more!") but hadn't lost all of the baby weight from DD when I got pregnant. Regardless, just WHY do you need to say anything like that?

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Luckily I haven't had any negative remarks this pregnancy so far, it's been pretty nice. (I probably just jinxed myself)
    But when I was 15 weeks pregnant with DD3, we had just announced the pregnancy, I was sitting next to a lady at church (back when I was a Christian).
    She asked me "when are you due?"... I told her... then she looks down at my stomach and says, "oh, so you're not showing yet."

• cait5413 so super random but the defective diaper thing is true lol. We had a sleeve of Pampers diapers where it seemed like every other one was missing the velcro. I tweeted them and they sent me a couple of good coups! Granted, mine was real lol but it does work!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @flowerpower5838 I think that's what she said was her daughter's issue too. Like 4 of them in the package of 100+ were missing the velcro and they sent her a $10 off coupon. But then I think it sounded like she was suggesting to just keep telling Pampers that and keep getting coupons which seems unethical. Lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • MJDsquared  oh duh replied to the wrong person. Monday probz!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• This is old, but my sister really annoyed me on Thanksgiving. My OB recommends staying in the greater Portland area from either 35 or 36 weeks. My sister was asking me about that and why and then said that her friends who have had kids said that was weird and that they didn’t have that. First of all, why are you so concerned about this that you’re asking your friends? Do you think I’m making it up?

Second of all, sure, we probably could come back down here closer to my due date (it’s an hour drive, and our drive to the hospital is 30-40 minutes—we’d be about an hour from the hospital here) but it’s not convenient. We have to bring our dogs, so there would be the logistics of what to do with them should I go into labor, plus driving with them is a huge pain in the ass. And it’s only five weeks! Soooo just like maybe chill and mind your own business?! I 100% would not want to make the drive with dogs for Christmas, days before my EDD. Maybe that’s what she’s annoyed about, I don’t know.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @flowerpower5838 I feel like most people don’t know what pregnant women actually look like. Ask 5 different people how far along they think you are, you’ll get 5 totally different answers. Also, I had a middle age guy I know tell me he had no idea I was pregnant (I’ve only known him about 4 months). Wtf dude, I’m not just oddly shaped & fat!
  • People:
    Wow! You look like you’re gonna pop! How do you feel? 
    Me: well I’m having her in 11 days so yeah, I’m done and might pop. 

Then they look so shocked. Ha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I work in a financial institution as a loan officer and had a member waiting for me. I walked into the lobby to get him and his first response (loudly I might add) was "Well I know that I didn't do that to you!" :neutral:
  • I finally have one! I feel like a real pregnant lady now! Hahaha

So I got a haircut today and the stylist asked me typical pregnancy questions... when due, the sex etc.. then asked : How much weight have you gained? I responded with 20lbs though I thought that was a little intrusive haha, then she followed up with and what was your starting weight? WTF? Why do you care. So strange.
  • The other day someone said to me, "Don't you feel like you understand what it's like to be fat now?"