February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/30

• We have a wedding this weekend. The FB event (which was our formal invitation...eyeroll) says wedding time frame 3-9pm. The MOTB posted yesterday that a "light dinner and dancing" at the reception to follow. wtf does that mean? How many snacks do I need to pack for me and he girls? Do I need to order a pizza and have it delivered to the parking lot?
    I'm usually a very, "your wedding, your way"  kind of person but that sounds ridiculous ......
    I'm still not even sure what to pack to wear to said wedding. The groomsmen are wearing jeans and boots, but got fitted for dress clothes tops??
    Sounds like a country wedding.  Dressy summer, tea length dress / sun dress with strappy sandles and a light sweater would be perfect.  I'd bringg "heavy" snacks though,  based on that a "light" dinner will be served, like maybe some subs.  it sounds like they are on a tight budget. With the facebook invites and mention of food. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • I'm glad we are at least posting in the Randoms thread these days! Haha! I'm trying to keep up so bare with me. I noticed right off the bat our board was pretty tame. i figured it would have picked up by now though since some are coming out of first tri or already had their first appointments. 

@Aeml1985 I was in March15 too.  After that whole shit storm my old screen name got locked and I couldn't get in anymore so I had to make a new one! Oh and the ramzi theory is complicated but basically states that boy= placenta on right and girl= placenta on left during the first ultrasound 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Aeml1985 said:
    What's a ramzi theory? 
    I just woke up from night shift sleep, sounds like I have some reading to do

i was on mar 15, and it definitely was more busy but I think we had a fb group by middle of second tri? I left it shortly after I had my daughter. I wasn't into how cliquey it felt and how if you had a differing opinion you were basically always an outsider 
    I don't actually know what the ramzi theory is, I'd have to Google that. I think it has to do with the skull maybe?? We are just referring people, typically drive by posters, who post a pic of their ultrasound and ask us to guess the sex. Oftentimes it's not even a picture of the region containing the evidence of sex. Although even if it was, we aren't trained techs therefore we have no effin clue. It's fun. (So they say)
    It's something to do with the location of the placenta I think?

In my last BMB someone was asking us to take a look at her u/s, because the tech said it was a girl and she just *knew* in her gut she was having a boy.
  • Was anyone a part of A14 BMB? The ladies there made up this alter ego that trolled the board the entire length of our pregnancies. Like a select group made a serious effort to bring this character to life. They revelved themselves in the end and I was just scratching my head wondering how they had the time to do that... I think they called her Glen Coco??? LOL.
    Hahahahaha I actually love this. I know people get all butt hurt about strangers on an Internet forum and online safety, but really what were you expecting with a bunch of randos online? 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Hmmm, I've had 4 ultrasounds and not once did anyone even point out my placenta. Now I feel ripped off I didn't get the find out the sex earlier #sarcasam 
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• The tech has said there's your placenta a few times during ultrasounds.  I just nod and smile cause all I see are the baby and a bunch of blobs/ shaded areas.  
  • I don't even think the placenta forms until around 10 weeks though??? so I think they guess where it looks like it will be. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @Aeml1985 if you have your ultrasound you could do a quick google search and compare yourself. But really, it makes no sense to me lol 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • I've never been told where my placenta is. I take that as a good sign, as in it's not in the way so no need to comment on it.
  • Was anyone a part of A14 BMB? The ladies there made up this alter ego that trolled the board the entire length of our pregnancies. Like a select group made a serious effort to bring this character to life. They revelved themselves in the end and I was just scratching my head wondering how they had the time to do that... I think they called her Glen Coco??? LOL.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• We have a wedding this weekend. The FB event (which was our formal invitation...eyeroll) says wedding time frame 3-9pm. The MOTB posted yesterday that a "light dinner and dancing" at the reception to follow. wtf does that mean? How many snacks do I need to pack for me and he girls? Do I need to order a pizza and have it delivered to the parking lot?
    I'm going to say it will be cocktail/buffet fingerfood, and yes pack snacks, so annoying when things are hosted at dinner time and a proper dinner is not provided! I get that food is expensive- then have a morning ceremony and a lunch- that is my opinion. Don't leave people hungry at dinner! Lol! I could be wrong- but do give us an update! 
  • ashhsa said:
    We have a wedding this weekend. The FB event (which was our formal invitation...eyeroll) says wedding time frame 3-9pm. The MOTB posted yesterday that a "light dinner and dancing" at the reception to follow. wtf does that mean? How many snacks do I need to pack for me and he girls? Do I need to order a pizza and have it delivered to the parking lot?
    I'm going to say it will be cocktail/buffet fingerfood, and yes pack snacks, so annoying when things are hosted at dinner time and a proper dinner is not provided! I get that food is expensive- then have a morning ceremony and a lunch- that is my opinion. Don't leave people hungry at dinner! Lol! I could be wrong- but do give us an update! 
    Who's ready to pool together & order @TattoosandLace a pizza?
    I could kiss you for that. I'm scoping out the area via google. 
  • So annoying to have an event during dinner time and not provide a proper meal. I'd have a cooler packed in my car or eff off to a restaurant after the ceremony.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Ooohhhhhh Mexican.  Yummy
  • sabriel1 said:
    So annoying to have an event during dinner time and not provide a proper meal. I'd have a cooler packed in my car or eff off to a restaurant after the ceremony.
    I'd consider going to the Mexican restaurant inbetween wedding and reception if DH wasn't a groomsman. 
  • sabriel1 said:
    So annoying to have an event during dinner time and not provide a proper meal. I'd have a cooler packed in my car or eff off to a restaurant after the ceremony.
    I'd consider going to the Mexican restaurant inbetween wedding and reception if DH wasn't a groomsman.

*Stuck in the box*

"See ya DH, enjoy the chips and dip"

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• That March drama....damn. She would not stop. 
  • That March drama....damn. She would not stop. 

• Fill me in girls. I tried to read it all but I'm not putting it all together 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • **TW**

I guess what I'm surprised about is our lack of active collective PGAL posts. The Sept 17 group I was in before my MMC in Feb had a rather active and tight knit PGAL group. I think because so many of us were from the March 17 BMB AND the TTCAL group so we just already knew eachother. I guess I'm surprised that our BMB isn't that active that way. It was a great place where we could talk freely about our fears, symptoms, etc and they were all very supportive when several of us experienced our repeated loss yet again.
    I didn't see a PGAL post on the front page, has there been one? Or did it die out because no one participated in it?
    kbrinks2 said:
    I missed a lot of the posts from the March board, but man it sounds spicy!!! I appreciate everyone here being supportive and realistic!!
    To be fair, the March ladies are very supportive, it was just a thread started by a troll that turned into a larger debate and then private groups were brought into it. It escalated quickly.
    Gotcha!! That would make sense then! I guess I shouldn't have implied that they weren't supportive!! 
  • seitzy3 said:
    Fill me in girls. I tried to read it all but I'm not putting it all together 
    TL;DR: Modesty troll thread goes south. Aug16 (?) randomly brought in because DDDRTnumbernumber says Aug16 Facebook is talking shit about March18. It goes south. Thread gets closed. New thread started in defense of Aug16. DDDRTnumbernumber just doesn't let it die. 
  • rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited August 2017
    Are we taking bets that she brings it back up again until she gets banned? Because I am really thinking she wants her apology.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I just almost gave into the temptation to make a scathing comment. Given the "knottie1234abc", plus the use of "gender", the lack of intro, and the fact that it's not a 7 week transvaginal US...but I decided to be an adult. Since we just gave our board a pat on the back for being such mature adults....
  • I just almost gave into the temptation to make a scathing comment. Given the "knottie1234abc", plus the use of "gender", the lack of intro, and the fact that it's not a 7 week transvaginal US...but I decided to be an adult. Since we just gave our board a pat on the back for being such mature adults....

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Are we taking bets that she brings it back up again until she gets banned? Because I am really thinking she wants her apology.
    given her shit stirring history in our private group, I wouldn't be surprised. Read her post history if you are bored. She loves conflict. 
  • Oh yeah, I forgot about those posters! Pretty soon we'll be inundated with Ramzi theory and nub theory posters. 

Oh yeah. It's about that time isn't it?
    Yup. Brace yourselves, they're coming!
    They're heeeeeeerrrrrrreeeeee! 
    I'm gonna pretend I don't see this one. I don't have the energy after this weeks shit storm. 
  • Couldn't help myself. The timing was too much.
  • I'm cracking up that we talked about this and I see that post today! Embrace yourselves, drive bys are coming. Nub theory next up  

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • seitzy3 said:
    I'm cracking up that we talked about this and I see that post today! Embrace yourselves, drive bys are coming. Nub theory next up  
    Totally forgot that the nub theory is a thing.  :D
  • I don't know if it is because I have a headache  or what---but I am getting super annoyed at some of these posts.  "knottie298347237864127487" posts a questions about whatnot--then NEVER comes back to THANK US for answering her question.  Seriously.  I am just uber bitchy today I think.  And maybe hangry... 
    That's why I'm loathe to take the time to answer someone seriously. When they can't take the time to "Read this first" and intro, or even come back and say "thank you," it's not worth it and not fair to us. Their time is not more valuable than ours! But I always make time for a sarcastic gif.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• DH wants to go bar hopping in the city for his friends birthday on my random Saturday off which means ill be home alone. By myself. Just me. Plotting his death. 

I know im being irrational but I just keep stewing about it
  • **TW**

I guess what I'm surprised about is our lack of active collective PGAL posts. The Sept 17 group I was in before my MMC in Feb had a rather active and tight knit PGAL group. I think because so many of us were from the March 17 BMB AND the TTCAL group so we just already knew eachother. I guess I'm surprised that our BMB isn't that active that way. It was a great place where we could talk freely about our fears, symptoms, etc and they were all very supportive when several of us experienced our repeated loss yet again.
    Both PGAL groups in my N/D14 BMB slowed as our pregnancies progressed. I think by mid-second trimester they were starting to become much less active. I just figured that after the mass exodus in Feb '15, the most active members in the active boards have migrated elsewhere leaving only a handful of boards that have slowed down quite a bit. But most of those active members left TCF. The loss boards were fairly active in the beginning on TCF.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• DH wants to go bar hopping in the city for his friends birthday on my random Saturday off which means ill be home alone. By myself. Just me. Plotting his death. 

I know im being irrational but I just keep stewing about it
    Nope, not irrational IMHO. We have a 2yo DD and I get "irrational" about my husband going to concerts/hockey games/training runs on my off days and leaving me at home with a terrorist. I told him he has too many hobbies and family comes first and being a parent means sacrificing some alone time.

different I suppose since it's your DH's bday but he should have picked something you guys could do together 

• @smorzandoj, go you! I would have been wiped out just opening the box! 
  • @lainikins full disclosure...my dad opened the box and brought all the pieces upstairs for me. And I did take a nap halfway through!