February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/30

• Options
    @TattoosandLace you better have a giant purse. 

I just sneezed. Holy RLP. 
  • Options
    Did Feb branch off into a PG already? This board gets so dead...
    Seriously. I can't lay at the pool and be entertained like I could with the Sept11 board. 
    Right? I was so uncomfortable all night (plus I never sleep well when DH is gone) and there were crickets on the board. Definitely a change from July16. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our board does feel slow. I thought it would pick up more as more women get their positives and get out of the danger zone. Where is everyone?

And @TattoosandLace I'd order the pizza. It sounds like they're trying to keep the costs low, so "light dinner" may just mean chips and salsa.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    We have a wedding this weekend. The FB event (which was our formal invitation...eyeroll) says wedding time frame 3-9pm. The MOTB posted yesterday that a "light dinner and dancing" at the reception to follow. wtf does that mean? How many snacks do I need to pack for me and he girls? Do I need to order a pizza and have it delivered to the parking lot?
    I'm usually a very, "your wedding, your way"  kind of person but that sounds ridiculous ......
  • Options
    @eggplantface 3-9pm time frame with chips and salsa?! Momma can't hang like that. Off to scope out the local food options. I'm hangry just thinking about it. 
  • Options
    @ash0625 that gif is perfect lol
  • Options
    @meatball37 I'm laughing about the turd in the pool. Thank you. 
  • Options
    We have a wedding this weekend. The FB event (which was our formal invitation...eyeroll) says wedding time frame 3-9pm. The MOTB posted yesterday that a "light dinner and dancing" at the reception to follow. wtf does that mean? How many snacks do I need to pack for me and he girls? Do I need to order a pizza and have it delivered to the parking lot?
    I'm usually a very, "your wedding, your way"  kind of person but that sounds ridiculous ......
    I'm still not even sure what to pack to wear to said wedding. The groomsmen are wearing jeans and boots, but got fitted for dress clothes tops??
  • Options
    I'm still not even sure what to pack to wear to said wedding. The groomsmen are wearing jeans and boots, but got fitted for dress clothes tops??
    Yeah, that's annoying for sure.
     I went to a wedding like that. It turned out surprisingly cute.... I dressed in a nice tea length dress and heels and did a nice updo on myself...? my logic is often, you're more likely to feel awkward if you under dress than if you over dress. 
  • Options
    Our board has always been slow. I enjoy seeing the same names frequently, I feel like we can get to know and recognize people faster.
  • Options
    Lol. It's true. I wish these women really knew what went down with this member. They aren't getting it. People comment on other BMBs all the time. I just joined in on the conversation on their board. I didn't defend anyone I know in my August group. Honestly I think there was only three of us who did comment if I remember correctly. Our August group is the best bunch of ladies and I love them dearly. We do NOT make fun of people in our group. We have supported one another through losses, divorces, abuse, and happy occassions. I just feel so awful for our August moms who are pregnant again and due in March who feel like they can't participate there anymore because of one shitty lying person. Hopefully I have never made anyone in February this way. 
  • Options
    I'm laughing over "no other BMB should ever comment on our board"

You know what? Even if my due date changes to March, I'm staying here. I'll stay out of trouble and not get banned if I stay right here. I'm too vocal at times and those times often occur while pregnant. LOL
    Right? I don't even think I was rude to anyone there. Just had a differing opinion. I actually defended some March ladies opinion. I won't feel one bit sorry for them when they let this one person in their group and she does the same thing. Believe 60 women who all agree to remove a member or believe ONE person who took private conversations hat weren't even true to a public forum? Not hard to understand IMO. And the only reason they don't want to believe me is because I commented on one of their threads? Yeah, ok, whatever makes you sleep at night. 
  • Options
    I'm laughing over "no other BMB should ever comment on our board"

You know what? Even if my due date changes to March, I'm staying here. I'll stay out of trouble and not get banned if I stay right here. I'm too vocal at times and those times often occur while pregnant. LOL
    Right? I don't even think I was rude to anyone there. Just had a differing opinion. I actually defended some March ladies opinion. I won't feel one bit sorry for them when they let this one person in their group and she does the same thing. Believe 60 women who all agree to remove a member or believe ONE person who took private conversations hat weren't even true to a public forum? Not hard to understand IMO. And the only reason they don't want to believe me is because I commented on one of their threads? Yeah, ok, whatever makes you sleep at night. 
    ETA: their logic sucks 
  • Options
    The funny thing to me is that the thread that started this all was clearly a drive-by, MUD post. I guess that person got what they wanted!
  • Options
    The funny thing to me is that the thread that started this all was clearly a drive-by, MUD post. I guess that person got what they wanted!
    They got more than they probably thought they would! They should buy a lottery ticket for sure! 
  • Options
    smorzandojsmorzandoj member
    edited August 2017
    @rainafire77 it makes me want comment there obnoxiously. But I already got slapped on the wrist last month by the bump Gods bc that one "everything is happy" chick that went to another's bmb.  

@meatball17 My Sept11 fb group imploded bc of multiple women like that and then the bullies and blah. I'm so glad that it seems like the fb groups are much smaller now to avoid as much of the crazy. 

EDiT: because words suck
  • Options
    There was a mom who is now no longer in our FB group that we were nervous about our information going to. It sucks, especially after everyone gets so close. It seems to me that if it was a unanimous decision, then there is way more at play there than us Bumpers can see. 
  • Options
    @rainafire77 it makes me want comment there obnoxiously. But I already got slapped on the rosy last week by the bump Gods bc that one every thing is happy chick. 

@meatball17 My Sept11 fb group imploded bc of multiple women like that and then the bullies and blah. I'm so glad that it seems like the fb groups are much smaller now to avoid as much of the crazy. 

We had a vouching/voting in system and minimum comment count requirement. It has worked very very well (except for this one time. Sigh. But she has been sitting in the weeds for a long time) I think this feb board might be a decent one since it isn't as active. It would mean a smaller fb group. 
  • Options
    There was a mom who is now no longer in our FB group that we were nervous about our information going to. It sucks, especially after everyone gets so close. It seems to me that if it was a unanimous decision, then there is way more at play there than us Bumpers can see. 
    I could kiss you.
  • Options
    I could kiss you.
    Honestly, how often do you get 60 women of different socioeconomic backgrounds to agree on something across the board. 
  • Options
    The board has felt slow to me too compared to my last one. Or maybe just more chill? By this point in Jan16 shit was bananas! The ban hammer
    was coming down daily it seemed. We broke off into a private bump group of about 50 women by month four because the drama was out of control. Now it's about half of that on FB.
  • Options
    The board has felt slow to me too compared to my last one. Or maybe just more chill? By this point in Jan16 shit was bananas! The ban hammer
    was coming down daily it seemed. We broke off into a private bump group of about 50 women by month four because the drama was out of control. Now it's about half of that on FB.
    Whoa that's nuts. I don't remember January 16 being spicy. But all I remember is July maybe. 

Here is to hoping for a group of cool feb women! Cheers! 
  • Options
    **TW**

I guess what I'm surprised about is our lack of active collective PGAL posts. The Sept 17 group I was in before my MMC in Feb had a rather active and tight knit PGAL group. I think because so many of us were from the March 17 BMB AND the TTCAL group so we just already knew eachother. I guess I'm surprised that our BMB isn't that active that way. It was a great place where we could talk freely about our fears, symptoms, etc and they were all very supportive when several of us experienced our repeated loss yet again.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    It calmed down significantly once we moved to
    a private group in August 2015 because no one told the drivebys posting ultrasound pics asking for guesses on the sex they were having a dinosaur. :joy: 

• Options
    I missed a lot of the posts from the March board, but man it sounds spicy!!! I appreciate everyone here being supportive and realistic!!
  • Options
    **TW**

I guess what I'm surprised about is our lack of active collective PGAL posts. The Sept 17 group I was in before my MMC in Feb had a rather active and tight knit PGAL group. I think because so many of us were from the March 17 BMB AND the TTCAL group so we just already knew eachother. I guess I'm surprised that our BMB isn't that active that way. It was a great place where we could talk freely about our fears, symptoms, etc and they were all very supportive when several of us experienced our repeated loss yet again.
    I didn't see a PGAL post on the front page, has there been one? Or did it die out because no one participated in it?
    kbrinks2 said:
    I missed a lot of the posts from the March board, but man it sounds spicy!!! I appreciate everyone here being supportive and realistic!!
    To be fair, the March ladies are very supportive, it was just a thread started by a troll that turned into a larger debate and then private groups were brought into it. It escalated quickly.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    **TW**

I didn't see a PGAL post on the front page, has there been one? Or did it die out because no one participated in it?
    kbrinks2 said:
    To be fair, the March ladies are very supportive, it was just a thread started by a troll that turned into a larger debate and then private groups were brought into it. It escalated quickly.
    Agreed. Most women there are very supportive. I've commented numerous times on other BMBs over the years. I've never had an issue until now (even controversial ones). I plan on continuing to lurk, but stay here. Although, I was debating on joining in on the multiples on janurary since they are more active for that thread. And it would be nice to have questions answered by fellow multiple moms. 

• Options
    **TW**

kbrinks2 said:
    Agreed. Most women there are very supportive. I've commented numerous times on other BMBs over the years. I've never had an issue until now (even controversial ones). I plan on continuing to lurk, but stay here. Although, I was debating on joining in on the multiples on janurary since they are more active for that thread. And it would be nice to have questions answered by fellow multiple moms. 

I don't think there's any harm in that. You'll likely deliver in Jan (but I selfishly want you to stay here) and the knowledge you could gain from the other twin mommas is more than worth the "border cross".
  • Options
    Just read the new crazy March thread.  Yikes!!!  I love ya'll @meatball37 and @the_other_mother
  • Options
    **TW**

I think there was one in July but It dropped off. Didn't seem very active bit it appears there are a number of PGAL ladies in this month. Maybe I'll try & restart it.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    **TW**

kbrinks2 said:

I don't think there's any harm in that. You'll likely deliver in Jan (but I selfishly want you to stay here) and the knowledge you could gain from the other twin mommas is more than worth the "border cross".
    I will stay here :) but I may join in that thread specifically if they will have me. 
  • Options
    a private group in August 2015 because no one told the drivebys posting ultrasound pics asking for guesses on the sex they were having a dinosaur. :joy: 

Oh yeah, I forgot about those posters! Pretty soon we'll be inundated with Ramzi theory and nub theory posters.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options

Oh yeah, I forgot about those posters! Pretty soon we'll be inundated with Ramzi theory and nub theory posters.

Oh yeah. It's about that time isn't it?
  • Options
    Just read the new crazy March thread.  Yikes!!!  I love ya'll @meatball37 and @the_other_mother
    Muah! 
  • Options

Oh yeah. It's about that time isn't it?
    Yup. Brace yourselves, they're coming!
  • Options
    What's a ramzi theory? 
    I just woke up from night shift sleep, sounds like I have some reading to do

i was on mar 15, and it definitely was more busy but I think we had a fb group by middle of second tri? I left it shortly after I had my daughter. I wasn't into how cliquey it felt and how if you had a differing opinion you were basically always an outsider 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    What's a ramzi theory? 
    I just woke up from night shift sleep, sounds like I have some reading to do

i was on mar 15, and it definitely was more busy but I think we had a fb group by middle of second tri? I left it shortly after I had my daughter. I wasn't into how cliquey it felt and how if you had a differing opinion you were basically always an outsider 
    I don't actually know what the ramzi theory is, I'd have to Google that. I think it has to do with the skull maybe?? We are just referring people, typically drive by posters, who post a pic of their ultrasound and ask us to guess the sex. Oftentimes it's not even a picture of the region containing the evidence of sex. Although even if it was, we aren't trained techs therefore we have no effin clue. It's fun. (So they say)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Was anyone a part of A14 BMB? The ladies there made up this alter ego that trolled the board the entire length of our pregnancies. Like a select group made a serious effort to bring this character to life. They revealed themselves in the end and I was just scratching my head wondering how they had the time to do that... I think they called her Glen Coco??? LOL.

ETA: words are hard