Weekly Randoms 7/30

what's happening?!

DD #1 3/26/13
Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
DD #2 3/31/15
DD #3 8/25/16

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/30

• Options
    I can't poop. Are you guys pooping? Does this go in the symptoms thread? DH wants to DTD. Any chance that could loosen things up? Anyone poop after sex a lot? (Not butt stuff!) So many questions. I need answers people!
  • Options
    @the_other_mother when I'm backed up I drink a cup of coffee. It does the trick for me! And it's a nice treat (coffee lover) because I stopped drinking it otherwise when I got my BFP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't poop. Are you guys pooping? Does this go in the symptoms thread? DH wants to DTD. Any chance that could loosen things up? Anyone poop after sex a lot? (Not butt stuff!) So many questions. I need answers people!
    I took three stool softners every day when pregnant with DD. If I skipped a day, it was hell. Coffee is also a good idea. With this pregnancy I have the opposite problem. It's weird. 
  • Options
    I survived a weekend shift at the hospital. And now time to put on my mom hat for the week. I'm praying DD naps well tomorrow so that I get a break. 

Anyone else make any exciting baby purchases yet? 

• Options
    @the_other_mother I third the coffee idea and want to add shredded wheat. Eating that has helped a lot, I'm assuming its the amount of fiber. 

DTD has never helped me in that area... but maybe you should try that out... you know... for science purposes ;) 
  • Options
    I bought a baby food maker (very early I know) and a Northface snowsuit because they were on super sale, but nothing else really. DH and I did go to one of the many baby stores in my neighborhood on Sat to try out strollers and look at cribs, and landed on what we want. But we will probably hold of on purchasing until they do a registry event. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsJ2410 said:
    I bought a baby food maker (very early I know) and a Northface snowsuit because they were on super sale, but nothing else really. DH and I did go to one of the many baby stores in my neighborhood on Sat to try out strollers and look at cribs, and landed on what we want. But we will probably hold of on purchasing until they do a registry event. 

I really wanted a baby food maker when I was pregnant with DD. I registered for it, but never purchased one. I'm actually glad I didn't because even though I originally had every intention of making my own baby food, we ended up going with baby led weaning.
  • Options
    If I can't go I just eat something really spicy and that usually clears things out (tmi?).

No baby purchases yet, we'll likely wait until we find out the sex in 4 weeks

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @the_other_mother We did baby led weaning with DS and loved it.  We will do the same with #2.  

I have about 100 lbs of tomatoes that I need to do something with (and my plants just started producing).  I have already made 17 pints of salsa and plan on making more--it's an easy gift!  Today I am going to make pasta sauce.  Any other suggestions??
  • Options
    @the_other_mother We did baby led weaning with DS and loved it.  We will do the same with #2.  

I have about 100 lbs of tomatoes that I need to do something with (and my plants just started producing).  I have already made 17 pints of salsa and plan on making more--it's an easy gift!  Today I am going to make pasta sauce.  Any other suggestions??
    Bruscetta? Tomato basil soup? I don't know what else you can make with tomatoes lol
  • Options
    @magnolia305 homemade ketchup?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @the_other_mother I was back and forth on it, my cousin told me it was a waste and she just steamed and used a blender, and I didn't want something else that would take up space. But my best friend said she loved hers and uses it all the time and that it was nice to not have to use a bunch of different pots and appliances for clean up, and since we have no dishwasher and I hate dishes and we have a small kitchen, that kind of won out. I am fully prepared for the possibility of it being a thing that never leaves the box though, in which case I will try and sell or give away. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 we also have a small kitchen with no dish washer. It suuuuucks. I highly recommend the Medela microwave steamer bags for sterilizing. They are so convenient. We had a dish washer for the first 4 months with DD before we had a house and we would sterilize in the dish washer. We are still trying to work out the logistics of trying to have a dishwasher installed in our time kitchen, but that's completely on the back burner right now.
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 we also have a small kitchen with no dish washer. It suuuuucks. I highly recommend the Medela microwave steamer bags for sterilizing. They are so convenient. We had a dish washer for the first 4 months with DD before we had a house and we would sterilize in the dish washer. We are still trying to work out the logistics of trying to have a dishwasher installed in our time kitchen, but that's completely on the back burner right now.
    We also don't have a microwave! ::cryingface:: We may need to make some updates to our kitchen lol. But thank you for the recommendation! I will just be over here boiling everything on my hearth and washing clothes with my washboard. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    People are going on 13 weeks right? When are we starting HDBD threads?! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    People are going on 13 weeks right? When are we starting HDBD threads?! 
    I'm 12 +2 and definitely showing! We are announcing this week after my appointment because people at work are suspecting. (Twin mama) 
  • Options
    Yayyyy! This is exciting. I'm still team poop baby at 10 and some change weeks. This is my fifth pregnancy so I think my muscles gave up on me early this time. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options

Work yeaterday. Pretty sure I didn't have to retire my scrub tops until at least week 20 with DD. 
    Look at that bump!
  • Options

Bruscetta? Tomato basil soup? I don't know what else you can make with tomatoes lol
    Caprese salad! Basil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic vinegar & olive oil!  Sooooo good in the summer!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Is it crazy to buy non-maternity clothes now? Is it too risky with not knowing what size I may be after this? 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Is it crazy to buy non-maternity clothes now? Is it too risky with not knowing what size I may be after this? 
    I say yes, but not because you might not fit in them post pregnancy, but because, in my experience, you will hate how all your close fit and feel and want all new clothes anyway. Totally just my experience, but the hate of all my pre pregnancy clothes was real even though my size was the same. Things just did not flatter me in the same way. 
  • Options
    @eggplantface I also say wait on the regular clothing purchases.  It felt so good after baby to go buy a few flattering pieces. 
  • Options
    I just sent SO to the store for colace.  
  • Options
    @the_other_mother I feel your pain. Doctor was measuring my belly today and I wanted to tell her to subtract a few centimeters to account for my build
    up. 
  • Options
    12 weeks here and there is a tiny bump starting though I agree, it is mostly a poop baby right now I think. 

@meatball37 look at that little bump!

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    I want to believe my bump is a real bump but I'm pretty sure it's still bloat and previous fat. But if my uterus is the size of a softball, then surely that softball is just pushing out the bloat/fat and is at least causing the bump!

This weekend the in-laws are in town and we're visiting wineries. I'm going to the grocery store tonight to buy delicious drinks for myself to pretend I'm not jealous of their wine....
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I took* two photos on Friday (11w). One standing normally and one "sucking it in". Maybe this will be the pregnancy that I don't just look awkwardly fat for 90% of it. 
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm back from my bump hiatus 
    @meatball17 cute bump! Are you a nurse? If so, me too! 
    I hope all you ladies get your poo relief soon!

i just got off of an overnight shift and am sitting in bed eating a pizza pop and watching Netflix 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    lainikins said:
    I say yes, but not because you might not fit in them post pregnancy, but because, in my experience, you will hate how all your close fit and feel and want all new clothes anyway. Totally just my experience, but the hate of all my pre pregnancy clothes was real even though my size was the same. Things just did not flatter me in the same way. 
    100% this 
  • Options
    @meatball37 love the bump!
    @eggplantface I agree with other ladies about waiting until after the baby is born to buy new stuff. I had many meltdowns after ds was born because even though my old clothes fit, they looked and felt different. I also felt like my pre baby clothes weren't me anymore and I was in a major style rut. I didn't to dress 'momish' but I didn't think my old clothes were me anymore so it was hard. In hindsight I was totally just hormonal and out of shape but it is what it is.

I'm excited for my NT scan on Thursday. I feel like this is the longest I've gone without a dr visit in like 6 months, thank you IF and IVF. I also came down with a nasty cough. Being sick when pregnant is the worst.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    I'm bumpin too! It appeared out of nowhere this week. I'm almost 12 weeks, but wasn't showing like this until about 17 weeks last time. 
  • Options
    I am not sure if mines a bump or left over fat! Maybe a bit of each! I feel like I didn't show until almost 17 weeks last time and I'm 11w4d today. Maybe by next week ill be in for HDBD! 
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    Hi all! I'm back from my bump hiatus 
    @meatball17 cute bump! Are you a nurse? If so, me too! 
    I hope all you ladies get your poo relief soon!

i just got off of an overnight shift and am sitting in bed eating a pizza pop and watching Netflix 
    I'm a medical lab scientist. :) what kind of nurse are you? I always thought it would be interesting to be a labor and delivery nurse. 
  • Options
    My blood test was scheduled for later this week but my midwife changed it to tomorrow. So excited! One day closer to finding out the sex of baby seitzy 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16