February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/30

• Options
    March 2018 what should I do...my brain hurts now. 
  • Options
    I don't know if I have ever seen a more blatant MUD post than that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @the_other_mother We did baby led weaning with DS and loved it.  We will do the same with #2.  

I have about 100 lbs of tomatoes that I need to do something with (and my plants just started producing).  I have already made 17 pints of salsa and plan on making more--it's an easy gift!  Today I am going to make pasta sauce.  Any other suggestions??
    Home made sun dried tomatoes. Yum!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I don't know if I have ever seen a more blatant MUD post than that.
    Wow!  Just visited March 18.  That is crazy.
  • Options
    Yeah, that thread took several turns. I hope it doesn't get deleted. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Yeah, that thread took several turns. I hope it doesn't get deleted. 
    For some reason I have a feeling it will. I kinda hate when they delete a whole thread instead of just closing it. 

Im definitely in the minority with my UO over there, but I definitely still found it intriguing. The March board is definitely one to lurk frequently. 
  • Options
    Ok March looks....interesting....

Btw...the thread is still going. And someone posted food p0rn...waffles with syrup.

I didn't even know I wanted waffles until I saw that. 
    That's how all my cravings begin! Could definitely go for some waffles...
  • Options
    i also have a bump I'm only 10 weeks but I'm a shorty and a stm! There is still some bloat too. 

I also keep keep forgetting I'm pregnant so obviously my symptoms have calmed down for that to happen! I never forgot even for a second in my first pregnancy! 

• Options
    Whoa, looks like I'll have to start following March a bit more closely now. Grrr, I always come in once they get closed

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    sabriel1 said:
    Whoa, looks like I'll have to start following March a bit more closely now. Grrr, I always come in once they get closed
     Yes! There is some fun stuff going on in there. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I have a feeling that someone who got called out reported the post rather than let that one person post screenshots.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    I have a feeling that someone who got called out reported the post rather than let that one person post screenshots.
    I would agree. I am not sure that SS would be appropriate in that instance though. Stranger danger and real names vs screen names. :/
  • Options
    Okay- just read the march thread- (to be honest I couldn't get past the third page, omg, just a worry people are still so backward like that these days) and it just leaves me with a question- 

Do most American schools actually not have uniforms? I don't know why I never clicked on this after all the American Tv shows I've watched!!! 
  • Options
    @meatball17 I'm an ICU nurse, but I too have always wanted to be a l&d nurse 

you guys, I just read the whole drama llama thread on M18, it got a little too philosophical for a bit, logical follicies (which my phone just auto corrected to follicles btw) but then the fb group thing started and BOOM thread closed. Oh well, sounds like there will be some more gooders to come from them yet. 

Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @ashhsa No, most public schools don't have uniforms! It definitely varies based on the area though. I went to catholic school from K-12 so I always had a uniform. I actually liked it because I didn't have to worry about picking out an outfit every day. 
  • Options
    Why has this blown my mind? All the tv shows show the kids not wearing uniforms and yet- I honestly just thought that was for tv!!! 

@JandJ62914 I would def prefer a uniform, it is an equaliser at an age where kids can be cruel!! I also went to catholic school and my uniform was so ugly! Lmao! Very traditional!  Pretty much every school wears uniform here, public or private- and all age groups, in fact I can only think of one that I know of that has no uniform! 

(In saying that obviously girls should be respected regardless of what they wear to school- or anywhere Just incase anyone interperates my fascination with the lack of a uniform as anything but curiosity!)
  • Options
    @ashhsa DD went to a private Catholic School last year and they wore uniforms. She'll be switching to public school in September and there are no uniforms. As a parent I hate not having a uniform. I like that it is an requisite and I liked not having to spend much money on clothes for her. Most importantly I liked how easy it was to get her ready in the morning because it was always the same

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    A lot of public schools in my area (DC) have a "uniform" but it really is more of a dress code requiring kids wear khakis and a polo shirt, sometimes a specific color shirt. That could also be more for charter schools than the regular public schools, but I definitely see a lot of kids in a uniform-looking thing. But a lot of public schools at least have a dress code that regulates things like skirt length, bra straps showing, etc., basically targeting the girls. I remember in high school my senior year they implemented a dress code that said no bra straps could show, and one of my friends safety-pinned her bra strap to her cami top strap (this was 1998, cami tops were so hot back then), and she got in trouble for her bra strap "showing" and was crying in the hall. It was ridiculous.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Man I got zero work done yesterday afternoon thanks to that thread! They are spicier over there for sure...

Since the belly cream thread is long lost, I just wanted to share that I got an amazing one from Earth Mama Angel Baby that DOESN'T smell like cocoa butter( I can't stand the smell of cocoa butter) and made my skin v. soft. Its an oil, but I kinda like that better anyway. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @eggplantface Yeah most school's definitely have a dress code. The school I teach at has a pretty strict dress code. No spaghetti straps, open toed shoes, shirts with vulgar messages, etc.

@sabriel1 DD isn't in school yet, but I definitely would love if her school had uniforms. I feel like it would make mornings so much easier. 
  • Options
    In Alberta only private schools (rare) have uniforms but the public/catholic school board has a universal dress code; shorts/skirts have to be a certain length, no spaghetti straps/midriffs/visible underwear (boys and girls). 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @JandJ62914 No flip-flops?? Is the toe cleavage too much for boys to handle? :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface LOL at toe cleavage. :lol:  It's for playground safety I believe! 
  • Options
    Uniforms are great. Till you don't get laundry done and you have none clean. My kids have had uniforms in one district and in the district we are in now they don't. I don't have to pay a darn bit of attention to their clothes and it's much easier then the uniform. 
  • Options
    I just finished the crazy March thread and all I can say is wow.  Plus I agree with @Aeml1985.  They left it open all that time and close it just when we were about to find out what the FB drama was about.
  • Options
    Someone said either the June or July 17 board is a bit on the spicy side too. Are we just normal or boring? Or lacking in trolls?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Our school system doesn't have a uniform,  but has a dress code.  Parts of the Dress code are ridiculous IMO, but my kids follow it or are forced to change clothes or sent home.  The dress code is very much focused on what girls can and cannot wear and only mentions boys may not have underwear showing.  It also lacks in some areas.  

I personally don't see how spaghetti straps (which are not approved) are more offensive than leggings as pants (which are approved including the see through kind.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    Our school system doesn't have a uniform,  but has a dress code.  Parts of the Dress code are ridiculous IMO, but my kids follow it or are forced to change clothes or sent home.  The dress code is very much focused on what girls can and cannot wear and only mentions boys may not have underwear showing.  It also lacks in some areas.  

I personally don't see how spaghetti straps (which are not approved) are more offensive than leggings as pants (which are approved including the see through kind.)
    My school's is too and it really bugs me! Plus, I've taught K for the past several years so my students are 5-6 y/o. My aide would always bark at them, "You can't wear that! It's not appropriate school attire!" And they look so sad and confused...they don't get it, all they know is they can't wear the pretty sundress their grandma bought them. I had to have a talk with her many times. 
  • Options
    This board is an adjustment from July 16, but i agree with PP that the snark and drivebys will up. 
  • Options
    Just sayin, there's an update in March18 re: the FB drama... If anyone's interested. Not that I enjoy lurking there or anything ;-) 
  • Options
    that drama makes me a tad nervous. *insert awkward laughing face here*
  • Options
    Did Feb branch off into a PG already? This board gets so dead...
  • Options
    Did Feb branch off into a PG already? This board gets so dead...
    Seriously. I can't lay at the pool and be entertained like I could with the Sept11 board.