December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 7/2!

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 7/2!

• Options
    I am already having pelvic and hip pain! I got a support band on prime day, and that is helping, but I am really not looking forward to 3rd tri at this rate. I did not have this issue last time. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 for me, doing strength training really helps with pelvic/hip pain.  Things that focus on core/glute/leg strength are my favorite. Like hip bridges, squats, deadlifts, lunges, side planks and clamshells. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cait5413 me too! It just started yesterday and it's pretty uncomfortable. Guess I should start some strength training. 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @breezybee  was just going to chime in RE: magnesium supplements, myself! they help SO much with RLS and with the charlie horses in the middle of the night. they also help with my migraines. i started taking magnesium my last pregnancy and it's been part of my daily regimen ever since, pregnant or not. 

i used to take natural calm, which is a powder you mix into water and comes in unflavored or like three other flavors (if you struggle to get enough calcium, they have a cal-mag combo version) but now i take a pill form. however you need to swallow quite a few pills per day. i recommend "doctor's best" on amazon prime (subscribe and save eligible) but i know there are a lot of choices out there. hope that helps you guys. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know there are hair changes in pregnancy, so can I attribute the fact that I have seven million new 'baby hairs' that stick out in all sorts of directions to pregnancy? Normally my baby hairs go with the flow of the rest of my hair, and there's only a few, but these ones like to stick out wherever or hang down in front of my forehead.

Also, the belly hair just keeps growing and growing...
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Omg @MJDsquared!  I have millions of baby hairs on my head right now and it's making me crazy!  I feel like my hair is falling out!
    thanks @anewadventure. I have some vitamins that are a calcium, zinc, magnesium combo, so I'm taking those now. Hopefully they help. It's seriously driving me fucking nuts. 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared @breezybee : @cait5413 is right. My hair is a fucking nightmare right now after pp hairloss after DS and current changes in pregnancy... I swear I have more 'flyaways' than actual proper length hair!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @cait5413 @kvacmak I definitely knew my hair would fall out PP (and then grow back, which would mean baby hairs) but I didn't expect so many baby hairs now!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Yeah I definitely wasn't expecting it now!  
  • Options
    I had some scraggly belly hairs that were longer and darker than the rest, right around my belly button (or what's left of it), and I plucked them. I couldn't stand the way they waved in the water when I took a shower, or the swirls when I rubbed lotion on the bump!
  • Options
    breezybeebreezybee member
    edited July 2017
    @MJDsquared yeah it feels like a massive ball of jello pudding on top of my regular organs lol 

eta - it's REALLY weird when you're swimming. 
  • Options
    I had like zero symptoms first tri and now I feel like I'm a symptom machine. Except I used to religiously track any symptoms in Ovia and now I'm like, "Oh, I haven't put anything in in two weeks" lol.

But SO GASSY the past couple of days. Ugh. Probably doesn't help that after discussing chili the other day we're going to have that for dinner tonight.

Also this morning I noticed my boobs were a little tender to the touch, which hasn't been a thing in like 12 weeks.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    I had like zero symptoms first tri and now I feel like I'm a symptom machine. Except I used to religiously track any symptoms in Ovia and now I'm like, "Oh, I haven't put anything in in two weeks" lol.

But SO GASSY the past couple of days. Ugh. Probably doesn't help that after discussing chili the other day we're going to have that for dinner tonight.

Also this morning I noticed my boobs were a little tender to the touch, which hasn't been a thing in like 12 weeks.
    My boobs are extremely sore and they are getting huge!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I'm super gassy and just feeling crappy today (gastrointestinal issues, heartburn, acid reflux, etc.). I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @tmk0325 I bought bigger bras during first tri and I think I'm going to grow out of them shortly. I certainly hope the soreness doesn't persist!
    @clovelyone It's awful! I hope you feel better soon too!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Thanks! I'm definitely not drinking enough water today either. 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Thanks! I'm definitely not drinking enough water today either. 
    I only get about 3 bottles in per day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 I've only had a little over one bottle today  :(. When I get bad heartburn and reflux it's hard to drink anything. 
  • Options
    @clovelyone I get it. Some days I drink wellnover 100 oz but most it's like 50. I start work back next week (teacher) and I'll have my water with me. I'll do better there than home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One boob itches sometimes.    Dry skin!  

Blood in my urine every time I go to my appointments (I can't see it but it's there when they test the urine in the cup).  Every time they send it off to be checked out nothing comes back as a sign of anything.  So confusing.  My bp is fine and everything else checks out.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Still sick but doing a lot better staying hydrated.  Not taking my prenatals because it's just impossible for me..any advice?  Dr isn't worried about anything but I always think the worst.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    @MJDSquared - I'm have the opposite for frequent urination.  During the day I pee a zillion times and it's often "OMG I need to pee right now; I can't hold it".  But I never get up at night to pee.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 I'm jealous! I'd be okay with more necessary breaks from my desk at work! haha. I hadn't been getting up at night to pee for a pretty long stretch (maybe since week 8 or so) but it started back up this week.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    I literally get up to pee AT LEAST 4-5 times every single night. Last night it was just 3, which is a freaking miracle. 
    Yeah @jackiesmom324 where are you girl?
  • Options
    @mrsorigami is it possible you have a uti? I read an article a few months ago about how certain tests produce false negatives for uti's. That's the only thing I can think of. Are you having any pain? Also, what's the problem with the prenatals? Do they make you sick, or do you forget?

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    Yesterday I had to get something from the bottom at the supermarket. When I got up, it felt like I pulled a muscle, but in my belly. I know not to train my abdominal muscles, but really body, when getting up out of a squat? Thanks a bunch!

It still feels a bit sensitive and I'm careful to get up sideways etc but it has me worried a little! 
  • Options
    cait5413 said:
    @mrsorigami is it possible you have a uti? I read an article a few months ago about how certain tests produce false negatives for uti's. That's the only thing I can think of. Are you having any pain? Also, what's the problem with the prenatals? Do they make you sick, or do you forget?
    So far no UTI has been determined, and I have no pain or anything like that going on.  I do have HG so I am wondering if maybe that could be a cause, since I am not drinking as much water as I should be-this week has been a much better week though.  And the prenatals just don't sit well with me, especially since I am pretty much sick all day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    Anyone dealing with high blood pressure? Being medicated for it? My OB just prescribed labetalol to treat high blood pressure. Didn't have an issue with bp before pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @FakeFinn I have this all this time. I think it's round ligament pain. When I turn over too quickly in bed I get a huge abdominal cramp for just a second and then the gone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    edited July 2017
    @kersey0208 yes. DD1 was taken early because of high BP. After losing 42lbs I was in the lowest dosage of labetalol there is. Two weeks ago I had a horrible headache. My BP was 160/110. I freaked out. He upped it to 200 mg twice a day. 

Fun side effect(sarcasm): my head tingles in the sun or when I'm drying my hair.  

edited to add: I am running around 110/70-120/80. You can take up to 800 mg a day 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @dkizz82! Good to hear i'm not alone and it's a super common symptom :)
  • Options
    @kersey0208 I had BP issues in my 3rd tri with DS and was on labetolol. My BP has been fine so far but I'm sure I'll be back on it come Sept or so. I felt so much better once I was on it. And like @dkizz82 , I was having bad headaches.
  • Options
    @dkizz82 thanks so much for sharing! I've been having horrible headaches..no wonder! My BP was 160/80 at my appointment Tuesday it's been slightly High since 8 weeks but just keeps going up she's starting me on 100 mgs twice day..
  • Options
    @acgonzalez22 good to know it helped you! 
  • Options
    When I was walking into work this morning I could very prominently feel my uterus. Like, not with my hands, but I could just feel it as I walked. Kind of a heaviness? It wasn't painful. It's the first time I've noticed that, so it was weird and cool.
    I've been feeling this too! I hadn't heard of it being a thing so I thought it was strange. I also notice it when I go to pee now - sometimes it feels like it smooshes my bladder.
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsorigami I hear the gummies are easier to stomach than the regular ones, but with HG all bets are off! 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Options
    @mrsorigami the gummies we're so much easier for me to stomach but I had to switch back to the pills because the gummies weren't giving the iron I needed so my blood count was low. Hope you find a solution!
  • Options
    im here @breezybee! Where is @amc_squared
    and omg yes on the bloating I literally look like I'm 30 weeks some days