December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 7/2!

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns Week of 7/2!

• Options
    atackatack member
    Anyone having Braxton hicks already???  

I had one one during my ultrasound yesterday so the tech confirmed that it was a BH.   I now know I've been having them sporadically for a week.  I'm 20+1 now.  Seems normal from what ive read, especially after multiple pregnancies (TTM).  Anyone else in the same boat?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KathrynJ088KathrynJ088 member
    edited July 2017
    @atack I have them pretty much daily now, but got scared around the 10 week mark because it was painful in my back too. They confirmed via US that I was having contractions and told me to rest and drink more water. Mine are usually more often when I'm not keeping up on my water intake, so I purchased a Hidrate Spark water bottle that tracks your water/liquid intake and connects to your phone via Bluetooth. I highly recommend for those struggling to drink more water! 

Edit: autocorrect fail
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am dying from the bloat omg!

• Options
    Hands and feet are both swelling up already! Ugh 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    I noticed today that my nipples are getting pretty puffy. Wtf? I knew they'd probably get darker but definitely wasn't expecting puffy nips! Anyone else?!
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    Ugh my hands and feet also swell 
  • Options
    All-over headache of doom has returned for its weekly(ish) visit!  It's so bad I can feel my heart beat in my teeth. The weirdest part is, when I first woke up this morning (it started yesterday evening) I couldn't feel it at first, but as the drowsiness gradually went away and I became more alert, I realized it was still there. WTF

I was hoping to avoid taking it but will obviously be driving my Fioricet rx straight to Walgreens as soon as I don't feel like bloody murder anymore.  
  • Options
    @moonlady-2 my nipples keep getting puffy too! It's so strange! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Yesterday we finally cleared out the guest room to prepare for the baby. I helped DH carry some items (futon, bookshelf, table), nothing too heavy, but the whole time - sitting or standing - baby girl was moving and kicking around in there like crazy!!! At one point it felt like her whole body flipped against the outside of my uterus and it made me sit down immediately. Of course it worried me that maybe she was in distress and I was doing too much. However I have continued to feel her more frequently since then and all I've been doing is resting. Maybe she is just getting stronger? I am 19 + 3.
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @moonlady-2 @ktcakes87 My nipples aren't puffy, but they are getting darker. I didn't know that was a thing LOL. I've also noticed that the pores on my boobs are very large now. It's really weird, but apparently that's a pregnancy thing as well per the nurse. I thought I was dying or something. My boobs look like a strawberry without the seeds  :s
  • Options
    @ktcakes87 LOL! For that one, I didn't need Google to freak me out, just seeing it had me BSC for a minute. 
  • Options
    Dr Google never fails to scare us lol
  • Options
    MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited July 2017
    Ummm did anyone else not know that pregnant women are more prone to mosquito bites? I'm in my own personal hell of mosquito bites and not a single other person got one this weekend. I was Googling why some people get more, and there was a list of nine reasons, and most of them didn't apply to me, then I got to number six...pregnancy. Yay. (If anyone didn't know, it's because pregnant women exhale like 21% more carbon dioxide, which attracts them, and also we're like 1.5 degrees (farenheit) warmer than other people.)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Oh the boobs and nips... After I stopped pumping with the boys my boobs deflated like balloons and now that I'm pregnant again they are nice and perky again, but they are also very veiny this time around.  It's kind of gross.  I wish they would stay this nice and perky. I'm not looking forward to sad mom boobs again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 I'm not looking forward to the sad mom boobs either. Once we decide we're finished having babies, I'm getting a breast reduction which will thankfully lift them as well. I've already grown out of my bras and I'm hoping this is as much as they'll grow. I was already huge pre-pregnacy. 
  • Options
    Saw my OB today about my downstairs issues, and she thinks it's the same thing I do  :( she took a swab to send off to the lab and won't be able to treat it until after babies arrive, but also said it shouldn't bother me at all, except it does and I'm pretty sure my husband too.

Also, I found a lump in my left armpit/boob region, and have to go to get an ultrasound and possibly mammogram tomorrow. 

WHY is my body failing me now?!? Feels like its working so hard on these babies, that it's just letting me fall apart. Anyway, think happy-cancer-free thoughts for me, I'm only slightly freaking out! 
  • Options
    Lots of good thoughts @KathrynJ088
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    @KathrynJ088 Tons of good thoughts your way! Hoping for good news.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Good luck @KathrynJ088 I know it will all work out but kudos to you for checking 

@Yodalsgreen good luck with all of that and please keep us posted. Sending you posi energy 
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 sending you good thoughts  <3
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 I get a swollen duct/ cyst under my armpit almost every period and also when preggo with DD. Hopefully that is all it is! Wishing you the best

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 I'll be keeping positive thoughts right along with you. 
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 I had something similar last pregnancy and it turned out to be nothing. Positive thoughts for you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 Ugh, like you need all these things to worry about right now?! Sending all my positive vibes your way.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @KathrynJ088 I'm so glad it turned out to be nothing serious!
  • Options
    @atack so many BH! I had them a ton with my first pregnancy too and had to have preterm labor stopped twice. I'm almost 21 weeks and had to have an "observation stay" at the hospital the other night because I had them every 10 minutes for 7 hours straight. Nurse did not believe me until they set up the monitor and they came like clockwork. Really hoping this was a flook and baby will stay put a good long while. 
  • Options
    I have never had BH! I don't even know what they feel like, I always thought that was a little weird. @KathrynJ088, congrats on your third boob!  ;)
  • Options
    @clovelyone I want to get a reduction post babies too! I was a 34G before my son and now I'm starting at a 38H.  I got back down to my prepregnancy weight, but unfortunately my boobs did not go back down.  I'm really hoping they don't get any bigger!
  • Options
    @Tigercakes I was a 38H or 36HH depending on the store (36HH is more reliable). I've already grown and it's pissing me off. Of course, when I lose weight, my boobs stay the same too. 
  • Options
    Ah ladies I feel your boob pain. I swear I'm a walking belly boob. 5'2' with a 36h. Normally 5'2 @ 120 lb w 36ddd. Wtf I look like I'm gonna fall straight on my face. Now at least I have a belly to match. 
  • Options
    Restless. Leg. Syndrome. Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @breezybee this started for me a few days ago. It's terrible! I feel your pain! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    breezybee said:
    Restless. Leg. Syndrome. Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it's really bad, try Benadryl. I know it's awful!!! Hope it goes away soon 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    @Marley629 I read that bendryl can actually make it worse (which I noticed for sure), so I stopped taking that. Now, I'll eat a banana and that usually helps. I'm eating like 2 a day at this point.  But holy crap, it's so annoying!
  • Options
    @mommamaya1 LOL! With both the belly and boobs I definitely look like I will fall forward. 
  • Options
    For those of you with restless legs, or leg cramps - have you tried magnesium supplements? I took them starting when I got pregnant with DS and continued until now, and I've never had either issue! It also really helps with sleep and some studies show preventing preeclampsia.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I feel like my hair is shedding a lot more than usual, which is the opposite of what I expected to happen.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kvacmak I haven't, NT I'll get my ass to a Walgreens today to pick some up. Thanks for the tip!