Infertility

Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

Re: Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

• @BusinessWife - Maybe the doctor is being conservative? I think there is still hope you will get more than 5 mature eggs. I think I got my fert report the day after.

I'm planning to announce to the in laws at Christmas, when we see them, and to my mom hopefully before Thanksgiving. I see my mom almost every weekend so it's hard not to drop the news early.

@tinjp78 - I agree, it is much easier this way to keep IVF between me and my husband. I don't think I can handle them questioning my choice about it and stuff.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Hopeful_mom I know DH worries about all the medications and MY HEALTH, too... :/
  • @ReesaAnne16 So happy to hear from you!  Glad you enjoyed a nice trip - you deserve it. ;)

This stuff is just such a rollercoaster... ugh.  Over it! Lol. If look at the measurements from the day prior, we had 5+6 in the 15-19 range, so I am going to stick with that and hope we get a decent turnout!  Eep!  I have to work all day tomorrow but not till 9AM, so fx I can find out prior to work starting so I dont have to stalk my phone all day for the voicemail lol

I hope you guys are all totally right.  Maybe I should never have even given what she said a second thought, but it's so hard not to when it's all so close to your heart. :/
  • @Hopeful_mom Ugh that sounds horrible with the crinone. I'm so glad your RE agrees it's a reaction and is taking you off it, even if you have to do PIO. That will still definitely be better, I think. I can't wait for your beta results. FX for you!

@BusinessWife I really know nothing, but I agree with everyone else that 5 seemed like a lowball. I hope you get some really great news today!

@tinjp78 Glad to hear your spotting finally stopped. That's really sweet of YH to take the day off, even though he probably doesn't need to, haha. 
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited September 2017
    @BusinessWife I was just stalking you for this report! So I'm guessing they did half natural fert and half icsi or something like that? My 8th embie last cycle was a late fert so it can happen... My guess is they will let you know tomorrow if any more fertilize and begin to develop. 7 is awesome so any extras will just be extra awesome!!
  • @dragonette505. Thanks for the encouragement - I will keep hoping for the best!  But no, we are all ICSI when it's surgically removed sperm. :/  that's why I mean I'm not sure What the deal is with the 9 they are watching... 
  • helloworld9helloworld9 member
    edited September 2017
    @BusinessWife That's a fantastic fert report!!

@Hopeful_mom You are so strong to wait until beta! Just a little more than a day to go!
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited September 2017
    Thanks @dragonette505 as sad as I feel for the 10 we lost, I am glad that they gave those 9 a shot... it's bittersweet for sure to have what we have, so hopefully more good news will make that eaiser.

Last time with only 10 mature, that means if 6 fertilized, we only really lost 4 at that stage, not 12.  I guess this just seems harder in a way bc we had 17 mature!!  How did 10 not even get to day 2??  A part of me wants to know why, and a part of me says to just let it go and not worry, bc it's not like "knowing" would bring them back.

Isn't that crazy, both times now, we have just a 1/3 fertilization rate from those retrieved?  ...and then a girl on insta who started stimming same night as me got 21 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized.  Like really?