December 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• Options
    DH and DS have been feeling her kick lately and it is the best feeling seeing their faces. My heart skips a beat when DS giggles and says baby.
  • Options
    mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited August 2017
    I felt baby's movements more strongly today than I ever have before, it felt like he was doing pirouettes and punches in my belly. I said it to DH and he pointed out that I was stressing about being stuck behind the slowest person on the planet while in line at the store, and the baby was probably reacting to my anxiety, which made me feel really bad. I hope I didn't upset the little guy, I'm going to have to work on making a concerted effort to stay zen.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anewadventure No, I totally hear you. Sometimes he's like the "nagging wife" stereotype for my pregnancy, and he stresses me out about my own stress. I'm high-anxiety as it is, unmedicated (by my own choice, but for various reasons), and sometimes the reminders are like snowballs rolling down a hill. That being said, he definitely doesn't mean to be like that, he is honestly concerned about me and the baby and is "trying to help" with his reminders and admonishments, but, like... if that approach hasn't actually helped me in the decade we've been together, why would it start helping now? 
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    djd0404 said:
    I felt baby's movements more strongly today than I ever have before, it felt like he was doing pirouettes and punches in my belly. I said it to DH and he pointed out that I was stressing about being stuck behind the slowest person on the planet while in line at the store, and the baby was probably reacting to my anxiety, which made me feel really bad. I hope I didn't upset the little guy, I'm going to have to work on making a concerted effort to stay zen.
    This seems like a "WTF, Paul?" moment to me. DH would have gotten an earful if he had said that to me. You should be excited you can feel baby so much! He was saying hi, not telling you to chill out. Being zen is a great goal to keep your blood pressure down, but feeling the kicks and squirms might have been enough to distract you/release some happy feelings--you don't need the guilt!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Do babies actually kick more if you're stressed? I have had my moments, and definitely don't notice them kicking specifically around those times. Usually when I'm stressed (idiots driving around me is like 90% of it), I have BH and remind myself that whatever it is isn't worth it to calm myself down.
  • Options
    I have been feeling internal movement from 13 weeks, flutters, rolls, waves, and pushes, but very few defined kicks yet! Having di/di twins, but both placentas are anterior. I had an anterior placenta with my son as well, and didn't feel him until 20 weeks or so. It's probably a blessing, based on how much I see these girls moving on the ultrasound- I'd never be able to sleep!

Hubby finally felt movement today, just past 20 weeks. Baby A was doing a gymnastics routine and he caught the grand finale. Baby B is usually my live wire, so this was a pleasant surprise! 
  • Options
    Baby B has found my ribs..  :s 
  • Options
    She's breech in there, and I've gotten a whole lotta zingers to my lady bits.... its awesome when you're standing in line at the grocery store and all of a sudden your knees buckle. Its awkward explaining 'Lightening Crotch" to a kid who looks like he's MAYBE 17 years old haha. 
    Yesterday at my routine appointment, she actually kicked while my dr had the doppler on my belly searching for the heartbeat. My OB commented that she's already like her sister and doesnt like weird things invading her space. I was surprised he remembered that about DD1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wish I could post a video.. I got about 20 seconds of visible baby kicks on camera the other day! 
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 you can turn videos into gifs on a lot of free sites and then post the gif. I'd love to see the kicks!
  • Options
    DH felt baby kick last night. She was so active the whole night. It was fun! That was the only part of pregnancy i enjoyed last time. Thankfully, this one is better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ahhh I just felt a kick with my hand, then she stopped, then my stomach basically did the wave! So crazy. She's partying in there. DH is at work and I can't decide if I'll tell him or not because he's so hoping to feel her and I don't want him to be disappointed.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I text DH whenever LO is having a party in there and I always get the happy-sappiest replies. Even though he's only felt LO once, just telling him that the little guy is kicking makes him really happy. I think it depends on your DH!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I couldn't hold it in and did text him! I didn't mention feeling her from the outside, just that it was visible and then I said maybe he'd feel her soon.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 It worked! Ahhh that's so cool! Can't wait until my LOs start having stronger kicks like that!
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 that's great!! So cute to watch!!!

• Options
    @KathrynJ088 That is so cool! I can't wait to see that. 
  • Options
    This might warrant a new thread, but is anyone using a kick counter tracker app? I am starting to feel more regular movements (21 weeks) and want a good app to track. I downloaded one from the UK yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be very good. Anyone have anything they've been using that they like?
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @abcola I know Ovia has a kick counter built into the app, I haven't used it yet but I've read good things.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I used Ovia last pregnancy and it was pretty good. Although, I will say I would suggest waiting until a little later to really truly start tracking. I managed to freak myself out a few times when everything was normal, just because DD was still a little too small for me to feel all the time. But it is good to go ahead and get prepped for when you need to start tracking!
  • Options
    @abcola I specifically asked my midwife about kick counts and she said the ACOG actually doesn't recommend them until after 30 weeks. And even then they encourage you to just be aware of babe's sleep/wake movement cycles rather than # of kicks 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt the baby move on the outside last night! I tried to get DH to feel it. He said he felt something but I think it was in his head because I didn't feel her kick on the inside, haha.
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @kyrwyn - that's adorable. 

Twice now my H has said he felt the baby kick on the outside when I didn't feel anything on the inside.  Both times he was being really cute about it, so I didn't mention that I don't think he felt anything.  But I wonder if its in his head, or if he really could be feeling something that I don't feel.  (no right? that seems crazy?)

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @kyrwyn That sounds hilarious!
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kyrwyn - that's adorable. 

Twice now my H has said he felt the baby kick on the outside when I didn't feel anything on the inside.  Both times he was being really cute about it, so I didn't mention that I don't think he felt anything.  But I wonder if its in his head, or if he really could be feeling something that I don't feel.  (no right? that seems crazy?)
    I've felt movement on the outside myself when I couldn't feel it on the inside, so I would say it's possible. There's always the chance the baby is kicking placenta so it's muffled on the inside.
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited August 2017
    @abcola Similar to @kvacmak my ob said I don't have to start doing kick counts until 28 weeks.  So I'd ask your doc at your next appointment.  

I visited a friend yesterday to meet her 2 month old and she said she never did kick counts, after clearing it with her ob, she just relied on knowing baby's schedule.  Her feeling was that trying to do the counts would make her overly anxious.

Does anyone else feel like their kicks haven't gotten stronger?  I feel like they've felt the same for 3-4 weeks now :confused:  But then a lot of what I'm reading says "Oh, well wait until 25 or 26 weeks and they'll get strong out of nowhere."  Just wondering if anyone's having a similar experience or has before?

ETA I'm 24+0 today, and H has been able to feel them for about 2-3 weeks. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    skc040512skc040512 member
    edited August 2017
    @whiska my kicks felt the same from about 16 weeks - 22 weeks this time around. All of the sudden, they have gotten a LOT stronger and more consistent. I remember with DD1 the same thing happened  (around 28 weeks). Idk if she's just getting more active, bigger, or stronger (or all 3!) but eventually they get it in gear

Edited for typo...
  • Options
    @whiska mine have! Just about a week ago (when I was 23 weeks), DH finally was able to feel a strong kick. My mom felt one yesterday. I feel like for a while just I could feel them because they were fairly light. I would have DH put his hand on my stomach and he got nothing, but now we're in business. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @whiska like @Skcobb & @peachy13 mine have definitely gotten a lot stronger in the last week or two (23 weeks now). Like can DEFINITELY see from the outside and feel a solid thunk from the outside. Just wait until you're getting a foot in the ribs and you'll be like 'uuuuugh why did I wish he/she got stronger?' hahahaha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers