July 2016 Moms

May Randoms

Re: May Randoms

• @LDSJM123 I know you said no Europe, but our honeymoon to Northern Ireland was actually more affordable then if we had gone to a resort in Florida, and we went in June. Beautiful scenery, nice but not grueling walks, and our cottage was so private and relaxing. Also I've heard awesome things about Lake Louise in Canada...my parents went there for an anniversary and raved about it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
    LDSJM123kburg15
  • @LDSJM123 Canada tends to be pretty affordable plus it's so nice. We ended up going to a conference there and went back for our honeymoon.  
    LDSJM123
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope everyone had an amazing Mother's Day!! 

Question: with anyone's first pregnancy did they get a false negative pregnancy test... still no period and I just feel like I am somewhat feeling the fatigue bloating crappiness of early pregnancy.. but I tested today and got a negative (tested first thing in the am)... the first day of my last period was April 11th and it was my first period back from having the baby.. any insight anyone?
  • @onesassybishh from my understanding, first few PP periods can be pretty all over the place. My cycle never really got "set" until maybe the 4th or 5th period.
    holly142FTM53
  • kburg15kburg15 member
    Yes I've also heard that the first few periods back after having baby can be all over the place and unpredictable. 

Mine has been back since 3 months and it's super heavy for 2 days (way more than pre-preg) every single time, but then pretty light after that. 

And we went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico (El Dorado Royale) and it was really affordable, plus there were activities included to do and one day we paid a little extra and went on a snorkeling excursion which was really fun. Also my friend is in Hawaii right now and she booked it through Costco which she said saved them a ton of money and made it very reasonable!
    LDSJM123holly142
  •  I'm so over sick baby. We get a break for a few weeks then it's something else. It usually ends up being teeth but I'm not sure this time.
    Wet cough, low grade fever, stuffed up, and coughing so hard he vomits. You'd never know it looking at him. Happy as ever but momma knows. 
    babycakesdayFTM53
  • @DachshundMomma Ears? Bronchiolitis? Beck magically got a double ear infection after only having bronchiolitis for not even 48 hours. Terrible wet cough, also coughed so hard he vomited, we had no fever at all though so I had no idea what was going on. 24 hours of antibiotics later and I had a new baby. 
    DachshundMomma
  • @shanparadise I'm not sure. It isn't like his last ear infection. He gets stuffy and fevers with every new tooth. I think his two front teeth are trying to come down. I just gave him some Motrin  (fever of 101) and now he's passed out in my lap. I'm going to monitor it thru the day. He never had this cough before so that's what is worrying me.
  • babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited May 2017
    @DachshundMomma I'm with you on this one. I feel like lately I can't catch a break with Baby J. This week we all caught a stomach bug. Dr said it's because from 6 months to a year they're building up their immune system. I just want to not feel so stuck in the house. 

Hope he gets better! 
    DachshundMommaLDSJM123
  • @DachshundMomma The cough terrified me. It was affecting his breathing so that was the main reason I took him in. I thought we were going to end up at the hospital. Its still lingering a little but it cleared up after a few days. 
  • Ugh sick baby days are the worst :( Hope everyone starts feeling better!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • I'm sorry to hear about all the colds going around! But glad to hear all the babes seem to be maintaining a positive attitude!!! 
  • So I read this morning that Chris Cornell (Soundgarden and Audioslave) passed away while on tour. They are investigating what happened.
    For some reason that made me so much more sad than I would have imagined. :cry: Maybe it's because he left kids behind, or maybe it's just emotional that so much from my past is changing (people passing, things being torn down/changed etc). Maybe both and more. Either way RIP Chris Cornell, you were a wonderful musician and will be missed.
    TiffRox81
  • Well, teething is coming at us full force. Every tooth he gets it's worse than the one prior. The amount of mucus is insane. Which lead to late night vomiting, twice. On me. He didn't sleep more than an hour at a time. Currently he's been down for 3 hours. I hope he wakes up feeling better and has some relief. 
    GBrootsFTM53
  • @DachshundMomma - ugh poor baby!  I hope you both get a break soon!  Teething is miserable and it sounds like he struggles with it big time :(  Every time we get a new tooth i'm like yay!! then quickly say oh wait...there are like 20 more...ugh
    FTM53
  • jomama1618jomama1618 member
    edited May 2017
    @DachshundMomma, so sorry for you and your sweet guy! We have got a similar deal going on here (first tooth, bottom left, through on the 1st. Second, top left, on the 15th. Now both bottom and top right are coming in.) I feel like it's been non stop teething. We aren't quiet back to the vomiting stage yet. So many non creepy hugs for you and bub. Hopefully you both get some sleep and relief!
  • @joberkiser we've been non stop teething too. Over the last month it's been 1 week off, one week if hell lol
    jomama1618
  • We have molars coming in and they are HELL!!! Q is in a terrible mood and is just overall miserable. He has 4 on top and 4 on bottom already, so I thought we were used to the whole teething thing, but the molars are insanely more difficult. I have never seen my kid in this bad of a mood. I hope it ends soon! For all of us!! 
  • Omg omg @arhodes6!! I'm sorry to hear all that. We haven't enjoyed teething nights in our house either. Out of curiosity, have you given him Tylenol or Motrin? If so did that help at all? 
  • @TiffRox81 we have done Tylenol but I had my husband buy Motrin so we can see what works best. He is just so grumpy it's terrible! 
    TiffRox81
  • For one reason or another, M is always a week or two behind everyone else's littles (in this group). We are hopping on the cranky, snotty, low grade fever, not too happy train with y'all. She's chewing on her hands but I can't see anything. So I think it's a combo of a leap and teeth. Joy Joy (insert eye roll). 
    kburg15jomama1618
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    Yep to teeth...I *think* it's his top teeth. They have been making him miserable for a couple of weeks. I give him tylenol and that seems to help, but I feel bad because Hes always crying with his hands in his mouth and his ears have little scratches in them for him pulling them and digging around.
  • Ugh, sounds like we're all in the same boat. Teething is the worst! Thankfully we're in a short period of relief, but the top teeth still haven't cut even though they're trying so I'm sure it will be short lived. He was miserable last weekend with low grade fever and snottiness and swollen gums. Big hugs to everyone, hope it gets better soon!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    FTM53
  • Hope everyone's babes are back to normal soon!  Meanwhile we still have no teeth and I'm starting to freak out.
    kburg15jjtrufflesjomama1618
  • I guess I should be thankful I don't have to deal with getting bitten while nursing..? Maybe she'll get teeth after she's weaned, which may be soon since my supply is starting to drop.
    kmurdock925kburg15TiffRox81onesassybishh
  • I kind of miss my babies not having teeth. With them both having 5 teeth (almost 6) they look like little toddlers, not babies, and I'm not ready for that!
    babycakesdayholly142TiffRox81jomama1618
  • @schaze I was worried about biting while nursing toobut it's only happened once when I was trying to nurse E and he just wanted to play (my bad).  What happens more often is what I call unfortunate dismounts- he'll unlatch and not open his mouth completely and the teeth scrape the nipple.  It's not too bad though.
    babycakesdayLDSJM123jomama1618
  • Anyone know of a good sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin?  I put on coopertone baby one we had and he got a rash everywhere from it?  The only lotion that we use is vanicream do they carry sunscreen?
  • @john5111 Aveeno makes one, so far no problems with it. Generally their stuff seems pretty gentle.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • @john5111- California Baby makes a super sensitive sunscreen. We use their super sensitive body wash and love it! 
  • kburg15kburg15 member
    All the snot, none of the teeth over here. Although I'll miss the gummy smile. 

Neutrogena Pure and Free baby sunscreen was recommended by our dermatologist and it was great while we were at the beach! F has baaaad dry skin and eczema but this at least didn't make it worse. 
  • AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited May 2017
    We are still completely toothless at 10.5 months lol however she has been ramping up the crustiness and grinding her soother on her gums lately. I'm hoping if it's teething they come in soon and I can have my normally happy lil monkey back! My mum said I didn't get any until 14 months.
    kburg15
  • Ended up going to the Urgent Care clinic yesterday because DS seemed to have more than just teething. Turns out he has an upper respiratory infection on top of it all. Can't wait until he's back to normal but I admit this mellow, cuddly baby is nice. I haven't had to pick up toys in days. 
    babycakesdayjomama1618kmurdock925
  • @DachshundMomma Oh no, poor baby! How long did they tell you it would take for it to clear out? Hope he gets better soon. 
  • @babycakesday they didn't say. I hope it doesn't last too long. He's so tired and lethargic, just not his normal self. Nursing has been awful too, for both of us lol