September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• Congrats!!! Team pink! So exciting! @HollyGolightly09
  • Loading the player...
  • How did I miss that you're a red head?? We're supposed to instinctively know. But maybe that why I liked you from the start??

I think my husband is secretly sad that there is not a little red headed girl in our future. But I think a little red headed boy will be just as good.

Any plans to get confirmation, or just wait and see?

• My random: I hated all five things I got from Oldnavy.com. they are all going back. I am cranky about it.
  • edited March 2017
    @jena333 it's definitely red, lol. DH is SO hoping we have a little red headed girl.. me, not so much. I positively loathed my hair when I was little. It legitimately caused me many tears because I was so very shy and it drew so much attention. I'm good with it now, but I had a rough few years, lol.

ETA- I didn't even answer your question, lol. We'll just wait and see what the anatomy scan says. We're going with girl for now, but keeping an open mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• jena333 said:
    My random: I hated all five things I got from Oldnavy.com. they are all going back. I am cranky about it.
    I just ordered five things from Old Navy. :grimace: 

• mrs_tacos said:
    @mrs_tacos you changed!!! 
    I did, but I'm the same ol' sasshole on the inside. ;)
    Thank God for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 congrats on a baby girl!!
  • @wyomama0427 lol, so cute. I was always putting things on my head when I was younger... even at like 12/13 I would put laundry baskets on my head. My mom says I always told her I felt safe....hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrs_tacos said:

jena333 said:
    My random: I hated all five things I got from Oldnavy.com. they are all going back. I am cranky about it.
    May the odds be ever in your favor! My problem was mostly that I ordered too big, so everything looked really sloppy. The pants I ordered (like a dark navy linen) were the correct size, but the waist and belly part were awful. And the legs so long! I could just envision myself getting a pant leg caught on something at work and pantsing myself in front of lots of people.
  • @wyomama0427 omg I love him! How cute. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jena333 said:
    mrs_tacos said:

jena333 said:
    May the odds be ever in your favor! My problem was mostly that I ordered too big, so everything looked really sloppy. The pants I ordered (like a dark navy linen) were the correct size, but the waist and belly part were awful. And the legs so long! I could just envision myself getting a pant leg caught on something at work and pantsing myself in front of lots of people.
    I did go to the store first and try on a few things, so hopefully I'll be ok. Their prices are much better online. But just in case...

• @jena333 cute dress! I would probably size down 1 since it does tie... with one size smaller you could probably tie it and it look right. I need to order some stuff. My pants situation is getting sad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmar1006cmar1006 member
    edited March 2017
    @jena333 cute dress! I would probably size down 1 since it does tie... with one size smaller you could probably tie it and it look right. I need to order some stuff. My pants situation is getting sad. 
    Same! With DD I was in regular jeans until about 20 weeks with the help of a belly band. With these twins I am like "forget that." I have one really comfy pair of maternity pants and I have been wearing them to death. The majority of my other maternity clothes are warm weather clothes. Can it just be summer yet so I can wear skirts and dresses all the time!?!?

eeited because spelling is hard. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 Congrats on the girl!!! So happy for you. 
    @jena333 I think a size down would work a little better. Cute dress!!
    @mrs_tacos I was reading the Mommy Box thread and didn't recognize you, but you had 12 love it's so I thought you must be a regular. Great job on the name change!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited March 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 what kind of diapers did you get? I've started getting newborn simplex. I used cloth on both kids (dd2 is still in cloth) but never started until one size fit. I decided to try newborn this time around. 
    Whoa sorry so late to this..

I'm doing GMD cotton prefolds, Nickis Imagine Bamboo prefolds, and Thirsties Hemp prefolds. Cover with Thirsties Duo Wrap. For night time, I have Thirsties Natural Fitteds, with Thirsties hemp inserts, cover with Duo Wrap or some nights I have Sloombs Woolies (x4).

ETA: Try not to do all AIOs for newborns! The runny newborn poop needs to be kept in well with prefolds "jelly-rolled" and a double- gusset cover! :) Fitteds are a great option too just much more expensive!! That's why they are great for nighttime - great absorbency but you can do less since it's just night time and not all day long :) 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 Sorry to confuse you, I just wanted to change how much of my personal information was in my username! And we have not forgotten you, no worries! I hope things slow down for you soon. :)

• I was going to post this last night, but it got late and I got tired, lol. But I need to vent... 

I mentioned in the "pressure to have one sex over another" thread about how my MIL has made no secret of wanting this baby to be a boy.

Well, when DH told her it's a girl her exact words were "Well, that's okay. We'll love it anyway." 

WTF?!? Who says something like that? When he said something to her about it she tried to back off and say "that's not how I meant it" but how else could she have meant that? 

I was furious. DH, on the other hand, had his feeling very hurt. He just said "My dad would have never said that. He would have been excited." (His dad passed away a few years ago.) 

I could seriously slap her. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 What?! What a punk face. I'd be so furious. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @HollyGolightly09 I am so sorry she said that. That's just so sad. Hopefully she'll make up for it. There's really no excuse for that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 What a terrible thing to say! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. People need to think before they open their mouths :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @HollyGolightly09 wow. What a biotch move. Just for that she would be the last to hold her. 
  • @HollyGolightly09 I am so sorry she said that. That is a horrible thing to say. I am glad your husband said something vs just staying quiet. I say screw her. You and DH will have a beautiful little girl. They are more fun to dress and easier to potty train. Enjoy team pink!

• @jena333 I realized recently that I never intro'd either but I read the posts and updated the spreadsheet. I post some but not tons. It bothers me though because I feel like I need to post something in the intro. Haha