May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 2.13 - 2.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.13 - 2.17

• Options
    @MrsFox2008 Do you have a Wet Brush? That thing is life saver!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe no never heard of it! I'll have to check it out! Thanks :) 

@thistlenweeds thanks, I'll look into  ;)

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Kipperoo super planner here too! I have had everything I need for my hospital bag for about 4-5 weeks now just haven't packed my bag yet :) 
    enjoy your dinner with you friend tonight!! 

• Options
    I have a list of stuff to buy for my hospital bag, ha. That's about it.
  • Options
    I want to go ahead and have my list ready. I'll start it up :)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @MrsFox2008 I have really curly hair, if you hadn't noticed from my HBDB pics  ;) definitely brushing her hair while wet is going to be the best! Anything coconut is awesome for curly hair! I use Eden BodyWorks curl defining cream, not that you want to put that in your DD hair already, but its not stiff or anything like that. You can barely tell you have it on! They may have a leave in conditioner that would work too to help with tangles. I'll leave humectress conditioner in while using the Eden product. My mom is a hair stylist so we've tried many products on my hair! I'll see what she used, if anything, when I was younger. I obviously don't remember anything other than leave in conditioner when I was old enough to do some of it myself and then graduated to the gel type products. It has definitely been a process getting to where my hair is now and loving it! I even tried permanently straightening it because I was being called names (Fro was my nickname forever! My BFF's brother and his friends gave me it and some of them never knew my actual name!). Anyway, I'll see what my mom says and let you know! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @MrsFox2008 & @nda_roxybabe I second the wet brush. Once I had one there is no going back.

Also you have all inspired me to start my excel spreadsheet of what to put in my hospital bag!

Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Are anyone elses nails growing at an insane rate? I cut them short and with in a week they are talons again!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsFox2008 & @nda_roxybabe I second the wet brush. Once I had one there is no going back.

Also you have all inspired me to start my excel spreadsheet of what to put in my hospital bag!

Apparently I've never heard of this. What's a wet brush/how's it different? My hair is a weird texture. It's like it's trying to be curly, and I can get a bit of loose wavy curl if I try hard and let it air dry just so. But, if I touch it too much or apply any heat whatsoever (blow dry), it's straight with a swoop at the ends. I've never quite figured out how to get it to dry well with curl. It usually just ends up a frazzly non-styled mess that I put up until I wash it again. Anywho, reason for the backstory is just that I'm wondering if this brush might be something I should try.
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 thank you for your response :) 

@Louise_Belcher and @nda_roxybabe definitely going to check it out, I'm with @starphish18 I've never heard of it! @nda_roxybabe it sounds great I might just have to get one for myself too :) 

• Options
    @starphish18 Just like @nda_roxybabe said. My MIL got me one as a gift after loving her's. She has what I would call a beautiful lion's mane. Large wavy hair. I have manageable hair that is straight with a mild fuzz when allowed to air dry. I also have my mom hooked and she has course VERY thick hair that used to be very curly, and has transferred into kind of unmanageable frizz territory during menopause. This brush works wonderfully through wet or dry hair. My mom can actually brush her hair with it wet and it would take her much effort with a pick previously when her hair was wet. My original one started looking like a nasty old toothbrush and apparently it was the only thing I asked for for Christmas this year because I am now stocked with 3 of them. They make a baby hair brush too. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    They sell the wet brush at my local target :) (I love how the app tells me what they sell, what's in stock and not and which aisle it's on) looks like I'll be purchasing two during my target run this week!!! 

• Options
    I'm late to the game but so sorry you're going through this @CherryBananas! I'll be sending good thoughts your and baby's way!
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of a wet brush before either, but now I'm thinking of picking one up. My hair is a tangled disaster most of the time and using a comb on it when wet is really time consuming.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    For everyone who promoted zantac... good grief why did I suffer so long!?!?!?! OB called it in yesterday and I am feeling like I may actually make it through this pregnancy now without bitching about heartburn all day long!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, so I talked to my mom the hair stylist :) she said when I was little she use Paul Mitchell's detangler and a wide tooth comb, which is till use now while I'm in the shower actually. She also said the wet brush is good but don't yank or take their th your hair because it will damage the ends and make your hair more frizzy just thought I'd share her tips :) 

• Options
    @BabyMC517 thank you so much for asking her!! That was very helpful  :)

• Options
    Not a problem @MrsFox2008 :)

• Options
    Ok off to look at the wet brush! DD1s hair is straight but super thick. She also insists on it being "long like rapunzel" but she complains anytime I need to brush her hair! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing! 

• Options
    DD has silky fine hair that is pin straight which is impossible to do anything with, it just slides out of braids or ponys. I have super thick, easily tangled hair and remember many evenings of tears as my mom tried to detangle it. I'm interested to see as she gets older if it will get thicker.  We always keep her hair pulled back in a little rubber hair tie as they do the best job of keeping the majority of it up. She's currently in a mullet stage if it's down. I need to start looking up Pinterest ideas for little girl hair as I have zero hair knowledge. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 Have you tried those little rubber hair ties? I think it's Goody brand. They are usually pastel colors and look a little like the rubber bands for braces.  They are basically only one use but come a couple hundred in a pack. We use them for DD. They stay in pretty well. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Yep we have those...thankfully they get the job done, but if she runs or plays too much it will eventually slide out. We can do a single pony in the back or two side pony's with those.  We go through them like crazy! I'm looking forward to having a boy this time so we don't have to do the hair thing again 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 Have you tried those little rubber hair ties? I think it's Goody brand. They are usually pastel colors and look a little like the rubber bands for braces.  They are basically only one use but come a couple hundred in a pack. We use them for DD. They stay in pretty well. 

I second these! They are the only thing that work and that I still use in DD1s hair at 5years old. 

Alrhough I'm convinced we go through them so quickly because they are lost throughout the house. I find them in the most random places... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I've noticed some who only post on HDBD...I was like who are you? 

• Options
    Just checking in so no one thinks I'm a random!!  :D I'm such a lurker lately! 
    For anyone keeping track, another vote for the Wet Brush here! I have super fine but thick hair and it tangles SO easily. The wet brush changed my life. Glad I found it before I have a little girl who won't let me brush her hair! 
  • Options
    Just checking in so no one thinks I'm a random!!  :D I'm such a lurker lately! 
    For anyone keeping track, another vote for the Wet Brush here! I have super fine but thick hair and it tangles SO easily. The wet brush changed my life. Glad I found it before I have a little girl who won't let me brush her hair! 
    You'll never be a random! I've totally felt like such a lurker lately as well, not nearly commenting as much. I'm just in a winter funk I think. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    Also, who are all these randoms commenting in the various advice threads and GTKYs??!! I take your advice with a grain of salt if I've never seen you comment before... 
    I noticed someone the other day, I can't remember their username now. So when I looked they literally only post on ticker changes, GTKY, and AW posts and their own post about something... I was supper cranky that day and wanted to call them out, but I refrained.... 
    So this is making me kinda nervous as a new person... Like the club is set and new people aren't welcome anymore.  
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds oh okay! Got it. I got nervous like I had over stepped somewhere. Thanks for the reassurance! :)
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    @Ejjaba2009 np :) we have weekend randoms too!
  • Options
    @Ejjaba2009 Like thistlenweeds said, don't worry! Even though you're newer, I already recognize your username, because you've been posting here and there. It's just odd when people literally never contribute except to post a HBDB picture or whatnot and never actually engage the group.
  • Options
    @starphish18 thanks! It's good to know that I'm not being irritating lol
    BabyName Ticker