September 2017 Moms

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• IncandescentIncandescent member
    edited May 2017
    I love Luna for a girl @sierralouwho that was on our list for a girl! So pretty! 
    I like Norbert because it was one of my grandpas names, he was so patient with my grandma and would pay me 25 cents to bring him his shoes.
    Eta: the second part of my comment disappeared.
    DH doesnt love it, but hasnt vetoed.
    We also like Bernard, Herbert, Augustus, Henry

• @aligail

While I am SUPER partial to the name Kaia (it's my niece's name!), If your other two kids are both L names, I would stick with another L name. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm at a loss! We were thinking Taylor for our little guy (family name), but are now second guessing it. I'm really loving the name Ryder Alexander. Alexander is also a family name. But DS is River. Is that too similar? River and Ryder? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So I was really into the name Leighton for a girl but now I am loving the names Naomi, Landon and Cambria.  If it is a boy we will go with Nathan Alexander.
  • @bridge-and-wall yeah that's what DH thought, too. This is hard .

Pregnancy Ticker

• @iheartichi I like the way River and Taylor flow...I don't mind kids with names that start with the same letter but River and Ryder are just a little matchy like you said. All good names though!
  • @JustBored10 I'm a fan of Naomi! I had a great aunt with that name and I just remember as a kid how fun she was even as a little old lady! Lol
  • Now that we know we are having two boys we have the naming challenges. 

Back story:  my name is really Christina, DH is Chris. Cute, right? Neither of us go by our real first names.. long story. 

Well, my brother is Christopher and he married Christine. Cute again, right? 

My sister also married a Christopher. What can I say? We have a type. Haha. 

DH's father passed away 6 years ago and we want to use the Americanized version of his name for one of the boys. It would be Theodore. 

With using Theodore as one name I feel like the other son should also have a family name. 

Our one and only nephew, who is 23, has the middle name Alexander, which I really like. But not sure I would want to use it. But it's really the only contender I have that I like with Theodore and it being a family name. Oliver is another family name, which I think would be perfect with Theodore (Teddy and Ollie, how cute is that!?), but DH is a hard no on Oliver. 

DH has suggested using Christian, but I don't know if I can get on board with ANOTHER Chris name.

So my questions for you guys are...

Am I looking into too much for the boys to both have family names? If we give one a family name should we give the other a family name as well?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 My SIL is Christine and her husband is Christopher. They both go by their first names.  When they had a son, family pushed hard for Christian, so they could call him Chris Cubed. SIL was not a fan and didn't cave. Personally, I wouldn't do another Chris name either. Then your daughter and your other son aren't in the cool club with mom and dad. 

I think it's nice to use family names for both boys if you have family names that you both like and want to use. I don't think it's a requirement. Just because one twin got his grandfather's name doesn't mean the other one needs a name with a strong family connection. Pick the name that you love. If that's a family name, great. If not, it will still be a very special name that you chose for your son. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • winerenwineren member
    @cmar1006 I'm also team Teddy and Ollie. That's adorable and the names fit great without being super matchy. I would also agree with avoiding the Chris (which I actually love as a name - it's my dad's name and DH was dead set against). You could always look further back for family names? I agree that it's not a requirement, but if it's something you'd prefer to do, maybe pull out family trees? Or you could look at close friends or honorary family members as a namesake and have that be the factor tying them together. 

Good luck! Either way, Theodore is super super cute.
  • @cmar1006 I agree with @HollyGolightly09 in that I'd feel like I'd need to give them both a family name one way or another. I love Theodore, Oliver and Alexander!! Lots of good choices. Using a middle name as a family name would be easier if it's something one of you isn't 100% on. And yeah, naming 2 boys at the same time would be so hard! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• JNR6510JNR6510 member
    So DH has now decided he doesn't want the name Laurel for our little girl. Apparently it reminds him too much of someone that he strongly dislikes.

Finding names he likes is like pulling teeth, but he seems to be keen on Collette and Vivianne.
  • JNR6510 said:
    So DH has now decided he doesn't want the name Laurel for our little girl. Apparently it reminds him too much of someone that he strongly dislikes.

Finding names he likes is like pulling teeth, but he seems to be keen on Collette and Vivianne.
    Oh, boo! Y'all had been decided on Laurel for a while, hadn't you? 

I do love Vivianne, though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JNR6510 said:

I feel your pain. DH and I went through the saaaaame thing trying for names. 
  • JNR6510 said:

Aw man!!! I'm so sorry! Men can be so funny about this sort of thing. I really like Vivianne. It's good he likes something, though!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 Get him a list of famous people named Oliver. Oliver Stone comes to mind. Maybe it will help him to see past Oliver Twist. I think Theodore and Oliver go really well together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @cmar1006 I think Teddy and Ollie is so awesome together! I hope YH comes around!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @cmar1006 Get him a list of famous people named Oliver. Oliver Stone comes to mind. Maybe it will help him to see past Oliver Twist. I think Theodore and Oliver go really well together.
    Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to do. Hopefully after hearing it a lot from me he will come around. Fingers crossed. I agree, I think they are perfect together. 

@juliebeannn yes! Thank you!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    @HollyGolightly09 Yes. DH had picked it out around the time we found out we were having a girl. 
  • holly52holly52 member
    Ladies I'm torn between Juliette and Scarlett. Middle name will be Roxanne. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • winerenwineren member
    I like Juliette better with Roxanne too. Although Scarlett is a cute name :-)
  • @cmar1006 what about Olivier(french ponounciation)?
  • @holly52 I know 2 little Scarletts (super cute) and no Juliettes.  I'm not sure where they each fall on the popularity lists,  but Scarlett seems to be trending with my circle.   I love the name Juliette.

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Juliette better
  • Could you use a family surname with Theodore ? We recently ran into a new baby boy and his parents named him Wilkes after her mom's family. Thought that was really cute and strong too. 

We are back back to Oliver Gregory (Greg being my oldest late brother)

we could call him Ollie or OG for a fun nickname

also still considering Addison as a first, and calling him Sonny. DH is Adam and Addison, although I always imagined it a girls name, means son of Adam. 
  • Oh! And I love Vivienne! Beautiful name and sweet Viv or Vivvi is a great nickname. 

I prefer Juliette Roxanne.  
  • @cmar1006, DS is Theodore Robert, NN Teddy. Originally I wanted his nickname to be Theo, but Teddy stuck and it fits him much better anyway. I like the combination with Oliver! My husband has made similar comments about Oliver in the past too.

We are trying a strategy that we used with DS. For the next 18 weeks or until I deliver we are going to try out one name that we like per week. I have already been able to eliminate one name in the past two weeks using that strategy. This week, DD is Lucy. It's growing on me, but it feels a bit young, and I can't stand Lucille or Lucinda. 
  • edited May 2017
    @CoastalMomma How about Lucia? 

Edit: Or, maybe Louisa with the nick name Lucy?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CoastalMomma how cool your DS is Theodore Robert! Robert is DH middle name, which is why we chose it. I love Theo, too. But DH dad went by Teddy, so he wants to call him that. I don't mind it, really. It's cute. 

I really feel like the name for the other boy will be Oliver or Alexander. He wants to be able to tell family this weekend, but I don't know if either of us are ready to give in on the second baby's name yet. We'll see. Should be interesting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006, somehow I skipped over your mention of your DS' middle name. That is a coincidence!  And to top it off, my DH's middle name is Robert as well which is also partially why we chose that for DS. (It is also my brother's first name) Depending on the first name we choose for DD, we may continue that tradition passing on my middle name, Elizabeth, to her. 
  • @CoastalMomma my middle name is Elizabeth, too! We gave it to DD. She's Giselle Elizabeth. 
    Pregnancy Ticker