September 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• Options
    @tfrangul that part is so hard! But if you keep it secret you avoid all the feedback. Nobody could criticize our choice (to our face at least) when DS was born and we got to say "do you want to hold Jacob?"
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm still having trouble with names this time! Granted we haven't discussed it seriously all that much but I keep thinking about it and nothing is standing out.

I'm also stressing about what to use as a middle name for a boy. My family tends to honour family members who have passed in the middle spot. Both our mothers have passed away so a girl will have one of theirs. I don't know who to use for a boy. And DH doesn't really care about middle names so he has no input. Naming a person is hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tfrangul I'm in the same boat! We are team green and plan to come up with a few top choices for each sex, then decide when we meet them. People can't live with that response, and it's really annoying. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    I'm still having trouble with names this time! Granted we haven't discussed it seriously all that much but I keep thinking about it and nothing is standing out.

I'm also stressing about what to use as a middle name for a boy. My family tends to honour family members who have passed in the middle spot. Both our mothers have passed away so a girl will have one of theirs. I don't know who to use for a boy. And DH doesn't really care about middle names so he has no input. Naming a person is hard!
    If you want to share, what are your moms' names and mns? My mom's middle name was Lee, so there's about a 95% chance our boy's mn will also be Lee (which works perfectly with Oliver, hint hint, DH).

If they're very feminine names, you could choose some kind of mash up, or masculine version of one of them?
  • Options
    @MyNamesTaken I like @jena333-2's suggestions. You might also consider a last name if it would work for a boy. My mom and grandma both had maiden names that are relatively popular boy's names. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @cmar1006. Ha! That is too weird. 
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09, we have also been considering Lucia. It can be pronounced a variety of ways though which is why I'm a little hesitant. 
  • Options
    So we've added James to the list of names. Can anyone offer suggestions of nicknames for James that aren't the standards. We have a ton of Jim/ Jimmy/Jamie's in the family and I want to avoid them at all costs. 

Why cant DH just let me have Oliver!?!? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cmar1006 Maybe Jay? I know a few guys named James, who just go by James. There's also the initial option, like J.D. if the middle name starts with D. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    cmar1006 said:
    So we've added James to the list of names. Can anyone offer suggestions of nicknames for James that aren't the standards. We have a ton of Jim/ Jimmy/Jamie's in the family and I want to avoid them at all costs. 

Why cant DH just let me have Oliver!?!? 
    Welcome to my life!!
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall DH works with about 5 Jays. Middle name would be Alan, so I don't think JA would work. 

Ugh, this is so hard. 

One nn I was thinking about was Jack. Is that too weird? I know it's not a traditional nn for James, but could it work?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cmar1006 I went to school with a JA. Not sure what it actually stood for.  John Andrew maybe. It could work!
  • Options
    Never responded above...sorry!

The hardest part is boy names. I have a short list of girl names that I think we can work with. DS is Jacob and my frontrunner is still William (nn Will) if this is a boy. I don't have many other options right now. My background is German and DH's is English. We like classic names and spellings. 
  • Options
    @cmar1006 I'm personally okay with Jack as a nn for James. But, I want to clarify that I had multiple relatives go by Jack even though their name was not remotely similar to Jack, so I might be particularly comfortable with Jack as a generic nn. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Ok. This is ridiculous. We still cannot agree on a name. All the ones I suggest DH says no to. I'm about to go nuts. He liked Taylor, which was one of my first favorites, but now he's second-guessing that one, too. What about Rennon? I saw it on a name list and have been saying it out loud lately and I like it. I've never heard of it so I don't want people to think it's just made up. Thoughts on that? We could do Rennon Alexander, that way both little one and DS would have the same initials. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @iheartichi I have seen Rennon on name lists and I like it! It's different which I really like too. Try not to stress to much, you will have a name. Our kids were always 2 days old before they had a name. Lol
  • Options
    @tfrangul thank you! I feel like I'm so behind with this one, no crib, no nursery, no name! We were so prepared with our first. But it'll probably be like you said and he'll be a no-name until we see him! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @tfrangul thank you! I feel like I'm so behind with this one, no crib, no nursery, no name! We were so prepared with our first. But it'll probably be like you said and he'll be a no-name until we see him! 
    I feel like that is going to be how it goes with our little one. We only just ordered a crib this past week thanks to an unbeatable clearance sale price at BRU. I have no idea what we will name her yet. 
  • Options
    JNR6510 said:
    I feel like that is going to be how it goes with our little one. We only just ordered a crib this past week thanks to an unbeatable clearance sale price at BRU. I have no idea what we will name her yet. 
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I should have been checking the prices and waiting for a sale there. The nursery is still 100% a guest bedroom/my closet. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @JNR6510  I love Zara! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 on loving Zara!
  • Options
    So we have been trying out a new name for size every week for the last several weeks. We are beginning to run out of ideas, and we keep coming back to the same two. This baby girl will likely be Lucy Elizabeth, Lucy Eleanor, or Eleanor Elizabeth. My middle name is Elizabeth, and I wanted something to pass down to her since I gave up my maiden name. DS is Theodore Robert (Robert is DH's middle name/FIL's name) My concerns would be how well Lucy would age and if having a Theodore and an Eleanor would be strange due to  the Roosevelt connection. Any thoughts? 
  • Options
    I vote Lucy Elizabeth. I prefer the flow of Theodore and Lucy and Elizabeth is my middle name, which we intend on passing down to this little girl as well so maybe I am a little biased! Lol 
  • Options
    I'm biased because Lucy was the name I would have used if this baby was a girl, but it's a beautiful name. It was my grandmother's name and I think it aged well with her. I would also use Elizabeth as the mn for the connection with you. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. That is what I'm leaning towards as well. DS has been calling her Lucy for about a month anyway. He had some pretty hilarious alternative suggestions though: he would point to various items in the room and add a -y to create a name. Examples of other suggestions: foody, trashy....
  • Options
    @Lizlann, that sums it up perfectly.
  • Options
    @CoastalMomma I'm a little late to the game but I think Lucy Elizabeth is beautiful!! 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @CoastalMomma +1 for Lucy Elizabeth! Eleanor is very popular in my area right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @thinkpositive2017, it drives me crazy how quickly these names become popular. 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, we were planning on naming the baby Eleanor if it was a girl. Now, I hear that it's common more and more often. I haven't met one yet where I live though (Southern California) 
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I love Evelyn!! It was in my top 3 and I probably would've picked it but it just didn't flow nicely with our last name.
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I also love Evelyn. It's one of my nieces middle names and I think it's very pretty. My sister wanted that for the first name but that didn't happen. Naming babies is soooo hard!!
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 my BIL just named his daughter Evelyn Grace. They had 3 other Evelyn's born at the hospital that week too! It sure does seem to be making a big comeback.
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  Little girls first name is picked, but would like your advice on middle name (or other options if you hate it!).  o:)

Eleanor Avery G (single consonant last name)
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @Cats*in*space I think Eleanor Avery is cute. Good choices. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017