1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thorin sounds like a superhero to me, especially bc it will get shortened to Thor.

I like Maverick and McKenna. My only thought would be, are you planning on having more kids? You would probably need to stick with the M theme.  
    No planning on stopping here, if we do end up with another yes we would most likely go with an M name again but again, I'm like 80% (husband is like 99%) sure we're done after this one 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is Thorin pronounced with the H? A friend of a friend named her son Torrin (not sure of the spelling but I think that's it). NMS but definitely very masculine. If it's pronounced like Thor-in, it adds to the superhero feel for me.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE Thorin! I think it's a very strong sounding name and definitely whimsical in a fairytale kind of way.  I think Wilder helps to convey what you are going for as well!  ❤️ 
  • Options
    Now that we are officially "team blue" DH and I have narrowed down our name options but can't seem to pick one of the two.  The middle name will be Shane (it's a family thing on DH's side and not exactly one I would personally pick). Last name also starts with an S.
    We are deciding between William and Henry.
    If I had my way he would be William Henry lol
  • Options
    @satuttle1014 I love the name Taryn! I really liked the name Terryn Leslie, but DH wasn't a big fan.
  • Options
    JNR6510 said:
    @satuttle1014 I love the name Taryn! I really liked the name Terryn Leslie, but DH wasn't a big fan.
     Thanks. Taryn always made its way onto the top 3. With our daughter it was top 2 but went with her name so DH said we can go with it this time so I get it. I finally get my Taryn. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww thank you @angeladowns1<3
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @MrsJessS I prefer Henry Shane!
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @MrsJessS I also vote Henry Shane 
  • Options
    dogdisnylovrdogdisnylovr member
    edited April 2017
    DH and I still haven't talked much about names yet. But he knows my pick for a girl and I don't think he will fight me on it since it's my grandmother's name. But it's the middle name that I am struggling with. 

Which of the following sounds better (last name is 2 syllables):
    Clara Ryan K
    Clara Paige K

ETA: grammar
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr Do either of them have special meaning to you? I prefer Paige, but boys' names on girls is NMS unless it's honouring someone or has other significance
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr I really like them both but I love Ryan for a girl (it's on my list too) so my vote goes to Clara Ryan! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @dogdisnylovr I prefer Clara Paige personally. Clara is a great name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    dogdisnylovrdogdisnylovr member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @MyNamesTaken @Swazzle @bridge-and-wall

@MyNamesTaken Neither of the middle names have any significance to me. Clara is my grandmother's name. I really like some boy names for girls (maybe because my nickname is a "boy" name) and really love the name Ryan for a girl but since it would be her middle name I don't care as much. Is that bad?

I don't even know why I am talking girl names since I think LO is a boy... but since I have no clue on boy names, I want to come close to picking a girl name just in case. 
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr FWIW, I totally thought this baby was a girl until I got my NIPT results. Since you're team green, it won't hurt anything to have names for girl and boy picked. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Ever since I found out we are having a boy I feel stumped...my grandfather was Dryden Marsh and I always thought I'd name my first boy after him. Now I'm unsure. My guy didn't like it, but now is more open. 

Other ideas we are trying on:
    Oscar
    Franklin
    Ellis
    Elliot
    Jameson
    Oliver--but I worry it's too popular 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS I love William, so William Shane gets my vote, but Henry is nice too. You really can't go wrong. 

@dogdisnylovr I love, love Clara Paige!

@katyhill1025 I really like Oscar, Oliver, and Ellis! Could you use Dryden as the MN? If you're worried about popularity, I actually know several Jameson's. It might be a regional thing, though. 

• Options
    @katyhill1025 I love your picks. Many of those were on my list last pregnancy. I fought REAL hard for Oscar and Elliot but my hubs just didnt like Oscar and Elliot violates our 2 syllable max rule.
    With Oscar I found people kept saying " You mean like the grouch?" Which was SO irritating to me.
    I think Oliver and Jameson are quite popular.

My top pick out of you names goes to Elliot or Ellis with Dryden as a MN. I dont know how long your last name is but if its 3 syllables+ I would pick Ellis, 2 or under Elliot.
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr I love Clara Paige. Paige is such a great name! 

katyhill1025 Oliver is such a cute name! I had a verrrrry common name growing up and swore I would never give my kid a name that lots of kids would have. (I had to go by First Name Last Initial in school because there were so many of us.) But our top name choice has been on the top 10 list for the past 15 years, so go figure. Haha.
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr  I do like Ryan as a girl's middle name, but I think Clara Paige sounds better together. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr I'll be the odd man out, I like Clara Ryan :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr  I do like Ryan as a girl's middle name, but I think Clara Paige sounds better together. 

I agree here
  • Options
    @dogdisnylovr another vote for Clara Paige! Love it!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    I'm debating between Lauren Claire or Lauren Blake. Thoughts??
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @kgemkid  I like Lauren Blake! Its spunky and fun, and I feel like there are probably lots of Lauren Claire's.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 omg! "Spunky and fun" are literally the words I used in reference to Lauren Blake! 
  • Options
    @kgemkid I like both names, but I agree that Lauren Blake just has an extra splash of pizzaz. I like it!

• Options
    Lauren Blake all day
  • Options
    Also, I've been fighting him on Oliver for the last 3 months, because I was a Katy H (having 4 others in my class at least) I wanted something uncommon for our baby. Now, I'm feeling Oliver and really badly that I've given him such a hard time. 

Last name is 2 syllables beginning with  E and very German sounding...

cant help the crazy change of heart
  • Options
    @katyhill1025 If you love Oliver, go for it! I think "common" names now are less common than when we were kids. I doubt he would be one of five. Depends on where you are, too.

I didn't want a super common name but then ended up going with Jacob for DS. It was in the top 5 when he was born but he's only met one other one so far.
  • Options
    First name will be Sofia but we are at a loss for a middle name. Any thoughts?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @kgemkid Another vote for Lauren Blake! Love it! 
  • Options
    First name will be Sofia but we are at a loss for a middle name. Any thoughts?
    What about Sophia Rose?
  • Options
    @geminioftwo if we have a girl (will find out on Saturday!!) her first name will be Sofia too! Middle name Cala, which is an Arabic girl's name with family meaning, and since we lived in the middle east for a while the language also has meaning to us. I haven't thought of other girls names to go with Sofia :/ 

Depends on your last name too...I'd probably go with a 1 or 2 syllable middle name regardless, but especially if your last name is long.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I can't believe how much Oliver has skyrocketed in the last couple of years. I don't know a single Oliver.

I'm pushing hard for Oliver Lee (Lee was my mother's middle name), but H is only ehhh on it (though I think he's on board with Lee as a mn). Since we're waiting to meet him to decide 100%, I feel like this is going to be a LONG 4.5 months.

Oliver being top 5 in 2017 makes me a little leery, because I was Jennie F for yearrrrrs, and hated it. 
  • Options
    @geminioftwo I'm a big fan of Sofia Grace. Definitely agree that you want a shorter mn, especially if you have a long last name. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall My cousin named her daughter Sophia Grace.
  • Options
    @jena333-2 I love Oliver as well. It was my paternal grandfathers middle name. DH absolutely vetoed it. Crushed my heart a little bit because I always wanted to use it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker