September 2017 Moms

Anyone thinking names yet?

Re: Anyone thinking names yet?

• mcdoug211 said:
    @wyomama0427 hahahaha it's literally impossible not to think that!
    ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY CALL HER GRACIE LOU. I mean come on lol
  • We had a girl's name all ready, Ruby Grace, but have recently learned we're having a boy. And... we're stumped. We're still hoping to find a G name to honor my grandmother, but do not seem to be able to agree on any G boy names. George and Griffin are the only ones on the list so far. My last name will be his MN, because it happens to be a boy's name. :smile:  
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a girl's name all ready, Ruby Grace, but have recently learned we're having a boy. And... we're stumped. We're still hoping to find a G name to honor my grandmother, but do not seem to be able to agree on any G boy names. George and Griffin are the only ones on the list so far. My last name will be his MN, because it happens to be a boy's name. :smile:  
    I like George a lot. Suggestions for G boy names in case you need them:

Grant
    Garrett
    Gregory
    Graham
    Gabriel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Thank you! I'll add these to consideration. :smile: I love Gabriel, but my husband apparently has known a couple of Gabes whom he didn't like. It's so funny how closely a name can come to feel associated to just one random person.
    Ruby is our girl name but we won't know until May 3 whether we will be able to use it!! I like all your G options for boys. You have good taste in names :-)
  • DH is set on naming this little boy Beckham, nn Beck. Two things. I think it's my turn (as long as he agrees) because he picked out the name for DS. Also, our dog is Eli, named after Eli Manning and I don't think I can go through life knowing our son would also be named after a Gaints player. He keeps calling him Beckham, and I'm just not feeling it! He knows it, too. I like Alexander Taylor, after my grandpa. DH likes Taylor but he's not feeling Alexander. I thought Zan would be a good nn for Alexander. I love everybody's name choices, especially the girls! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm jealous of everyone getting to name a girl! So many pretty names on here everyone is using, too.Me and DH actually semi-agree on girls names, but we're having another little boy. So far the list is:

Wesley
    William 
    Zion
    Wilder 
    Oliver
    Elliott
    Ezra 
    Forest 
    Milo
    Gabriel

DH has shot several of them down already, and the ones that he hasn't he's pretty "meh" on. He's shooting for Tiberius or Felix, which I feel like are a little much. DS is Maximus, so I get that they kinda jive with that name, but that was also DHs pick that grew on me with time. I just don't like his other picks as much, haha. 
  • @angeladowns1  I love Wilder, and Ezra is my all time favorite boy name! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hatrats Your daughter is so cool. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @bridge-and-wall Honestly it's kind of sticking too. I mean, NO, we're not really going to name our child that, but it could turn out to be a long-term weird nickname.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I posted previously about struggling to find baby names, well we finally settled so thought I might as well post an update! 

Dahlia-Anne Marie for a girl
    Orion Anthony Jon for a boy.
    One of my close pals from my last pregnancy named her son Orion, I had never heard it before as a first name but Ive grown to love it.

• I can't, to save my life, get DH to agree to any boy names I like!! He won't suggest any either, he says he doesn't have any ideas but we can't agree on any of mine! My favorite name for this one is Elijah, I like the nickname Eli too. No way, he doesn't like it. Of course I can't force him to name our son a name he doesn't really like. We both liked Aiden, but once we went to the ultrasound and saw him.. we kind of abandoned it. It doesn't fit. I swear I have looked at every boy name ever.. can't figure it out!!
    We love DS's name.. Alexander William. It's a really nice, strong name. I'm just looking for a name that I feel the same way about as that one. 
    This was more of a name rant.. sorry, it's just driving me insane! I want to call our son by his name, not just "the baby"!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • iheartichiiheartichi member
    edited April 2017

I've been thinking.... and not about our new LO's name, but about my son's. His name is River. I just read an article about the projected hottest GIRL names for next year, and guess what was at the top of the list? River! I know, Kelly Clarkson has a daughter named River Rose, but I was just wondering if anybody has heard this for a girl? I honestly think it's adorable either way, just wondering if he's going to be in school with a bunch of girls named River. 

Edit because of teeny phone

Pregnancy Ticker

• @iheartichi when I hear the name River, I think of River Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix's brother! So not feminine in that sense to me. I love River.

I kind of wanted to name this baby Fisher if it's a boy but DH doesnt like it at all. I know that's kind of out there but I think it goes with the nature names. Plus his middle name would be George, after my grandpa, and my grandpa was the best fisherman I know. I just love fisher as a name. Plus my dad and DH and I all love to fish as well. 
  • @iheartichi I've only ever heard River as a boy's name. I wouldn't be too worried. Usually those up-and-coming names lists are way off.
  • @iheartichi The name River might also be more popular for girls because of River Song (aka Melody Pond) from Doctor Who. The only River I know is a boy though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @iheartichi River as a girl's name make think of Firefly (the TV show). Don't think I've seen it as a girl's name anywhere else. I've known a few boys named a River. I think it will be okay. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @divinemsm620 I hope you get to use Ruby! :smile: And thank you for the G name support!
  • @wyomama0427 oh my goodness I LOVE Fisher!! Haven't heard that! Love the meaning behind it, too!
    i always thought of River Phoenix, too. DH said he always wanted a son named River, so that was it! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @hatrats thank you! I sure do hope they're off, wonder how they predict that anyways...

Pregnancy Ticker

• iheartichiiheartichi member
    edited April 2017
    @mrsmarygs I forgot about Dr Who until you said that! I think someone mentioned that in the Jan15 BMB when I mentioned it. I've never seen that show. But I watch really horrible TV. I'm going to google her!
    Edit: confusion

Pregnancy Ticker

• @bridge-and-wall I've never heard of Firefly, but I'm off to google that now, too! I don't know why but I just want to see what these river women look like. Haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @iheartichi I love River! It seems odd to me for a girl, but then so does Connor and a girl from high school just named her daughter that :neutral:   I will say, though, my brother's name is Taylor and it blew up as a girls name not long after he was born. It bothers him zero that there are girls named Taylor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @iheartichi I wish DH would go for Fisher but he won't :( I love it so much. Anyone is welcome to it if they want since I can't use it lol! 
  • @iheartichi Our boy name picked was River too!! I love that it's not common! If we have a son in the future, that'll definitely be his name! There is a girl at the hospital I work at named Rivers. So I think it can go either way if you have the 's' on the end or not :-)
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• We're struggling with a boy's name. It took 38 weeks to name our first son and now we're trying to come up with another one. We think we like Liam but every time I see a popular names list its #1. But, we live in Texas and I haven't met one since we've lived here. Would you rule it out just because its popular, even if it doesn't seem as popular locally?
  • edited April 2017
    @sbl0609  Liam was the 2nd most popular name in Texas for 2015.... I believe it was 1,700+ babies born with that name. I'm not saying that to sway you either way, I just thought you might find your specific state's data for helpful. When I was looking at the name Lucas's popularity I tried to figure how many babies that would have been per county (on average) to give me a better idea of day-to-day popularity. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't, to save my life, get DH to agree to any boy names I like!! He won't suggest any either, he says he doesn't have any ideas but we can't agree on any of mine! My favorite name for this one is Elijah, I like the nickname Eli too. No way, he doesn't like it. Of course I can't force him to name our son a name he doesn't really like. We both liked Aiden, but once we went to the ultrasound and saw him.. we kind of abandoned it. It doesn't fit. I swear I have looked at every boy name ever.. can't figure it out!!
    We love DS's name.. Alexander William. It's a really nice, strong name. I'm just looking for a name that I feel the same way about as that one. 
    This was more of a name rant.. sorry, it's just driving me insane! I want to call our son by his name, not just "the baby"!
    What about Sebastian? It's long and historic like Alexander and not super duper popular. That's what my sons name is and we get compliments on it all the time. His nickname is Bash although most of his friends at school choose to just call him by his full name. 
  • Thanks guys! Wilder is my favorite too. DH thinks it sounds made up though... *eye roll*.

After really hashing it out last night, we think we may have actually landed on a new name! I'm still trying to decide if it's dorky or really cool.

Thorin James. 

DH has Viking lineage he's very proud of, haha. and I guess Thorin was a fairly popular name in Viking times, meaning "fearless" or "brave one". It's also the name of our favorite character in the book "The Hobbit", and me and DH are both huge LOTR fans. 

I think it's not like we'd be naming him Legolas or Elrand, since it is a lesser known character, and more importantly isn't a name that Tolkien made up, but rather used from Viking heritage. 

Am I trying to be too youneek? Hahaha
  • @LaceyC1020 thanks! It's a great name I think, we get compliments a lot. Although I wasn't too sure of it when DH told me. If I get one person though to ask me if we're going to name this one Stream or Brook, I'm going to poke an eyeball out, and not mine! Haha! 
    Havent heard of Rivers yet, except for a last name. Hope you get to use it next time!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @wyomama0427 I really do love Fisher, and I think you should be persistent. You never know, if you keep using it it may grow on him! I plan to be absolutely stubborn with my pick this time, maybe DH will just give up!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @iheartichi I pushed Fisher very hard lol and I tried with Everett too... he wasn't having either of them. We have decided on Landon for a boy and I'm good with that (: Landon George for a boy, Lainey Grey for a girl
  • @angeladowns1 I know a baby names Beren, from The Silmarillion, and they call him Bear for short. I'm on the fence about if it's too much or not. Thorin Oakenshield isn't exactly who I would normally want to name my baby after, but it's not too too out there of a name- it's not like you're naming him Aragorn or anything! 

• @angeladowns1 I love Thorin! But I'm a nerd, haha... I am normally one to not love "unique" names, but I think it is really cool.
    There was this new boy at DD's daycare named Bane, and I was like.... I can't even hate on that. That's kind of badass.