June 2017 Moms
Options

Names?

Re: Names?

• Options
    Thanks! @krex
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    @doodleoodle I like Gemma! Confession - I just added it to my running name list IF I go for a 3rd lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doodleoodle my nieces name is Jemma. I think its beautiful. Unique but not weird. Very popular in England.
  • Options
    @onaed you're welcome  ;) when naming DD we never took into consideration how difficult it would be to come up with sibling names. We are definitely taking that into consideration this time around. So not only are we deciding between Chloe and Gemma, but also what we would name a third baby if we went with either name. 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I love Gemma so much. Sadly I couldn't get my husband on board. 
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    That makes total sense!!

My hubby just vetoed Jasper, booooo. 
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    I'm really liking the name Emerie right now but my bestie's daughter is Emerson.  Too close?
    my uncle is Emory so there's a family connection as well 
    You could always ask her how she feels about you using it?

Oh I definitely will.  She might be too polite to tell me how she really feels though.
  • Options
    We have had a hard time deciding on a girl name. We finally agreed on Mackenzie/McKenzie. It wasn't my favorite at first, but it's growing on me! Her middle name will be Faye after my grandmother. I have always loved her middle name! 

The only thing we haven't decided on is spelling. I like Mackenzie and DH likes McKenzie. Thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Ahutch428 I like Mackenzie. McKenzie it too McDonalds like for me.
    +1
  • Options
    @awoodruff27 didn't even think of that! I am. Of a fan of the two capital letters. It looks like a last name to me! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmrussell for a lot of my guy friends that are thirds... I've seen Tripp, Trey... basically nick names that signify 'third'... I actually think there are more but they are escaping me right now.
  • Options
    @onaed I LOVE the name Jasper. 

DH and I are stuck between two names. Chloe Elizabeth or Gemma Rae. DD is Penelope and we initially wanted to stick with Greek names, but then he mentioned Gemma and I fell in love with it. My only concerns with Gemma are: FIL is nicknamed Jim (although I asked the name board and none of them thought that was a big deal so I'm not too concerned about it anymore) and the possibility of people thinking her name is Emma and having to correct people her whole life. Thoughts?
    We picked Chloe Elizabeth! So of course I love that one! I think we have talked about this before haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    @onaed I LOVE the name Jasper. 

DH and I are stuck between two names. Chloe Elizabeth or Gemma Rae. DD is Penelope and we initially wanted to stick with Greek names, but then he mentioned Gemma and I fell in love with it. My only concerns with Gemma are: FIL is nicknamed Jim (although I asked the name board and none of them thought that was a big deal so I'm not too concerned about it anymore) and the possibility of people thinking her name is Emma and having to correct people her whole life. Thoughts?
    We picked Chloe Elizabeth! So of course I love that one! I think we have talked about this before haha
    Oh my gosh... I think you're right and I think I subconsciously stole the middle name Elizabeth from you. Lol
  • Options
    DH won't really discuss names with me. He just likes to joke (I hope) about naming him after himself which is not going to happen. We've decide to wait until he is here to make the final decision but I'd still like to have a short list to go from. Anyone else having this issue?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    danijo said:
    DH won't really discuss names with me. He just likes to joke (I hope) about naming him after himself which is not going to happen. We've decide to wait until he is here to make the final decision but I'd still like to have a short list to go from. Anyone else having this issue?
    I have to force dh to talk names with me. I'm the kind of person that has a list already picked out before even conceiving and I understood when he didn't want to talk before I got pregnant, but I was surprised I had to force him to talk about it after when there was a real person to name. Lol luckily we had a first name, but we had to agree on a middle. The only good thing about this is I got what I wanted because I cared a heck of a lot more. We didn't have this problem with dd because I had her name picked out and he liked it. Also I wanted to use his moms name as her middle so he was obviously happy about that. 
    I guess it's something I just don't understand because names are HUGE to me and his whole family is like, eh, to naming anything. 
  • Options
    I'd love to name this girl Amelia Elise. For a nickname, we'd call her Mimi. DD likes the name Sophia. I'd be ok with Sophia, but H can't get on board with that.
  • Options
    We are team green and probably won't solidify our  girl name until the baby is born. 
    Right now I like Ella Grace.  Or Evalynn May. I'm due June 2 so the baby has a decent chance of being born in May.
  • Options
    My little girl is going to be Ruby Jean! Ruby is for my late great grandma, and Jean after my grandma's middle name. If we were keeping her, this would be settled but the adoptive parents might change the middle name. 

For future kids we agreed on Fiona for a girl's first name but no middle He's so frustrating because his family has so many pretty names and he won't use any! Wanda, Wendy, Winona, Irene...so many. Can't settle on anything for a boy. I really like Jonah and Noah but he's kind of against biblical names and likes Leon (blech) and Finn (which is basically just the male version of Fiona so unless we have twins it's out) Our name preferences are very different. I love family names and normal spellings and he likes sort of out there stuff. Hopefully we have a long time until we have to have that fight again though haha
  • Options
    I have no clue what we'll name this child. I can't tell if I'm being superstitious or what, but nothing sounds right to me. DH wants Jacob, but I have an association with someone and that name and they weren't a nice person. It's also almost the same as ds, Jack.
    Jack and Jake, no thank you. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    kensbby said:
    My little girl is going to be Ruby Jean! Ruby is for my late great grandma, and Jean after my grandma's middle name. If we were keeping her, this would be settled but the adoptive parents might change the middle name. 

For future kids we agreed on Fiona for a girl's first name but no middle He's so frustrating because his family has so many pretty names and he won't use any! Wanda, Wendy, Winona, Irene...so many. Can't settle on anything for a boy. I really like Jonah and Noah but he's kind of against biblical names and likes Leon (blech) and Finn (which is basically just the male version of Fiona so unless we have twins it's out) Our name preferences are very different. I love family names and normal spellings and he likes sort of out there stuff. Hopefully we have a long time until we have to have that fight again though haha
    Are you considering adoption for your little one?  I'm an adoptee and adoptive mama myself and I admin an amazing FB group if you want to meet other moms who've placed.  Message me!!!  So excited to meet you!
  • Options
    We had been considering naming lady baby Katherine and calling her Katie, but my dog is named Sadie and I think it's confusing. Sooooo back to Caroline! Which I also love, I just hope the song Sweet Caroline isn't playing in every bar when she goes to college. That's my only turn off to the name. 
  • Options
    lmudra said:
    kensbby said:

Are you considering adoption for your little one?  I'm an adoptee and adoptive mama myself and I admin an amazing FB group if you want to meet other moms who've placed.  Message me!!!  So excited to meet you!
    Yeah I am and yes I'd like to! It's nice to meet you too :) 
  • Options
    kyreno11 said:
    We are team green and probably won't solidify our  girl name until the baby is born. 
    Right now I like Ella Grace.  Or Evalynn May. I'm due June 2 so the baby has a decent chance of being born in May.
    I LOVE Ella! I'm a little biased though.
  • Options
    kensbby said:
    lmudra said:
    kensbby said:

Yeah I am and yes I'd like to! It's nice to meet you too :) 
    I'm a member of the FB group as well!  I'm an adoptee and we are adopting our first, hopefully in June!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    @momma2char, Veda is so beautiful! 
  • Options
    @momma2char, I love Veda Brynn!

I really wanted to name this baby Verity, but DH didn't like it. Right now either he or I have nixed every name we've come across, except Willa. I'm not sure how that is the only name neither of hate. My mom suggested Brickley Bell, and my aunt likes Brinkley Marie, but DD's name ends with ley, so I wanted something totally different this time.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    Taco is a very strong name :D
  • Options
    We have first names names decided finally!
    Boy: Dominic
    Girl: Angelina

Now to solidify our middle names

• Options
    @momma2char I love Veda! Is it a My Girl reference? 
  • Options
    @momma2char I love Veda! Is it a My Girl reference? 
    Thanks! I remember the little girl from My Girl being named that and I think that's where I got it from (although they spell it Vada), but I love its meaning  :smile:
  • Options
    @kcrocetto27 Love your choice! Leonardo/Leo is on my short list. I have also seen adorable lion crochet outfits for newborn photo sessions!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kcrocetto27 I love Leo! However it's my maternal grandfather's name, his son's name and his son's name. So it's kind of overdone in my family. I think it will transition well from really cute for a kid to strong for a man though.
  • Options
    XathXath member
    @momma2char If you have a son, name him Luke just to continue to frustrate folks.  

@CurlyMommy416 Do you watch The League?  (I wanted to post a Taco meme here, but I couldn't find one that was remotely PG). 

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danijo yes! I love all the lion stuff!