June 2017 Moms

Names?

Not sure if this is the right place to talk, so if not I can remove the post...

Has anyone started talking baby names, or decided on what you will be naming the baby?  I love baby names, but the baby name board is a crazy place, so I thought I'd ask here!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Names?

• Loading the player...
  • This little one will be Sloane Elizabeth. 
    Love that name!
  • The blood test said boy, but we are double checking with the anatomy scan in 2 weeks since someone mentioned their blood test being wrong. I had a million names on my boy list and DH hated them all. I randomly threw out Finnegan (nn Finn) and he loved it, but I am not 100% so probably Finnegan Louis. I liked Miles, Henry, Sullivan, and Donovan the best. If it is another girl, we are thinking Tess or Evelyn. 

• This thread is great for inspiration. I've thrown a couple of boy names out to DH, which he immediately vetoed (Cooper, Donovan), so we decided to wait to find out the sex before discussing more seriously (AS this Wednesday!). Some girl names I've been thinking about are Marina/Marea, Sierra, Willa, Corinne and Eliza.
    me: 33 DH:37
    married 2011
    mmc June 2016

BFP 9/26/16
    EDD 6/8/16
  • @awoodruff27 I love the name Felicity, too. My husband vetoed it because of the American girl doll. Seriously?! 
  • We are pretty well set on either Eva Claire or Eva Rose. 

• We're struggling with boys names for our little guy. We were pretty set on Lily if the baby was a girl. I really like Oliver but can't seem to get DH on board. I did have a dream last night where the little guy was here and we still hadn't picked a name (I also couldn't find DH, but didn't seem too concerned about that aspect of things. Dreams are weird.)
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • I was 99% sure on a girl name (Eleanor), but baby is a boy! 
    My current list is: Bennett, Max, Hugo, Nolan, Owen and Jonah. I'm currently fixated on Owen. 
    DH won't cooperate with the discussion yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • danijo said:
    I was 99% sure on a girl name (Eleanor), but baby is a boy! 
    My current list is: Bennett, Max, Hugo, Nolan, Owen and Jonah. I'm currently fixated on Owen. 
    DH won't cooperate with the discussion yet. 
    I love Max and Owen!  DH just vetoed James Leo for me, so I get it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Still narrowing our little guys name down -- DS is Graham Atlas. 
    Here are the contending first names as of now:
    Aiden 
    Rowan
    William
    Flynn
    Thomas
    Reid
    Benjamin
    Elliott
    Everett 
    Declan
    Rhett
    Kellen (DH threw this one out, I'm not really a fan)

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• We've settled on Cadyn as our little girl's name. We had something else picked out for years beforehand but as soon as the sex was confirmed we both got the feeling that it wasn't her name. I'm not sure how but we agreed readily on names and it didn't take too much back and forth anytime we had the conversation. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lmc929 a lot of your names are on our list... DH has a favorite, I just can't commit (its on your list as well)...

I'm starting to think we may never name DS3 at this rate, nothing sounds or feels right!  My dad is pushing his FN for DS3's FN but that just isn't going to happen... maybe as a MN.
  • I should also add - just for potential inspiration for those struggling... had it been a girl, we would've used either our old name from when we had twins or the new name we came up with...

Sadie Lynn or Rachel Renee (both MN's honor women in DH's family)
  • @awoodruff27 I love the name Felicity, too. My husband vetoed it because of the American girl doll. Seriously?! 

That's one of the many reasons I love it! My husband hasn't vetoed it yet, but wont say yes yet. I haven't given up.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Our son is Milo Harry (after my grandp and my husbands grandpa respectively)

My husband refuses to solidify a name until baby is born so we have a running list.

My faves:
    Charlotte
    Everly 
    Eloise
    Evelyn
    Eila/Isla 
    Ellis 
    Lila
    Emrie

Middle name will be Grace.  Think I'm obsessed with an E name?!?  Haha
  • @lmudra DD is an E name
    Im also somewhat obsessed with the E girl names

• If we have a boy, I'm loving Dominic Edward (both family names)

If we are having another girl, I have no clue. Probably Angelica-something. 

The Mr keeps saying he doesn't care "as long as it's not dumb". Um... ok? You don't want any say? I'm gonna name this kid Chalupa Batman and you can suck it then!!  :D

kudos to you if you get that reference

ETA: spelling is hard

stuck in a box!!

we have been calling this baby Chalupa Batman since we found out we were expecting! 
  • DH and I have been struggling to come up with names we both like. The only one on the list right now that we both like is Jennifer. But its my aunt's name, who we adore, but I am worried about the drama it may start in my family. My mom does not like her sister Jennifer and has always been a little jealous of my close relationship with her. IDK, I know people name their kids after family a lot, but I can't help but worry about it. 
  • If we have a boy, I'm loving Dominic Edward (both family names)

If we are having another girl, I have no clue. Probably Angelica-something. 

The Mr keeps saying he doesn't care "as long as it's not dumb". Um... ok? You don't want any say? I'm gonna name this kid Chalupa Batman and you can suck it then!!  :D

kudos to you if you get that reference

ETA: spelling is hard

Shout out to The League.

We don't name out kids until we see them.  DD was around for over 12 hours before we settled, and we had narrowed it down to 3 names before we even got to the hospital!  Unfortunately only one of the other two names goes with DD's name now, so we're back to the drawing board.  We like to have at least 3 options going into it.

• momma2charmomma2char member
    edited January 2017
    This little one will be Eva Marie :smile: DD1 is Charlotte Adah. 
  • We chose Anya Leigh for a girl after multiple struggles of picking a girl name. Pronounced ("on ya") We didn't want a common name but also wanted something not way out there.

@neludelu We were set on a boy name as Calvin. I chose it because I loved the name, but DH loved it because it was his favorite football player! Haha 
  • @TGmomtobe90 I love the name Anya. I also love the character Anya in Buffy The Vampire Slayer!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lovely names! We're pretty set with Margot Elizabeth and Maxwell Emile.