May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 01.09 the - 01.15

1234568»

Re: Randoms and Questions 01.09 the - 01.15

• Options
    @sarah0985 how scary! I'm glad both you and the baby are safe and will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way until it's time. Keep us updated please. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @starphish18 inhave a back n belly pillow, too! I'll switch it around so the open part is at my head and use a regular pillow sometimes. I haven't had much of an issue with it being too stuffed.

Side randon: The last couple of nights I've been getting so hot! We put our AC down pretty low but still tossing and turning and throwing covers off! Thought maybe it was the pillow so last night I didn't use it...didn't make much of a difference lol maybe baby is just enjoying me being incredible hot! Anyone else having this problem? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @starphish18 @chickyclg @swe2 I've had the snoogle since about 10 weeks pregnant this time around. I hardly used it at first. But I'd say in the past 3 weeks (i'm now 25 weeks) I have to use it nightly. The puffness does go down so I don't feel like its hurting my neck anymore, but its helping me sleep SO MUCH BETTER these days. So I wouldn't completely write it off just yet.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SWE2 I tried that one night but I found it really awkward to sleep that way. Maybe I'll give it another shot and just use an extra pillow so my neck doesn't feel like it's dangling lol
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel the opposite way, my snoogle is almost too flat. Probably because I'm using it for the second time, and inbetween it was squished down into a box.

@BabyMC517 I've started sleeping with less clothes and that help me from getting too hot!

• Options
    pshaortao said:
    @BabyMC517 I've started sleeping with less clothes and that help me from getting too hot!
    Me too! Wearing a nursing tank (from Tar-jey) while sleeping helps my boobs not feel sore and uncomfortable. Keeps everything hugged in and snugged.
  • Options
    Speaking of nursing tanks, are there any favorite nursing tanks that are longer?  The ones I bought from motherhood sucked last time for keeping my long torso covered.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @chickyclg I bought the bravado one to just try as a gift for Christmas it's long enough for me in 5 10
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 adding to my list now!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm about to start sleeping naked! I typically sleep in a t-shirt but I mayb have to try a tank. I don't have any nursing tanks yet but if they help with the soreness I may get one! Attempting to look for some pants and shorts today after my mom does my hair...love having a hair dresser in the family! And she's being so nice by paying for a pedicure while she works and I wait :) makes up for the not sleeping so great haha 

• Options
    @BabyMC517 I was thinking this morning how bad my hot sleeping has gotten. I had to stop wearing pants to bed months ago.  I have insisted on having the ceiling fan on ever since we turned the heat on, it gets too stuffy otherwise. Now I've added a clip on fan to my nightstand, am sleeping on top the comforter with just a blanket and will still wake up with sweaty thighs, neck, and head. So weird since I typically run cold!

I can not seem to get the air cold enough to breathe. My body might be alright sometimes, but the breathing air feels so hot and thick! I think I'm going to try a cool mist humidifier.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @jayandaplus - I'm late to the conversation, but DS had a terrible latch. I fought through breastfeeding for 3 months before I found out he had tongue tie. The best advice I could give to anyone who is considering nursing is that if you feel like something isn't quite right, find a lactation consultant and work with them. A lot of insurances will cover it. Honestly, to take it a step further, if you've seen an LC and you still feel like something isn't right, see another one! I saw three before I found someone I really liked.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @chickyclg I am seconding the bravado nursing tops. I bought a bravdo and a Leading Lady last week. They are both longer and supportive. Bought both on amazon and I have only tried on the bravdo and it was comfy but have worn the leading lady and slept in it and it's so comfy.  

The link for the leading lady. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RCL0KBY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I've thought about getting a fan to clip to my nightstand. We only have sheets and a thin quilt on the bed (we live in FL) and before I would get cold or feel just right by morning, but now nope! We constantly have the ceiling fan on too because for some reason our room gets incredibly stuffy all the time. I hate it! I'm hoping our new house will be better! I've always been a hot sleeper and need it to be cold but this is getting ridiculous lol 

• Options
    slssls member
    Squirtgun said:
    Today I have a bit of a vent/ rant.  I am feeling super discouraged, and am comparing my kiddos to everyone else! For example on Facebook today someone shared requesting learning activities for their 19mo who knows his whole alphabet and how to count to ten. Guys my almost 3yr old recognizes only two letters (occasionally a third one) and counts objects up to 4.  Another friend posted about her 10mo who is "finally!" Saying mama. When my 15mo is saying, nothing. Ugh. On the one side it makes me second guess my parenting- should I be doing flash cards and "school" activities with my older kid? On the other side, I'm like are my kids just super slow? Or are these people super exaggerating their kid's achievements? (Not the saying mama kid, that's totally age appropriate for sure.)  Like maybe this kid can sing his ABCs, and she's counting that as knowing them?  Anyone else with older kids, when did your kiddo recognize their letters and count objects? Should I be focusing more on that? Feel free to ignore my crazy! 

I call shenanigans.

My husband and I have counted the stairs up and down from the second floor since DD was born. Somewhere around 1.5 years, she started mimicking us... and we'd tell cute anecdotes about how smart she was to the grandparents... but honestly, no. She wasn't counting.

We also got a floor mat with the alphabet on it, and we'd play games with her with "guess the letters," and she was getting maybe a quarter of them right... but she also had no focus BECAUSE SHE WAS BARELY A TODDLER.

We moved onto other games and now when we ask her what a letter is, she looks at us like, "That is so 2016."

So. Um. Maybe this has happened and the child is super focused, but do they do anything else? I'm guessing no.

/endrant
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited January 2017
    edited because I posted in the wrong thread.... whoops
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I would go with your gut. I don't believe any physican is going to put their patient at risk. Although she will more than likely be sleep deprived...i think most doctors live their lives that way. That being said, if my ex's dad was the best in the area and I had the option, i would go with him. He's a professional so i wouldn't even think twice. That's just my opinion
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker