May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 12.19 - 12.25

Re: Randoms and Questions 12.19 - 12.25

• Options
    @RainyDays86, that sounds so scary. I hope it ends up being nothing to worry about. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm sorry you're going through this, I would be a nervous wreck.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 Scary. I'm glad you're getting it checked. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    So sorry @RainyDays86 that you have that stress on you. I'm hoping everything is just fine! 
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry your going through this. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything comes back clear. 
  • Options
    I seemed to have caught a cold after coming back from Vegas this weekend. I emailed my doctor and he said to take Sudafed. I asked if it made a difference which one and I am still waiting on a reply. For this who have taken Sudafed, have you just taken the normal strength? I cannot breath out of my nose and had a really hard time sleeping last night. 
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 so sorry you're dealing with all this uncertainty especially with family history involved.  It's such a scary process, and the waiting is the worst. I hope you get the result in asap and that it continues to be nothing. Just out of curiosity, they do more testing beyond the Ultrasound to be absolutely sure?

In the meantime you can rant here whenever and however often you want. Hang in there <3

• Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited December 2016
    @RainyDays86
    I echo what everyone else shaid! Please feel free to get as much support here when needed. 

I have a cold and I've slightly peed myself twice today while sneezing  :/

eta posted too soon
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 So sorry you're going through this right now! It sounds like you're doing everything right. Hang in there. Knowledge is power and hopefully after the ultrasound you'll feel much better.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 aw man, I'm so sorry!!  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you! 
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 - I am so sorry you are dealing with this. T&Ps! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    edited December 2016
    @RainyDays86 hope you get some answers soon, sorry you have to deal with this stress during this time.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for answers soon and good news.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 sending positive vibes your way and hoping for quick answers
  • Options
    @rainydays86 FX and good vibes for everything to be fine!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @RainyDays86, thinking of you. I hope you get answers soon. Take it one day at a time and vent as much as you need. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry you have this to worry about. Fingers crossed they figure it out soon and it turns out to be nothing. You'll be in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @achays11 30 mg is what my MD said when I had my sinus infection last month you have to get it behind pharmacy counter
    @mrsrep123 no never watched lck I prefer to be surprised 
    @RainyDays86  hoping everything goes ok and wishing you some stress relief 

• Options
    @RainyDays86, T&Ps! I hope it's nothing! I'm sorry you're dealing with the uncertainty.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    RainyDays86RainyDays86 member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you so much ladies, I really truly appreciate it.  The doctor's office told me they would put in the request with the breast center by the end of today and the breast center would call me to schedule an appointment.  I'm worried because when I dealt with this before it was really hard to schedule an ultrasound and I had to wait two or three weeks to be seen.  I am dreading that wait again.  I also recognize several of you are playing a similar waiting game to get answers on the health of your babies which I am sure is a similar but even more nerve-wracking process.

Writing everything out in my previous post helped a lot.  I'm now going to try to stay off google and recognize that logically the odds are so, so slim that this is cancer.

Edited to add:
    @ShadeofGreen816 I read that too about pain usually being associated with non-cancerous lumps and it does make me feel better.  The original lump is definitely not cancer - not only does it get painful but before pregnancy it would get bigger and then smaller depending on where I was in my cycle and the ultrasound very clearly showed normal breast tissue (I'm not a radiologist but I worked in the radiology department at a hospital one summer and saw many, many ultrasounds during my time there and this was clear as day not a tumor).  The original lump is also really big - like one inch wide by three inches long - and right under the skin so there is no way they would have missed it being cancer.  My worry is that something new developed under the original lumpy tissue.  But I have to keep asking myself, what are the odds I would develop one issue (fibrocystic tissue) and then develop a completely separate issue (cancer) in the exact same spot in an eight-month span?
    @pshaortao it sounds like depending on what it is they might do a mammogram or a biopsy.  Last time they planned to do an ultrasound and then a mammogram if the ultrasound wasn't conclusive, but it was.  They didn't do a biopsy because there was nothing to biopsy, they just saw normal breast tissue.  But this time if there is some sort of growth they will likely biopsy it, but I don't know what that will entail (I think it will depend on what they think they're seeing).
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I hope all goes well and it is nothing.  I'm sorry you're going through this stress.  I'll be thinking about you!!
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    I should probably just wait a couple hours until I know what's on to post about this, but I'm just sitting around now. I woke up at 1:30 this morning with painful cramping. I thought, at first, that it might be indigestion. I went to the bathroom, but nothing happened. So I drank some water and laid back in bed. I kept having these painful cramps that would hold for about 30 seconds at a time. I thought maybe Braxton Hicks? I feel back asleep, but I kept waking up to these cramps, about 15 of them up until 4:00 am. I had another at 7:00, and then some loose stool later, at 8:00. Also, my lower abdomen is still tender and I had a bit of RLP when I first started moving around this morning. I called my OBGYN, and the nurse doesn't think it's Braxton Hicks. She says it sounds like indigestion at least, but she's not sure about the cramping (which very much felt like my uterus). They're having me come in in a couple hours to make sure I don't have an infection or uti. I'm not sure why she dismissed Braxton Hicks...would it just be because it's so early? I don't think I've experienced them before, but this felt very much like what I would expect contractions to feel like. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 I think it is a little early for Braxton Hicks, but it is not unheard of either. Glad they can see you today, I hope maybe it just indigestion and nothing to worry about.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @RainyDays86, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this added stress on top of all the pregnancy craziness. I'm not a high stress person by nature, but have been dealing with some potential personal health scares during this pregnancy (meaning things not related to the pregnancy, but could be indicative of a larger problem that was brewing pre-pregnancy). The hormones make is all seem SO much more stressful. I know it's hard to do, but stay away from Dr. Google...for me, at least, it made it so much worse when I started thinking about the "what ifs" while waiting for the appointments and results. Definitely keep us updated!

@starphish18, I hope the doctor can help ease your mind this morning! It's so hard to know which cramps you SHOULD be worried about vs which you shouldn't. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this @starphish18 but I am glad the doctor is going to see you this morning.  I hope it's nothing!
  • Options
    It's not too early for BH unfortunately. I've had a few but they're very random and spread out. I know the rules of thumb is if it happens at least 6 times within one hour you need to let your OB know. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong. I hope it was just indigestion and that everything checks out okay! I'm glad theyre making sure to be safe and so you can get a peace of mind.

• Options
    @starphish18 I think they discounted Braxton Hicks because yours sound like there's a rythm to them and I think bh are random 
  • Options
    @starphish18 - I don't really have anything helpful to add, but I'm glad your doctor is able to see you this morning. Hopefully it's something minor. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @RainyDays86 Praying everything is okay! Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Sudafed, the pharmacist was very thorough in asking about my symptoms to make sure it was just congestion. He gave me regular plain sudafed, 30 mg. Some googling and a chat with my Dr. afterwards made me realize they don't recommend any of the sudafed cold combos during pg.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm praying for you. I'm sorry you're going through this. 

@starphish18 hope everything is ok! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm thinking of you! How stressful! Vent away.

@starphish18 It's not too early for BH.  I have them my entire pregnancy.  In my experience they are never painful and feel more like a weird tightening sensation. So she may have dismissed it due to the frequency or pain you are experiencing.  Hopefully everything is OK!  I'm glad you can get in today.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @starphish18 FX hoping it is just indigestion and nothing serious. Please update us after your appointment! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @starphish18 I'm glad your dr can see you today. Keep us updated. Hoping everything is ok. 
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm sorry you're going through this and hope everything turns out ok... :::good vibes:::
  • Options
    Question!

For those of you who have had your 2nd OB visit, what can the rest of us expect? Any good questions we should ask? Any topics you suggest mentioning? Anything your provider asked you that you hadn't thought about yet? Tips and tricks, please. ;) Thanks!
  • Options
    Question!

For those of you who have had your 2nd OB visit, what can the rest of us expect? Any good questions we should ask? Any topics you suggest mentioning? Anything your provider asked you that you hadn't thought about yet? Tips and tricks, please. ;) Thanks!
    How many weeks are you? I'm surprised you've only had one visit! If no ultrasound, most visits are very fast. They'll ask if you have any concerns or questions, them have you lay back and use a Doppler to listen to baby's heartbeat, and may or may not measure your uterus just by palpating your belly. No changing clothes, no frills. Some docs have some basic education they do at each visit but that gets more important as you get further along and need to know signs of high blood pressure, preterm labor, etc. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 I'm glad you're seeing the doctor.  I thought I was having BH at my 2nd job last week.  I was having horrible cramping.  It went away a few hours after I got off work.  It was weird.  Horrible pain while it was happening. They can start early.  I'm sure your doctor will put your mind to rest this morning!
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    Question!

I too am surprised you're only on your 2nd visit. Though there's probably nothing wrong with that. My OB has me see her every 4 weeks for now and then we we will switch to every 2 weeks then every week. My second visit I was 12 weeks and it was quick and easy.
    Every single appointment I leave a urine sample (which they test the proteins in), they take my blood pressure, and weight, and we listen to heartbeat and she asks how I'm feeling and if I'm eating healthy and wearing my seat belt below the bump. I believe at 12 week appointment I have blood for something, but other than that they've been quick and the same drill unless I'm getting a U/S
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @starphish18 I'm sorry you're not feeling way! Dr. told me I could totally start getting some BH, I haven't yet though. I did have a horrible night of stomachache/ crampy feeling last week though. I think it was up higher where my stomach now is, but it felt a little crampy and just the kind of pain you get when its the stomach flu and it just freaking hurts. I had my A/S the next day and everything was perfect. I think it was just some sort of bug, maybe the same for you? I know there's a variety of stomach bugs going around.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry